|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Inigo when he runs into a billiards room at the castle?
(a) He's struck by the Count's dagger.
(b) A guard dog threatens him.
(c) He's spotted by three guards.
(d) The Countess slaps him.
2. Max doesn't get the formula right for the miracle pill, which means what?
(a) The pill will work only until midnight.
(b) It'll work for only a half hour instead of an hour.
(c) Westley will experience severe nausea.
(d) There will be a long delay before the pill takes effect.
3. Why does the Count become unnerved while fighting against Inigo?
(a) He can't remember Inigo's father.
(b) Inigo keeps repeating his salutation.
(c) He realizes Inigo is a superior swordsman.
(d) Buttercup is watching the fight.
4. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
(a) The Count has taken away the coca leaves.
(b) Westley is too frightened of it.
(c) It attacks the body and the mind.
(d) The Count runs the machine while Westley is sleeping.
5. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Draw his sword.
(b) Feel the wall in the darkness.
(c) Try to calm his racing heart.
(d) Keep his balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buttercup has a nightmare about her own birth, what does the midwife say in her dream?
2. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
3. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
4. Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo break into the castle just moments after what happens?
5. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
2. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
3. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
4. How do Inigo, Fezzik, and Westley get past guards to reach the castle's gate?
5. Describe the words exchanged between Westley and the albino when they finally have their first real conversation.
6. To pacify Buttercup, what false offer does Humperdinck make regarding Westley and his pirate ship?
7. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
8. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
9. What is the Machine?
10. After Humperdinck's original plan to have Vizzini kidnap and kill Buttercup goes wrong, why is the Prince happy that his people are so enthralled by Buttercup?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)