|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yellin refuses to give up the gate key, Fezzik threatens to do what?
(a) Punch him in the face.
(b) Throw him into the moat.
(c) Rip off his arms.
(d) Tie him to a tree.
2. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
(a) Buttercup wakes up.
(b) Buttercup screams at the woman.
(c) The woman collapses to the ground.
(d) Guards seize the woman.
3. What animals do Inigo and Fezzik find at the first level of the Zoo?
(a) Creepy ones, including bats and centipedes.
(b) Large ones, including elephants and giraffes.
(c) Swift ones, including cheetahs and hummingbirds.
(d) Poisonous ones, including cobras and tarantulas.
4. How do Buttercup, Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo get past Yellin and the Brute Squad?
(a) As queen, Buttercup orders the Squad to go help Humperdinck.
(b) Fezzik intimidates everyone with his size and strength.
(c) Inigo holds Yellin hostage until the four are granted safe passage.
(d) Westley's pirate friends show up to defeat the Squad.
5. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
(b) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
(c) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
(d) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
2. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
3. When Inigo and Fezzik take the Man in Black to Miracle Max, Inigo tries to make up a story. Max says what?
4. When Fezzik regains consciousness, what does he struggle to remember?
5. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
2. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
3. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
4. Describe the words exchanged between Westley and the albino when they finally have their first real conversation.
5. What happens when Count Rugen and several armed men find Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik inside the castle?
6. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
7. Who defeats the King bats at the Zoo of Death?
8. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
9. What is the Machine?
10. To pacify Buttercup, what false offer does Humperdinck make regarding Westley and his pirate ship?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)