|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hidden danger awaits intruders at the Zoo by the ornate green-handled door?
(a) Wolf spider.
(b) Green-speckled recluse spider.
(c) Garden orb-weaving spider.
(d) Black widow.
2. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
(d) The albino.
3. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Drops his sword.
(c) Picks up his sword.
(d) Calls the King.
4. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
(a) Tigers try to attack, but can't get through the bars.
(b) They encounter the machine.
(c) The door closes behind them and candles go out.
(d) The albino warns them to leave now.
5. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
(a) Breaks down the door.
(b) Blocks off the Count's escape route.
(c) Encourages Inigo with rhymes.
(d) Finds another passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
2. Why do the men guarding the castle gate run away in panic as Fezzik approaches?
3. At the Zoo, how do Fezzik and Inigo get past the green-handled door?
4. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count says that it has taken how much time away from his life?
5. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
2. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
3. How does Inigo know that the piercing scream heard across the land emanated from the Man in Black?
4. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
5. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
6. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
7. What happens when Buttercup realizes that Humperdinck never sent out his four fastest ships to search for Westley?
8. What happens to Fezzik after he awakens following his battle with the Man in Black?
9. After his reunion with Fezzik, why does Inigo want to find the Man in Black?
10. Describe Westley's first experiences at the Zoo of Death.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)