|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Westley, Buttercup, and Inigo look out the castle window, they see Fezzik with what?
(a) Four horses.
(b) Four swords.
(c) A holocaust cloak.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
2. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
3. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
(a) Live her life as a Princess.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Leave to look for Westley.
(d) Run away.
4. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
(a) A letter from Buttercup.
(b) An order to return to the castle.
(c) A written apology from the Prince.
(d) A gift from Florin.
5. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
(a) Wedding planning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buttercup realize when she talks to the Prince the night before their wedding?
2. As Fezzik and Inigo descend the stairwell of the Zoo's third level, what captures their free hands and their necks?
3. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
4. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count asks how he feels. How does Westley respond?
5. When Buttercup apologizes to Westley for getting married, what does he reply?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Fezzik after he awakens following his battle with the Man in Black?
2. After Humperdinck's original plan to have Vizzini kidnap and kill Buttercup goes wrong, why is the Prince happy that his people are so enthralled by Buttercup?
3. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
4. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
5. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
6. What happens at the moment Buttercup is about to kill herself with a dagger?
7. After his reunion with Fezzik, why does Inigo want to find the Man in Black?
8. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
9. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
10. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)