|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Keep his balance.
(b) Feel the wall in the darkness.
(c) Try to calm his racing heart.
(d) Draw his sword.
2. Max doesn't get the formula right for the miracle pill, which means what?
(a) It'll work for only a half hour instead of an hour.
(b) Westley will experience severe nausea.
(c) There will be a long delay before the pill takes effect.
(d) The pill will work only until midnight.
3. Why do Buttercup and Westley pledge to outlive one another?
(a) So one can always protect the other.
(b) Florin wedding vows always include this pledge.
(c) They're just teasing each other.
(d) So they are never separated again.
4. How do Buttercup, Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo get past Yellin and the Brute Squad?
(a) As queen, Buttercup orders the Squad to go help Humperdinck.
(b) Westley's pirate friends show up to defeat the Squad.
(c) Fezzik intimidates everyone with his size and strength.
(d) Inigo holds Yellin hostage until the four are granted safe passage.
5. When Westley and Buttercup reunite in the castle, how much longer does the miracle pill have before it loses effect?
(a) Thirty seconds.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Seven minutes.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count says that it has taken how much time away from his life?
2. After Fezzik and Inigo reunite, the fencer plots revenge against the Count and requires what from the Man in Black?
3. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
4. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
5. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the moment Buttercup is about to kill herself with a dagger?
2. Who defeats the King bats at the Zoo of Death?
3. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
4. How are Inigo and Fezzik reunited after the death of Vizzini?
5. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
6. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
7. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
8. How does Inigo know that the piercing scream heard across the land emanated from the Man in Black?
9. After his reunion with Fezzik, why does Inigo want to find the Man in Black?
10. After Humperdinck's original plan to have Vizzini kidnap and kill Buttercup goes wrong, why is the Prince happy that his people are so enthralled by Buttercup?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)