|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fezzik inform Inigo about the six-fingered man?
(a) He's in love with Buttercup.
(b) He's torturing Westley.
(c) He's in Guilder.
(d) He's in Florin.
2. Who enters the chamber once Buttercup finishes tying up Humperdinck?
(b) The King.
(c) A guard.
3. How does Inigo react when he finds the Man in Black dead?
(a) Attacks the albino and his assistants.
(b) Starts tearing the zoo down.
(c) Wallows in despair before formulating a plan.
(d) Tries to revive him using the machine.
4. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
(a) He finds Buttercup.
(b) He becomes lost.
(c) He runs into Humperdinck.
(d) Guards capture him.
5. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Feel the wall in the darkness.
(b) Draw his sword.
(c) Keep his balance.
(d) Try to calm his racing heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a drunk and feisty Inigo recognize Fezzik?
2. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
3. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
4. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
5. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Inigo know that the piercing scream heard across the land emanated from the Man in Black?
2. What happens at the moment Buttercup is about to kill herself with a dagger?
3. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
4. Following her wedding to Humperdinck, what does Buttercup decide to do?
5. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
6. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
7. What happens when Count Rugen and several armed men find Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik inside the castle?
8. Describe what happens when Inigo and Fezzik reach the third level of the Zoo of Death.
9. What is the Machine?
10. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)