|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Buttercup insults the Prince, what does he do?
(a) Insults her back.
(b) Laughs at her.
(c) Pushes her down the stairs.
(d) Locks her in her room.
2. After the Count sets Westley's hand on fire, who tends to his burns?
(b) Miracle Max.
(d) The Albino.
3. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
(b) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
(c) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
(d) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
4. Who does the Prince plan to frame after killing Buttercup?
(a) Man in Black.
(c) Inigo Montoya.
5. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count asks how he feels. How does Westley respond?
(b) Laughs like a madman.
(c) Cries like a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max place the end of a bellows into Westley's mouth?
2. Who demands the gate key from Yellin as the three comrades try to enter the castle?
3. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
4. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
5. What happens as soon as the miracle pill passes down Westley's throat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
2. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
3. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
4. Describe Westley's first experiences at the Zoo of Death.
5. To pacify Buttercup, what false offer does Humperdinck make regarding Westley and his pirate ship?
6. What is the Machine?
7. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
8. Describe the words exchanged between Westley and the albino when they finally have their first real conversation.
9. How are Inigo and Fezzik reunited after the death of Vizzini?
10. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)