|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Inigo recognize the tortured scream as coming from the Man in Black?
(a) Only someone tortured by the machine would make that sound.
(b) Inigo remembers the Man in Black's voice.
(c) Inigo's father screamed like that when the six-fingered man killed him.
(d) Inigo's heart made the same sound when his father was killed.
2. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
(a) Looks for Buttercup.
(b) Looks for Inigo.
(c) Composes a poem about the Man in Black.
(d) Composes a poem about Vizzini.
3. Although Buttercup believes Westley is safe on his ship, in reality he is being what?
(a) Fed lies about Buttercup and the Prince.
(b) Forced to fight the Zoo beasts.
(c) Sold into slavery.
(d) Tortured by the Count and the Prince.
4. What hidden danger awaits intruders at the Zoo by the ornate green-handled door?
(a) Wolf spider.
(b) Green-speckled recluse spider.
(c) Garden orb-weaving spider.
(d) Black widow.
5. After Fezzik's and Inigo's reunion, how does the giant help the Spaniard?
(a) Finds his missing sword.
(b) Carries him to the castle.
(c) Nurses him out of his drunken stupor.
(d) Brings him medicine from Miracle Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fezzik and Inigo reach the Zoo's fifth level, what meets them initially?
2. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
3. When Fezzik regains consciousness, what does he struggle to remember?
4. When Westley, Buttercup, and Inigo look out the castle window, they see Fezzik with what?
5. Who demands the gate key from Yellin as the three comrades try to enter the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Machine?
2. Who defeats the King bats at the Zoo of Death?
3. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
4. What happens at the moment Buttercup is about to kill herself with a dagger?
5. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
6. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
7. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
8. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill?
9. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
10. How are Inigo and Fezzik reunited after the death of Vizzini?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)