|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demands the gate key from Yellin as the three comrades try to enter the castle?
2. Max covers the miracle pill with what?
(a) Candy shell.
(b) Coconut sprinkles.
(c) Cherry syrup.
(d) Chocolate coating.
3. How is it that Westley feels no pain when the Prince tortures him?
(a) The Prince greatly underestimates Westley's tolerance for pain.
(b) Westley has taken iocane powder to dull the pain.
(c) Westley takes his mind away to thoughts of Buttercup.
(d) The coca leaves that the albino gave him are working.
4. Why does Fezzik burst into the fourth level of the Zoo without first scoping out the area?
(a) He's anxious to get to the Man in Black.
(b) He thinks he hears the Count.
(c) He's angry at Inigo.
(d) He's worried the Prince is following them.
5. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
(a) Out of a sense of curiosity.
(b) To bring happiness to Buttercup.
(c) He's in dire need of money.
(d) To cause the Prince great suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
2. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
3. Why does the Count become unnerved while fighting against Inigo?
4. Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill when all of them are where?
5. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count asks how he feels. How does Westley respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. To pacify Buttercup, what false offer does Humperdinck make regarding Westley and his pirate ship?
2. How do Inigo, Fezzik, and Westley get past guards to reach the castle's gate?
3. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
4. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
5. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
6. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
7. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
8. How are Inigo and Fezzik reunited after the death of Vizzini?
9. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
10. What happens when Count Rugen and several armed men find Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik inside the castle?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)