|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two items does Westley request when he, Inigo, and Fezzik are trying to enter the castle?
(a) A mirror and a box of matches.
(b) A torch and a multicolor coat.
(c) A sword and a shield.
(d) A wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak.
2. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
(a) Piercing scream.
(b) Lunar eclipse.
(c) Deafening groan.
(d) Sharp gunshot.
3. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
(a) Finds another passage.
(b) Breaks down the door.
(c) Encourages Inigo with rhymes.
(d) Blocks off the Count's escape route.
4. When Fezzik and Inigo reach the Zoo's fifth level, what meets them initially?
(a) A bejeweled wall with hidden messages.
(b) A swarm of mosquitoes.
(c) A black bear.
(d) A brightly lit room that appears empty.
5. What is Inigo's initial reaction when the Count turns and runs away from him?
(a) He laughs and calls the Count a coward.
(b) He is angry that the Count won't face him.
(c) He begs Westley to help with the chase.
(d) He is stunned and can't move for a moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paralyzes Fezzik with fear in the Zoo's fourth level?
2. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
3. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
4. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
5. Why does the Count become unnerved while fighting against Inigo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill?
2. Describe what happens when Inigo and Fezzik reach the third level of the Zoo of Death.
3. Following her wedding to Humperdinck, what does Buttercup decide to do?
4. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
5. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
6. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
7. After his reunion with Fezzik, why does Inigo want to find the Man in Black?
8. Describe Westley's first experiences at the Zoo of Death.
9. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
10. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)