|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Prince goes to the garden to plan a counterattack right after his wedding to Buttercup, who escorts her to the bedchamber?
(c) The King and Queen.
(d) The Count and Countess.
2. What happens to Westley when the miracle pill stops working?
(a) He completely regains his strength.
(b) He falls dead, but then opens his eyes.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He forgets where he is.
3. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(b) An imbecile.
(d) A coward.
4. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
(a) Composes a poem about the Man in Black.
(b) Looks for Buttercup.
(c) Composes a poem about Vizzini.
(d) Looks for Inigo.
5. Why is the Count upset after Westley dies?
(a) The Count can no longer conduct pain experiments on him.
(b) Westley had promised the Count a small fortune in exchange for freedom.
(c) The Count had grown to like Westley.
(d) The Prince had not asked the Count for permission to use the machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
2. How does the albino tend to Westley?
3. What happens as soon as the miracle pill passes down Westley's throat?
4. Alone and defeated, where does Inigo go after he recalls the advice of Vizzini?
5. When Yellin refuses to give up the gate key, Fezzik threatens to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
2. What happens when Buttercup realizes that Humperdinck never sent out his four fastest ships to search for Westley?
3. How do Inigo, Fezzik, and Westley get past guards to reach the castle's gate?
4. Describe the words exchanged between Westley and the albino when they finally have their first real conversation.
5. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
6. What is the Machine?
7. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
8. Who defeats the King bats at the Zoo of Death?
9. Describe Westley's first experiences at the Zoo of Death.
10. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)