|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
(a) Hidden scissors.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His sword.
(d) A sharp rock.
2. When Westley tries to find out where he is, the albino does what?
(a) Slaps him.
(c) Tells him.
3. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) Stomping with his boots.
(b) With his sword.
(c) Hypnotizing with tiny bells that he wears around his neck.
(d) Standing perfectly still to appear invisible.
4. How does a drunk and feisty Inigo recognize Fezzik?
(a) By his size.
(b) By his secret code phrase.
(c) Through his laughter.
(d) Through his rhymes.
5. How does the albino tend to Westley?
(a) With rapid-healing ointments.
(b) With salt and aloe.
(c) With food and bandages.
(d) With oregano tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Buttercup insults the Prince, what does he do?
2. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
3. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
4. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
5. What does Fezzik do when he can't find the Spaniard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Inigo and Fezzik reach the third level of the Zoo of Death.
2. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
3. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
4. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
5. Following her wedding to Humperdinck, what does Buttercup decide to do?
6. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
7. After his reunion with Fezzik, why does Inigo want to find the Man in Black?
8. What is the Machine?
9. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill?
10. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)