|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) The Prince has drugged her.
(b) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(c) She knows Westley will save her.
(d) She has developed an escape plan.
2. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
(a) He laughs at Westley's stupidity.
(b) He encourages Westley to tell the Prince what he wants to know.
(c) He tells Westley to chew on coca leaves to suppress the pain.
(d) He yells at Westley for mistreating the Prince.
3. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(b) A coward.
(d) An imbecile.
4. How does the albino tend to Westley?
(a) With food and bandages.
(b) With oregano tea.
(c) With salt and aloe.
(d) With rapid-healing ointments.
5. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
(a) Guards capture him.
(b) He runs into Humperdinck.
(c) He finds Buttercup.
(d) He becomes lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
2. What happens to Inigo when he runs into a billiards room at the castle?
3. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count says that it has taken how much time away from his life?
4. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
5. What hidden danger awaits intruders at the Zoo by the ornate green-handled door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Buttercup realizes that Humperdinck never sent out his four fastest ships to search for Westley?
2. Describe what happens when Inigo and Fezzik reach the third level of the Zoo of Death.
3. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
4. Describe the words exchanged between Westley and the albino when they finally have their first real conversation.
5. How does Inigo know that the piercing scream heard across the land emanated from the Man in Black?
6. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
7. How do Inigo, Fezzik, and Westley get past guards to reach the castle's gate?
8. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
9. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
10. What happens to Fezzik after he awakens following his battle with the Man in Black?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)