|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Her horse.
(d) The stable.
2. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
(a) She can't marry someone so pompous.
(b) She's already married.
(c) She cannot love another.
(d) She has no interest in marriage.
3. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
(a) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(b) He has six fingers.
(c) He is more confident than the Prince.
(d) He is in love with Buttercup.
4. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
(a) The most intelligent woman in the world.
(b) A possession.
(c) The love of his life.
(d) An enigma.
5. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Reciting songs and poems.
(b) Reading him a story.
(c) Inventing action stories.
(d) Sharing family secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
2. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
3. Who is Count Rugen?
4. Whenever Buttercup commands the farm boy, he always answers what?
5. Who is William Goldman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
2. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
3. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
4. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
5. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
6. Whenever the farm boy says "As you wish", what does he really mean?
7. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
8. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
9. How does the Man in Black reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity after Vizzini cuts the rope?
10. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)