|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) A ravine that has no outlet.
(b) A place that is so easily accessible.
(c) Such a hurry.
(d) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
2. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
(a) She will never speak to him again.
(b) She will wait for him and never love another.
(c) She will start taking better care of her hygiene.
(d) She will find the Countess and kill her.
3. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
(a) Chamber of Darkness.
(b) Cave of Despair.
(c) Zoo of Death.
(d) Throne of Delusions.
4. When Buttercup pushes the Man in Black down a ravine and says he can die for all she cares, he says what?
(a) As you wish.
(b) What have you done?
(c) You will pay for this.
(d) Is that the best you can do?
5. Who entertained the author when he was a child recovering at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
2. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
3. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
4. As a child, the author was what?
5. Who is William Goldman?
Short Essay Questions
1. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
2. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
3. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
4. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
5. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
6. Describe Prince Humperdinck's personality and physical attributes.
7. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
8. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
9. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
10. Does the author's account of his father reading "The Princess Bride" seem credible to him?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)