|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
2. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
(a) A hundred.
3. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
(b) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(c) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
(d) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
4. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Writes about his favorite meals.
(b) Interrupts the narrative.
(c) Complains about the weather.
(d) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
5. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Unties the rope.
(b) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
(c) Fires off a flare.
(d) Utters a prayer of thanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
2. At the Cliffs of Insanity, who climbs the sheer cliff walls towards Buttercup and her abductors?
3. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
4. Why does the Queen speak for the King?
5. What happens to Westley's ship off the coast of America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
2. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
3. Describe Fezzik's childhood.
4. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
5. How does the Man in Black reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity after Vizzini cuts the rope?
6. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
7. How does Fezzik end up with Vizzini?
8. How does Buttercup regard her own appearance?
9. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
10. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)