|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
(a) Mother and father.
(c) Older sister.
2. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By distracting him.
(b) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(c) By speaking in another language.
(d) By poisoning the cheese.
3. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(b) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
(c) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
(d) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
4. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
(c) A hundred.
5. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
(a) The Prince is not yet ready to rule the land.
(b) The King's funeral will get in the way of the Prince's hunting expedition.
(c) The Prince will miss the King greatly.
(d) The Prince must now marry, but he doesn't want to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Count Rugen?
2. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
3. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
4. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
5. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
2. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
3. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
4. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
5. Describe Prince Humperdinck's personality and physical attributes.
6. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
7. Describe Inigo's childhood.
8. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
9. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
10. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)