|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Ruler of Guilder.
(b) Exiled prince of Florin.
(c) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(d) Ruler of Florin.
2. How old is Inigo when the Sicilian finds him?
3. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
(a) The Swede.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) The Turk.
(d) The pirate.
4. What happens to Westley's ship off the coast of America?
(a) It hits a rocky protrusion and sinks.
(b) It's attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts.
(c) It disappears in a hurricane.
(d) It's stopped by the Coast Guard and sent back.
5. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
(a) By choking him.
(b) By throwing him down the cliffs.
(c) By stabbing him.
(d) By throwing a rock at his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
2. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
3. When Buttercup takes Horse out for a ride and ponders her impending marriage, she is approached by whom?
4. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
5. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buttercup leave Westley and go with Humperdinck outside the Fire Swamp?
2. How do Vizzini, Fezzik, and Inigo come to kidnap Buttercup?
3. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
4. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
5. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
6. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
7. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
8. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
9. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
10. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)