|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
(a) He's been retired for fifteen years.
(b) He has three wives and twelve children.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He died in a hurricane.
2. Who is Jason?
(a) Author's pen name.
(b) Author's son.
(c) Author's father.
(d) Author's uncle.
3. As a child, the author was what?
(a) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
(b) A loner who did not excel in sports.
(c) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
(d) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
4. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(b) Ruler of Florin.
(c) Exiled prince of Florin.
(d) Ruler of Guilder.
5. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
(a) The Swede.
(b) The pirate.
(c) The Turk.
(d) The Spaniard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
2. What happens to Fezzik in the middle of Greenland?
3. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
4. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
5. Who or what is Prince Humperdinck's one true love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Vizzini, Fezzik, and Inigo come to kidnap Buttercup?
2. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
3. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
4. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
5. Describe Inigo's childhood.
6. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
7. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
8. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
9. Why does Buttercup leave Westley and go with Humperdinck outside the Fire Swamp?
10. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)