|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
(a) By stabbing him.
(b) By choking him.
(c) By throwing him down the cliffs.
(d) By throwing a rock at his head.
2. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
(a) Made up most of it.
(b) Recited it by memory.
(c) The delivery was overly theatrical.
(d) Kept only the action parts.
3. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
(b) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
(c) Writes a book about the pirate.
(d) Learns to cook and clean.
4. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) The Countess insulted her parents.
(b) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
(c) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(d) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
5. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(b) Let's the other guy win.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
2. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
3. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
4. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
5. How long does it take Inigo's father to create the special item requested by the six-fingered man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buttercup leave Westley and go with Humperdinck outside the Fire Swamp?
2. How does Buttercup regard her own appearance?
3. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
4. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
5. Does the author's account of his father reading "The Princess Bride" seem credible to him?
6. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
7. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
8. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
9. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
10. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)