|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
2. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
(a) He has six fingers.
(b) He is more confident than the Prince.
(c) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(d) He is in love with Buttercup.
3. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
(b) Mother and father.
(c) Older sister.
4. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
(a) A hundred.
5. As a child, the author was what?
(a) A loner who did not excel in sports.
(b) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
(c) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
(d) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
2. Who is Jason?
3. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
4. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
5. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Man in Black reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity after Vizzini cuts the rope?
2. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
3. Describe Inigo's childhood.
4. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
5. Does the author's account of his father reading "The Princess Bride" seem credible to him?
6. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
7. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
8. Whenever the farm boy says "As you wish", what does he really mean?
9. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
10. How do Vizzini, Fezzik, and Inigo come to kidnap Buttercup?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)