|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's bald.
(b) She's much taller than him.
(c) She's a vegetarian.
(d) She's twice his age.
2. How old is Inigo when the six-fingered man kills his father?
3. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(a) Talk to people.
(b) Bathe or comb her hair.
(c) Wear dresses.
4. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) The most intelligent woman in the world.
(c) An enigma.
(d) A possession.
5. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To kill her.
(b) A surprise birthday party for her.
(c) To overthrow the Prince.
(d) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Westley's pirate ship?
2. What happens to Fezzik in the middle of Greenland?
3. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
4. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
5. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
2. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
3. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
4. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
5. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
6. How does Fezzik end up with Vizzini?
7. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
8. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
9. Why does Buttercup leave Westley and go with Humperdinck outside the Fire Swamp?
10. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)