|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Learns to cook and clean.
(b) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
(c) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
(d) Writes a book about the pirate.
2. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To overthrow the Prince.
(b) A surprise birthday party for her.
(c) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
(d) To kill her.
3. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
(b) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(c) Unties the rope.
(d) Fires off a flare.
4. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) The existing crew is brainwashed.
(b) The ship is painted a different color.
(c) The ship is renamed.
(d) A new crew is brought aboard.
5. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) The Countess insulted her parents.
(b) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
(c) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(d) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
2. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
3. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
4. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
5. Discouraged because he can't find his father's murderer, Inigo starts to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
2. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
3. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
4. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
5. Why does Westley decide to leave Buttercup and sail to America?
6. Does the author's account of his father reading "The Princess Bride" seem credible to him?
7. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
8. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
9. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
10. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)