|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's a vegetarian.
(b) She's bald.
(c) She's twice his age.
(d) She's much taller than him.
2. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
(a) Fifth grade.
(d) Third grade.
3. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(b) Wear dresses.
(c) Talk to people.
(d) Bathe or comb her hair.
4. As a child, the author was what?
(a) A loner who did not excel in sports.
(b) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
(c) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
(d) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
5. The Prince announces that his wedding to Buttercup will take place on what occasion?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His parents' 60th wedding anniversary.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) The 500th anniversary of Florin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
2. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
3. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
4. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
5. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
Short Essay Questions
1. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
2. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
3. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
4. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
5. Describe Inigo's childhood.
6. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
7. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
8. How does Buttercup regard her own appearance?
9. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
10. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)