|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Reading him a story.
(b) Sharing family secrets.
(c) Reciting songs and poems.
(d) Inventing action stories.
2. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
(a) What his wife is doing back home.
(b) Where he might be able to get a drink of water.
(c) Whether or not the man has a gun.
(d) How sad it will be to have to kill him.
3. How old is Inigo when the Sicilian finds him?
4. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
(a) Too boring.
(b) No time.
(c) No interest.
(d) Too difficult.
5. When Fezzik's parents grow tired of other children beating up their son, what do they do?
(a) Teach him to fight.
(b) Teach him to rhyme.
(c) Talk to his teacher.
(d) Move into a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
2. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
3. What is the name of Westley's pirate ship?
4. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
5. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
2. Does the author's account of his father reading "The Princess Bride" seem credible to him?
3. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
4. How do Vizzini, Fezzik, and Inigo come to kidnap Buttercup?
5. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
6. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
7. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
8. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
9. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
10. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)