|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(a) Wear dresses.
(c) Bathe or comb her hair.
(d) Talk to people.
2. Who entertained the author when he was a child recovering at home?
3. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To kill her.
(b) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
(c) A surprise birthday party for her.
(d) To overthrow the Prince.
4. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
(a) He died in a hurricane.
(b) He has three wives and twelve children.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He's been retired for fifteen years.
5. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
(b) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(c) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
(d) The Countess insulted her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
2. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
3. Inigo's father is a master craftsman who makes what?
4. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
5. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whenever the farm boy says "As you wish", what does he really mean?
2. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
3. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
4. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
5. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
6. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
7. How does Fezzik end up with Vizzini?
8. Why does Westley decide to leave Buttercup and sail to America?
9. Why does Buttercup leave Westley and go with Humperdinck outside the Fire Swamp?
10. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)