|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
2. What is the name of Westley's pirate ship?
(a) Red Dread.
(c) Black Pearl.
3. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
(b) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
(c) The Count and the Countess.
(d) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
4. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) They think she's ugly.
(c) She smells bad.
(d) She's too stuck up.
5. When Fezzik's parents grow tired of other children beating up their son, what do they do?
(a) Talk to his teacher.
(b) Teach him to rhyme.
(c) Move into a cave.
(d) Teach him to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
2. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
3. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
4. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
5. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Inigo know that the piercing scream heard across the land emanated from the Man in Black?
2. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
3. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
4. How does Buttercup regard her own appearance?
5. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
6. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
7. Who defeats the King bats at the Zoo of Death?
8. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
9. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
10. How do Vizzini, Fezzik, and Inigo come to kidnap Buttercup?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)