|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jason?
(a) Author's uncle.
(b) Author's pen name.
(c) Author's son.
(d) Author's father.
2. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
(b) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
(c) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
(d) The Count and the Countess.
3. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
4. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) They think she's ugly.
(c) She's too stuck up.
(d) She smells bad.
5. What happens to Fezzik in the middle of Greenland?
(a) His girlfriend dumps him.
(b) He is attacked by a band of thieves.
(c) His best friend abandons him.
(d) The circus fires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
2. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
3. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
4. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
5. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
2. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
3. How does Fezzik end up with Vizzini?
4. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
5. Whenever the farm boy says "As you wish", what does he really mean?
6. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
7. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
8. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
9. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
10. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)