|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
(a) She will start taking better care of her hygiene.
(b) She will find the Countess and kill her.
(c) She will wait for him and never love another.
(d) She will never speak to him again.
2. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) The ship is painted a different color.
(b) The ship is renamed.
(c) A new crew is brought aboard.
(d) The existing crew is brainwashed.
3. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
4. Who or what is Prince Humperdinck's one true love?
(a) The Countess.
5. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Sugarcane powder.
(b) Iodine drops.
(c) Iocane powder.
(d) Novocaine drops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
2. What is the name of Westley's pirate ship?
3. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
4. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
5. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
2. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
3. Who defeats the King bats at the Zoo of Death?
4. Following her wedding to Humperdinck, what does Buttercup decide to do?
5. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
6. After his reunion with Fezzik, why does Inigo want to find the Man in Black?
7. After Humperdinck's original plan to have Vizzini kidnap and kill Buttercup goes wrong, why is the Prince happy that his people are so enthralled by Buttercup?
8. How does Buttercup regard her own appearance?
9. How are Inigo and Fezzik reunited after the death of Vizzini?
10. What is the significance of Buttercup's nightmares?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)