|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Inigo's father to create the special item requested by the six-fingered man?
(a) Six months.
(b) One week.
(c) Six years.
(d) One year.
2. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
3. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
4. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
(c) New Mexico.
5. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
(a) Bike accident.
(c) Near drowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
2. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
3. Discouraged because he can't find his father's murderer, Inigo starts to do what?
4. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
5. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
2. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
3. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
4. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
5. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
6. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
7. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
8. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
9. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
10. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)