|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
2. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
(b) Close friend of the farm boy.
(c) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(d) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
3. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
4. How old is Inigo when the six-fingered man kills his father?
5. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, the author was what?
2. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
3. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
4. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
5. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
2. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
3. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
4. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
5. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
6. Describe Fezzik's childhood.
7. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
8. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
9. Why does Westley decide to leave Buttercup and sail to America?
10. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)