|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Learns to cook and clean.
(b) Writes a book about the pirate.
(c) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
(d) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
2. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(b) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(c) Close friend of the farm boy.
(d) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
3. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
4. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
(a) An enigma.
(b) The most intelligent woman in the world.
(c) The love of his life.
(d) A possession.
5. How long does it take Inigo's father to create the special item requested by the six-fingered man?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) Six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
2. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
3. Discouraged because he can't find his father's murderer, Inigo starts to do what?
4. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
5. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whenever the farm boy says "As you wish", what does he really mean?
2. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
3. Why does Buttercup leave Westley and go with Humperdinck outside the Fire Swamp?
4. How does Fezzik end up with Vizzini?
5. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
6. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
7. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
8. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
9. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
10. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)