|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(b) Tormenting others.
2. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
(a) Reptiles of unthinkable swiftness.
(b) Rodents of unusual size.
(c) Rodents of unquestionable savageness.
(d) Reptiles of uncommon strength.
3. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Learns to cook and clean.
(b) Writes a book about the pirate.
(c) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
(d) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
4. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(d) Let's the other guy win.
5. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Third grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
2. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
3. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
4. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
5. When Fezzik's parents grow tired of other children beating up their son, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
2. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
3. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
4. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
5. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
6. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
7. Describe Fezzik's childhood.
8. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
9. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
10. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)