|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
(a) Reptiles of unthinkable swiftness.
(b) Reptiles of uncommon strength.
(c) Rodents of unquestionable savageness.
(d) Rodents of unusual size.
2. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Iocane powder.
(b) Iodine drops.
(c) Sugarcane powder.
(d) Novocaine drops.
3. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Someone's following them.
(b) The Count had given different orders.
(c) They have no drinking water left.
(d) Buttercup is missing.
4. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
(a) She will wait for him and never love another.
(b) She will never speak to him again.
(c) She will start taking better care of her hygiene.
(d) She will find the Countess and kill her.
5. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) A ravine that has no outlet.
(b) Such a hurry.
(c) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
(d) A place that is so easily accessible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
2. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
3. How long does it take Inigo's father to create the special item requested by the six-fingered man?
4. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
5. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Vizzini, Fezzik, and Inigo come to kidnap Buttercup?
2. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
3. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
4. Who is the Dread Pirate Roberts?
5. Describe Inigo's childhood.
6. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
7. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
8. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
9. How does the Man in Black reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity after Vizzini cuts the rope?
10. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)