|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By poisoning the cheese.
(b) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(c) By distracting him.
(d) By speaking in another language.
2. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) A surprise birthday party for her.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To overthrow the Prince.
(d) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
3. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The son of the book's author.
(b) The book's fictitious author.
(c) The father of the book's author.
(d) The book's author.
4. When Humperdinck demands that Buttercup marry him, he tells her that he doesn't want her love and will give her what?
(a) All the food she could ever want.
(b) None in return.
(c) Complete privacy.
(d) Any horse she wants.
5. Discouraged because he can't find his father's murderer, Inigo starts to do what?
(a) Drink wine in excess.
(b) Train to become a spy.
(c) Pray at every church he sees.
(d) Become a menace to the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
2. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
3. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
4. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
5. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
2. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
3. Why does the six-fingered man kill Domingo Montoya?
4. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
5. As future queen of Florin, how does Buttercup regard the people?
6. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
7. How does Fezzik feel when he sees the Man in Black approaching after his fight with Inigo?
8. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
9. How does Buttercup regard her own appearance?
10. How does the Man in Black reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity after Vizzini cuts the rope?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)