|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
2. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(b) Let's the other guy win.
3. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
(a) The Spaniard.
(b) The Swede.
(c) The pirate.
(d) The Turk.
4. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Buttercup is missing.
(b) They have no drinking water left.
(c) Someone's following them.
(d) The Count had given different orders.
5. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
2. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
3. Who entertained the author when he was a child recovering at home?
4. At the Cliffs of Insanity, who climbs the sheer cliff walls towards Buttercup and her abductors?
5. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Inigo know that the piercing scream heard across the land emanated from the Man in Black?
2. In the last chapter, what do we learn about Inigo's long-lost love?
3. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
4. Who is Waverly, and how does she come into the world?
5. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
6. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
7. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
8. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
9. Whenever the farm boy says "As you wish", what does he really mean?
10. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)