|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) A place that is so easily accessible.
(b) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
(c) A ravine that has no outlet.
(d) Such a hurry.
2. How does young Buttercup like spending most of her time?
(a) Swimming in the river.
(b) Farming with her father.
(c) Riding her horse.
(d) Sewing with her mother.
3. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
4. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
(a) Made up most of it.
(b) Kept only the action parts.
(c) Recited it by memory.
(d) The delivery was overly theatrical.
5. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
(a) Her parents.
(c) The stable.
(d) Her horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
2. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
3. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
4. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
5. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Man in Black outsmart and defeat Vizzini?
2. How does Buttercup try to escape her kidnappers?
3. Describe Fezzik's childhood.
4. Does the author's account of his father reading "The Princess Bride" seem credible to him?
5. What is Prince Humperdinck's demeanor as he pursues whoever kidnapped Buttercup?
6. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
7. Describe Prince Humperdinck's personality and physical attributes.
8. How does the Man in Black reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity after Vizzini cuts the rope?
9. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
10. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)