|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals do Inigo and Fezzik find at the first level of the Zoo?
(a) Creepy ones, including bats and centipedes.
(b) Poisonous ones, including cobras and tarantulas.
(c) Swift ones, including cheetahs and hummingbirds.
(d) Large ones, including elephants and giraffes.
2. Who taunts Fezzik after he is separated from Inigo and finds Vizzini dead?
(a) The Man in Black.
(b) The Count.
(c) Village boys.
(d) Town girls.
3. Why do Buttercup and Westley pledge to outlive one another?
(a) So one can always protect the other.
(b) Florin wedding vows always include this pledge.
(c) They're just teasing each other.
(d) So they are never separated again.
4. As Fezzik and Inigo descend the stairwell of the Zoo's third level, what captures their free hands and their necks?
(a) African Garstini snakes' coils.
(b) Indian elephants' trunks.
(c) Squirrel monkeys' teeth.
(d) Madagascar lemurs' tails.
5. Why does Fezzik burst into the fourth level of the Zoo without first scoping out the area?
(a) He's worried the Prince is following them.
(b) He thinks he hears the Count.
(c) He's anxious to get to the Man in Black.
(d) He's angry at Inigo.
6. Who demands the gate key from Yellin as the three comrades try to enter the castle?
7. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
(a) To bring happiness to Buttercup.
(b) He's in dire need of money.
(c) To cause the Prince great suffering.
(d) Out of a sense of curiosity.
8. When Inigo and Fezzik take the Man in Black to Miracle Max, Inigo tries to make up a story. Max says what?
(a) He doesn't have time for hopeless cases.
(b) He doesn't care what the real story is.
(c) Inigo is a bad liar.
(d) Fezzik is intimidating.
9. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
(a) A written apology from the Prince.
(b) A letter from Buttercup.
(c) An order to return to the castle.
(d) A gift from Florin.
10. What does Fezzik do when he can't find the Spaniard?
(a) Hides in an abandoned cottage.
(b) Hides in a small cave.
(c) Looks for Vizzini's boat.
(d) Looks for the Man in Black.
11. When Buttercup apologizes to Westley for getting married, what does he reply?
(a) She can get a divorce.
(b) She is not married.
(c) She is a foolish woman.
(d) The Prince is trying to kill her.
12. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(b) Giant underground cave.
(c) Large secret kitchen.
(d) Prison cell inside the castle.
13. Max doesn't get the formula right for the miracle pill, which means what?
(a) The pill will work only until midnight.
(b) It'll work for only a half hour instead of an hour.
(c) There will be a long delay before the pill takes effect.
(d) Westley will experience severe nausea.
14. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(b) The Prince has drugged her.
(c) She knows Westley will save her.
(d) She has developed an escape plan.
15. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) People screaming.
(b) Animals bellowing.
(c) The Count laughing.
(d) The Prince singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the albino tend to Westley?
2. Goldman's father always concluded with the words "And they lived happily ever after" at what point in the story?
3. When Fezzik and Inigo reach the Zoo's fifth level, what meets them initially?
4. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count asks how he feels. How does Westley respond?
5. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)