|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Buttercup has a nightmare about her own birth, what does the midwife say in her dream?
(a) Buttercup is evil.
(b) The baby is dead.
(c) Buttercup killed Westley.
(d) The baby is heartless.
2. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) The Count laughing.
(b) Animals bellowing.
(c) People screaming.
(d) The Prince singing.
3. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(b) A coward.
(c) An imbecile.
4. When Westley and Buttercup reunite in the castle, how much longer does the miracle pill have before it loses effect?
(a) Seven minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Forty-five minutes.
(d) Thirty seconds.
5. What is Inigo's initial reaction when the Count turns and runs away from him?
(a) He is angry that the Count won't face him.
(b) He is stunned and can't move for a moment.
(c) He begs Westley to help with the chase.
(d) He laughs and calls the Count a coward.
6. Who demands the gate key from Yellin as the three comrades try to enter the castle?
7. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
(a) He runs into Humperdinck.
(b) He finds Buttercup.
(c) He becomes lost.
(d) Guards capture him.
8. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
(a) The Count has taken away the coca leaves.
(b) The Count runs the machine while Westley is sleeping.
(c) It attacks the body and the mind.
(d) Westley is too frightened of it.
9. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
(a) Sharp gunshot.
(b) Lunar eclipse.
(c) Piercing scream.
(d) Deafening groan.
10. What paralyzes Fezzik with fear in the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) Deathstalker scorpions.
(b) King bats.
(c) Asian cobras.
(d) Poison dart frogs.
11. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Run away.
(c) Leave to look for Westley.
(d) Live her life as a Princess.
12. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(b) Giant underground cave.
(c) Prison cell inside the castle.
(d) Large secret kitchen.
13. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
(a) To cause the Prince great suffering.
(b) To bring happiness to Buttercup.
(c) Out of a sense of curiosity.
(d) He's in dire need of money.
14. At the Zoo, how do Fezzik and Inigo get past the green-handled door?
(a) They find a secret key.
(b) Fezzik smashes it down.
(c) It opens mysteriously by itself.
(d) Inigo presses a button with his sword.
15. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
(b) The albino.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
2. Max doesn't get the formula right for the miracle pill, which means what?
3. What hidden danger awaits intruders at the Zoo by the ornate green-handled door?
4. Why do Buttercup and Westley pledge to outlive one another?
5. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)