|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(b) Giant underground cave.
(c) Large secret kitchen.
(d) Prison cell inside the castle.
2. Max covers the miracle pill with what?
(a) Coconut sprinkles.
(b) Cherry syrup.
(c) Chocolate coating.
(d) Candy shell.
3. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
(a) Breaks down the door.
(b) Encourages Inigo with rhymes.
(c) Blocks off the Count's escape route.
(d) Finds another passage.
4. Goldman's father always concluded with the words "And they lived happily ever after" at what point in the story?
(a) After the birth of Buttercup's and Westley's child.
(b) After Buttercup and Westley bid their new friends farewell.
(c) Right after Buttercup and Westley safely reach the Revenge.
(d) Right after Buttercup's and Westley's pledge.
5. What happens as soon as the miracle pill passes down Westley's throat?
(a) He begins talking.
(b) Absolutely nothing.
(c) He begins convulsing.
(d) The three men are discovered.
6. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
(a) Composes a poem about Vizzini.
(b) Composes a poem about the Man in Black.
(c) Looks for Buttercup.
(d) Looks for Inigo.
7. Why is the Count upset after Westley dies?
(a) The Count had grown to like Westley.
(b) Westley had promised the Count a small fortune in exchange for freedom.
(c) The Count can no longer conduct pain experiments on him.
(d) The Prince had not asked the Count for permission to use the machine.
8. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
(b) High advenchoor.
(d) Troo luv.
9. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
(b) Wedding planning.
10. How does Inigo react when he finds the Man in Black dead?
(a) Tries to revive him using the machine.
(b) Wallows in despair before formulating a plan.
(c) Starts tearing the zoo down.
(d) Attacks the albino and his assistants.
11. Who enters the chamber once Buttercup finishes tying up Humperdinck?
(b) The King.
(c) A guard.
12. When the Prince goes to the garden to plan a counterattack right after his wedding to Buttercup, who escorts her to the bedchamber?
(a) The King and Queen.
(b) The Count and Countess.
13. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) Stomping with his boots.
(b) Standing perfectly still to appear invisible.
(c) With his sword.
(d) Hypnotizing with tiny bells that he wears around his neck.
14. Goldman claims that when he did the abridgment, he discovered what?
(a) The four friends would have outrun the Brute Squad if it weren't for a series of unfortunate events.
(b) Inigo dies from his wounds and Fezzik sails away to Greenland.
(c) The book actually ends with the four friends captured and imprisoned.
(d) His father failed to mention that Humperdinck and Westley end up dueling.
15. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Live her life as a Princess.
(c) Leave to look for Westley.
(d) Kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men guarding the castle gate run away in panic as Fezzik approaches?
2. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
3. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
4. Why does Buttercup tell Humperdinck that if she must marry him, she will surely be dead by morning?
5. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)