|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
(b) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
(c) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
(d) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
2. Alone and defeated, where does Inigo go after he recalls the advice of Vizzini?
(a) Zoo of Death.
(b) Miracle Max's house.
(c) Thieves Quarter.
(d) Florin Castle.
3. Although Buttercup believes Westley is safe on his ship, in reality he is being what?
(a) Forced to fight the Zoo beasts.
(b) Fed lies about Buttercup and the Prince.
(c) Tortured by the Count and the Prince.
(d) Sold into slavery.
4. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Giant underground cave.
(b) Prison cell inside the castle.
(c) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(d) Large secret kitchen.
5. Why do Buttercup and Westley pledge to outlive one another?
(a) So one can always protect the other.
(b) They're just teasing each other.
(c) Florin wedding vows always include this pledge.
(d) So they are never separated again.
6. When Westley tries to find out where he is, the albino does what?
(a) Tells him.
(b) Slaps him.
7. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
(a) Westley is too frightened of it.
(b) The Count has taken away the coca leaves.
(c) It attacks the body and the mind.
(d) The Count runs the machine while Westley is sleeping.
8. Max covers the miracle pill with what?
(a) Cherry syrup.
(b) Candy shell.
(c) Coconut sprinkles.
(d) Chocolate coating.
9. What animals do Inigo and Fezzik find at the first level of the Zoo?
(a) Creepy ones, including bats and centipedes.
(b) Large ones, including elephants and giraffes.
(c) Poisonous ones, including cobras and tarantulas.
(d) Swift ones, including cheetahs and hummingbirds.
10. After Buttercup insults the Prince, what does he do?
(a) Laughs at her.
(b) Locks her in her room.
(c) Pushes her down the stairs.
(d) Insults her back.
11. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(b) She has developed an escape plan.
(c) The Prince has drugged her.
(d) She knows Westley will save her.
12. What does Fezzik inform Inigo about the six-fingered man?
(a) He's in love with Buttercup.
(b) He's torturing Westley.
(c) He's in Florin.
(d) He's in Guilder.
13. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(a) An imbecile.
(b) A coward.
14. When the Prince goes to the garden to plan a counterattack right after his wedding to Buttercup, who escorts her to the bedchamber?
(b) The King and Queen.
(c) The Count and Countess.
15. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Keep his balance.
(b) Try to calm his racing heart.
(c) Draw his sword.
(d) Feel the wall in the darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buttercup has a nightmare about her own birth, what does the midwife say in her dream?
2. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
3. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
4. At the Zoo, how do Fezzik and Inigo get past the green-handled door?
5. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)