|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Prince plan to frame after killing Buttercup?
(a) Man in Black.
(b) Inigo Montoya.
2. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
(a) The woman collapses to the ground.
(b) Guards seize the woman.
(c) Buttercup screams at the woman.
(d) Buttercup wakes up.
3. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(b) Large secret kitchen.
(c) Giant underground cave.
(d) Prison cell inside the castle.
4. Alone and defeated, where does Inigo go after he recalls the advice of Vizzini?
(a) Miracle Max's house.
(b) Zoo of Death.
(c) Thieves Quarter.
(d) Florin Castle.
5. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
(a) Composes a poem about Vizzini.
(b) Looks for Buttercup.
(c) Looks for Inigo.
(d) Composes a poem about the Man in Black.
6. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
(a) Hidden scissors.
(b) A sharp rock.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His sword.
7. What hidden danger awaits intruders at the Zoo by the ornate green-handled door?
(a) Black widow.
(b) Green-speckled recluse spider.
(c) Wolf spider.
(d) Garden orb-weaving spider.
8. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
(a) Funeral of the King.
(b) Cleaning of the Castle Walls.
(c) Emptying of theThieves Quarter.
(d) Festival of Florin.
9. After Fezzik and Inigo reunite, the fencer plots revenge against the Count and requires what from the Man in Black?
(a) His batallion of soldiers.
(b) His inside knowledge of the castle grounds.
(c) His planning and leadership.
(d) His pirate ship.
10. At what point does Rugen fully realize who Inigo is?
(a) When Inigo calls him by his pseudonym.
(b) When he sees Inigo's ring.
(c) When he sees Inigo's sword.
(d) When Inigo insults him in Spanish.
11. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) People screaming.
(b) The Count laughing.
(c) Animals bellowing.
(d) The Prince singing.
12. Who taunts Fezzik after he is separated from Inigo and finds Vizzini dead?
(a) The Count.
(b) The Man in Black.
(c) Village boys.
(d) Town girls.
13. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count asks how he feels. How does Westley respond?
(a) Cries like a baby.
(d) Laughs like a madman.
14. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) Standing perfectly still to appear invisible.
(b) Stomping with his boots.
(c) Hypnotizing with tiny bells that he wears around his neck.
(d) With his sword.
15. When Yellin refuses to give up the gate key, Fezzik threatens to do what?
(a) Punch him in the face.
(b) Tie him to a tree.
(c) Throw him into the moat.
(d) Rip off his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fezzik do when he can't find the Spaniard?
2. Max doesn't get the formula right for the miracle pill, which means what?
3. What animals do Inigo and Fezzik find at the first level of the Zoo?
4. What happens as soon as the miracle pill passes down Westley's throat?
5. In their quest to enter the castle, Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik work together, combining their what?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)