|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
(b) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
(c) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
(d) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
2. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
(a) It attacks the body and the mind.
(b) The Count runs the machine while Westley is sleeping.
(c) Westley is too frightened of it.
(d) The Count has taken away the coca leaves.
3. What does Fezzik do when he can't find the Spaniard?
(a) Hides in a small cave.
(b) Looks for Vizzini's boat.
(c) Looks for the Man in Black.
(d) Hides in an abandoned cottage.
4. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
(a) The albino.
5. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
(a) To bring happiness to Buttercup.
(b) Out of a sense of curiosity.
(c) He's in dire need of money.
(d) To cause the Prince great suffering.
6. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Keep his balance.
(b) Try to calm his racing heart.
(c) Draw his sword.
(d) Feel the wall in the darkness.
7. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
(a) Buttercup wakes up.
(b) The woman collapses to the ground.
(c) Buttercup screams at the woman.
(d) Guards seize the woman.
8. When Buttercup has a nightmare about her own birth, what does the midwife say in her dream?
(a) Buttercup killed Westley.
(b) The baby is heartless.
(c) The baby is dead.
(d) Buttercup is evil.
9. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Live her life as a Princess.
(d) Leave to look for Westley.
10. After Fezzik's and Inigo's reunion, how does the giant help the Spaniard?
(a) Nurses him out of his drunken stupor.
(b) Brings him medicine from Miracle Max.
(c) Finds his missing sword.
(d) Carries him to the castle.
11. When Westley and Buttercup reunite in the castle, how much longer does the miracle pill have before it loses effect?
(a) Thirty seconds.
(b) Forty-five minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Seven minutes.
12. Goldman claims that when he did the abridgment, he discovered what?
(a) The book actually ends with the four friends captured and imprisoned.
(b) His father failed to mention that Humperdinck and Westley end up dueling.
(c) The four friends would have outrun the Brute Squad if it weren't for a series of unfortunate events.
(d) Inigo dies from his wounds and Fezzik sails away to Greenland.
13. Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill when all of them are where?
(a) Castle wall.
(b) Thieves' quarters.
(c) Buttercup's room.
(d) Humperdinck's room.
14. Why does Fezzik burst into the fourth level of the Zoo without first scoping out the area?
(a) He's anxious to get to the Man in Black.
(b) He's worried the Prince is following them.
(c) He's angry at Inigo.
(d) He thinks he hears the Count.
15. When Fezzik regains consciousness, what does he struggle to remember?
(a) Where he'd seen the Man in Black before.
(b) The names of his companions.
(c) What to do when separated from his friends.
(d) How he lost consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Prince plan to frame after killing Buttercup?
2. When Yellin refuses to give up the gate key, Fezzik threatens to do what?
3. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
4. Why do Buttercup and Westley pledge to outlive one another?
5. Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo break into the castle just moments after what happens?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)