|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
(a) Because Buttercup is in Florin.
(b) Destiny is reuniting all of them.
(c) Because the Prince surely must be torturing him.
(d) Inigo can see the man's ship in the harbor.
2. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
(a) He finds Buttercup.
(b) He becomes lost.
(c) Guards capture him.
(d) He runs into Humperdinck.
3. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
(a) Composes a poem about Vizzini.
(b) Looks for Buttercup.
(c) Composes a poem about the Man in Black.
(d) Looks for Inigo.
4. What animals do Inigo and Fezzik find at the first level of the Zoo?
(a) Swift ones, including cheetahs and hummingbirds.
(b) Large ones, including elephants and giraffes.
(c) Creepy ones, including bats and centipedes.
(d) Poisonous ones, including cobras and tarantulas.
5. What does Buttercup realize when she talks to the Prince the night before their wedding?
(a) He never sent four ships to look for Westley.
(b) She's falling in love with the Prince.
(c) The Prince has been torturing Westley for weeks.
(d) The Count plans to kill her.
6. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count asks how he feels. How does Westley respond?
(a) Laughs like a madman.
(d) Cries like a baby.
7. When Fezzik and Inigo reach the Zoo's fifth level, what meets them initially?
(a) A bejeweled wall with hidden messages.
(b) A brightly lit room that appears empty.
(c) A swarm of mosquitoes.
(d) A black bear.
8. Why do the men guarding the castle gate run away in panic as Fezzik approaches?
(a) Fezzik is shooting off dangerous firecrackers.
(b) Fezzik claims to be the Dread Pirate Roberts.
(c) Through mirror tricks, it appears that ten giants are approaching.
(d) The guards think he's a poltergeist.
9. Who does the Prince plan to frame after killing Buttercup?
(a) Man in Black.
(d) Inigo Montoya.
10. How does Inigo react when he finds the Man in Black dead?
(a) Attacks the albino and his assistants.
(b) Wallows in despair before formulating a plan.
(c) Starts tearing the zoo down.
(d) Tries to revive him using the machine.
11. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
(a) Drops his sword.
(b) Picks up his sword.
(c) Calls the King.
(d) Runs away.
12. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
(a) He tells Westley to chew on coca leaves to suppress the pain.
(b) He encourages Westley to tell the Prince what he wants to know.
(c) He laughs at Westley's stupidity.
(d) He yells at Westley for mistreating the Prince.
13. Although Buttercup believes Westley is safe on his ship, in reality he is being what?
(a) Fed lies about Buttercup and the Prince.
(b) Sold into slavery.
(c) Tortured by the Count and the Prince.
(d) Forced to fight the Zoo beasts.
14. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
(a) His teeth.
(b) A sharp rock.
(c) Hidden scissors.
(d) His sword.
15. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) The Prince singing.
(b) Animals bellowing.
(c) People screaming.
(d) The Count laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
2. How does a drunk and feisty Inigo recognize Fezzik?
3. At the Zoo, how do Fezzik and Inigo get past the green-handled door?
4. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
5. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)