|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
(a) He encourages Westley to tell the Prince what he wants to know.
(b) He yells at Westley for mistreating the Prince.
(c) He laughs at Westley's stupidity.
(d) He tells Westley to chew on coca leaves to suppress the pain.
2. How do Buttercup, Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo get past Yellin and the Brute Squad?
(a) Westley's pirate friends show up to defeat the Squad.
(b) Inigo holds Yellin hostage until the four are granted safe passage.
(c) As queen, Buttercup orders the Squad to go help Humperdinck.
(d) Fezzik intimidates everyone with his size and strength.
3. How is it that Westley feels no pain when the Prince tortures him?
(a) Westley takes his mind away to thoughts of Buttercup.
(b) The coca leaves that the albino gave him are working.
(c) Westley has taken iocane powder to dull the pain.
(d) The Prince greatly underestimates Westley's tolerance for pain.
4. When Fezzik regains consciousness, what does he struggle to remember?
(a) Where he'd seen the Man in Black before.
(b) How he lost consciousness.
(c) What to do when separated from his friends.
(d) The names of his companions.
5. Who taunts Fezzik after he is separated from Inigo and finds Vizzini dead?
(a) The Man in Black.
(b) The Count.
(c) Village boys.
(d) Town girls.
6. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(a) A coward.
(b) An imbecile.
7. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
(d) The albino.
8. What paralyzes Fezzik with fear in the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) King bats.
(b) Deathstalker scorpions.
(c) Asian cobras.
(d) Poison dart frogs.
9. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
10. What does Buttercup realize when she talks to the Prince the night before their wedding?
(a) He never sent four ships to look for Westley.
(b) She's falling in love with the Prince.
(c) The Prince has been torturing Westley for weeks.
(d) The Count plans to kill her.
11. Why does Buttercup tell Humperdinck that if she must marry him, she will surely be dead by morning?
(a) She enjoys being a drama queen.
(b) She's trying to trick him into canceling the wedding.
(c) She realizes she loves only Westley.
(d) She has heard about his plot to kill her.
12. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
(a) Funeral of the King.
(b) Cleaning of the Castle Walls.
(c) Emptying of theThieves Quarter.
(d) Festival of Florin.
13. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
(a) Leave to look for Westley.
(b) Live her life as a Princess.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Run away.
14. What happens to Westley when the miracle pill stops working?
(a) He falls dead, but then opens his eyes.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He forgets where he is.
(d) He completely regains his strength.
15. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
(a) To bring happiness to Buttercup.
(b) He's in dire need of money.
(c) Out of a sense of curiosity.
(d) To cause the Prince great suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Count upset after Westley dies?
2. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
3. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
4. Why does Fezzik burst into the fourth level of the Zoo without first scoping out the area?
5. Why do the men guarding the castle gate run away in panic as Fezzik approaches?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)