|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Buttercup insults the Prince, what does he do?
(a) Laughs at her.
(b) Pushes her down the stairs.
(c) Locks her in her room.
(d) Insults her back.
2. How does Inigo react when he finds the Man in Black dead?
(a) Wallows in despair before formulating a plan.
(b) Starts tearing the zoo down.
(c) Tries to revive him using the machine.
(d) Attacks the albino and his assistants.
3. What two items does Westley request when he, Inigo, and Fezzik are trying to enter the castle?
(a) A torch and a multicolor coat.
(b) A mirror and a box of matches.
(c) A wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak.
(d) A sword and a shield.
4. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
(a) Inigo can see the man's ship in the harbor.
(b) Because the Prince surely must be torturing him.
(c) Because Buttercup is in Florin.
(d) Destiny is reuniting all of them.
5. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
(a) Calls the King.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Picks up his sword.
(d) Drops his sword.
6. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
(a) He yells at Westley for mistreating the Prince.
(b) He laughs at Westley's stupidity.
(c) He tells Westley to chew on coca leaves to suppress the pain.
(d) He encourages Westley to tell the Prince what he wants to know.
7. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
(a) Sharp gunshot.
(b) Lunar eclipse.
(c) Piercing scream.
(d) Deafening groan.
8. After Fezzik and Inigo reunite, the fencer plots revenge against the Count and requires what from the Man in Black?
(a) His inside knowledge of the castle grounds.
(b) His batallion of soldiers.
(c) His planning and leadership.
(d) His pirate ship.
9. What animals do Inigo and Fezzik find at the first level of the Zoo?
(a) Swift ones, including cheetahs and hummingbirds.
(b) Poisonous ones, including cobras and tarantulas.
(c) Creepy ones, including bats and centipedes.
(d) Large ones, including elephants and giraffes.
10. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
(b) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
(c) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
(d) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
11. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
(a) Out of a sense of curiosity.
(b) He's in dire need of money.
(c) To bring happiness to Buttercup.
(d) To cause the Prince great suffering.
12. When Westley tries to find out where he is, the albino does what?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Tells him.
13. At the Zoo, how do Fezzik and Inigo get past the green-handled door?
(a) Fezzik smashes it down.
(b) It opens mysteriously by itself.
(c) Inigo presses a button with his sword.
(d) They find a secret key.
14. When Fezzik and Inigo reach the Zoo's fifth level, what meets them initially?
(a) A black bear.
(b) A brightly lit room that appears empty.
(c) A bejeweled wall with hidden messages.
(d) A swarm of mosquitoes.
15. Why does Max place the end of a bellows into Westley's mouth?
(a) To get the truth out.
(b) To resuscitate the lungs.
(c) To clear out any negative energy.
(d) To look like he's doing something useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Fezzik and Inigo descend the stairwell of the Zoo's third level, what captures their free hands and their necks?
2. When Inigo and Fezzik take the Man in Black to Miracle Max, Inigo tries to make up a story. Max says what?
3. What does Fezzik do when he can't find the Spaniard?
4. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
5. When Yellin refuses to give up the gate key, Fezzik threatens to do what?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)