|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alone and defeated, where does Inigo go after he recalls the advice of Vizzini?
(a) Zoo of Death.
(b) Florin Castle.
(c) Thieves Quarter.
(d) Miracle Max's house.
2. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
(a) Calls the King.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Drops his sword.
(d) Picks up his sword.
3. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) Animals bellowing.
(b) The Prince singing.
(c) People screaming.
(d) The Count laughing.
4. Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo break into the castle just moments after what happens?
(a) Guilder attacks.
(b) The King dies.
(c) Humperdinck marries Buttercup.
(d) Rugen discovers Westley is missing.
5. After Fezzik's and Inigo's reunion, how does the giant help the Spaniard?
(a) Finds his missing sword.
(b) Nurses him out of his drunken stupor.
(c) Brings him medicine from Miracle Max.
(d) Carries him to the castle.
6. When Buttercup apologizes to Westley for getting married, what does he reply?
(a) She can get a divorce.
(b) She is a foolish woman.
(c) She is not married.
(d) The Prince is trying to kill her.
7. How does Fezzik get rid of the noisy brute who's trying to trick Inigo?
(a) Fights him and wins.
(b) Bonks him on the head.
(c) Tricks him into thinking the Prince sent for him.
(d) Pushes him off the wall.
8. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
(b) The albino.
9. At what point does Rugen fully realize who Inigo is?
(a) When Inigo insults him in Spanish.
(b) When he sees Inigo's ring.
(c) When he sees Inigo's sword.
(d) When Inigo calls him by his pseudonym.
10. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
(a) Giant spiderwebs are everywhere.
(b) Fezzik is frightened.
(c) He may find the Count here.
(d) They run into the albino.
11. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
(a) A letter from Buttercup.
(b) A written apology from the Prince.
(c) An order to return to the castle.
(d) A gift from Florin.
12. Goldman claims that when he did the abridgment, he discovered what?
(a) Inigo dies from his wounds and Fezzik sails away to Greenland.
(b) His father failed to mention that Humperdinck and Westley end up dueling.
(c) The four friends would have outrun the Brute Squad if it weren't for a series of unfortunate events.
(d) The book actually ends with the four friends captured and imprisoned.
13. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
14. What two items does Westley request when he, Inigo, and Fezzik are trying to enter the castle?
(a) A wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak.
(b) A mirror and a box of matches.
(c) A sword and a shield.
(d) A torch and a multicolor coat.
15. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
(a) Hidden scissors.
(b) His teeth.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a drunk and feisty Inigo recognize Fezzik?
2. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
3. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
4. Why does Max place the end of a bellows into Westley's mouth?
5. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)