|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Zoo, how do Fezzik and Inigo get past the green-handled door?
(a) Inigo presses a button with his sword.
(b) It opens mysteriously by itself.
(c) They find a secret key.
(d) Fezzik smashes it down.
2. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Draw his sword.
(b) Try to calm his racing heart.
(c) Feel the wall in the darkness.
(d) Keep his balance.
3. Why is the Count upset after Westley dies?
(a) The Prince had not asked the Count for permission to use the machine.
(b) The Count had grown to like Westley.
(c) Westley had promised the Count a small fortune in exchange for freedom.
(d) The Count can no longer conduct pain experiments on him.
4. When Fezzik regains consciousness, what does he struggle to remember?
(a) The names of his companions.
(b) How he lost consciousness.
(c) What to do when separated from his friends.
(d) Where he'd seen the Man in Black before.
5. After the Count sets Westley's hand on fire, who tends to his burns?
(b) Miracle Max.
(d) The Albino.
6. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) People screaming.
(b) Animals bellowing.
(c) The Count laughing.
(d) The Prince singing.
7. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Giant underground cave.
(b) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(c) Prison cell inside the castle.
(d) Large secret kitchen.
8. Why does Max place the end of a bellows into Westley's mouth?
(a) To clear out any negative energy.
(b) To get the truth out.
(c) To look like he's doing something useful.
(d) To resuscitate the lungs.
9. Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill when all of them are where?
(a) Buttercup's room.
(b) Humperdinck's room.
(c) Thieves' quarters.
(d) Castle wall.
10. Max doesn't get the formula right for the miracle pill, which means what?
(a) Westley will experience severe nausea.
(b) There will be a long delay before the pill takes effect.
(c) The pill will work only until midnight.
(d) It'll work for only a half hour instead of an hour.
11. What happens to Inigo when he runs into a billiards room at the castle?
(a) A guard dog threatens him.
(b) He's spotted by three guards.
(c) The Countess slaps him.
(d) He's struck by the Count's dagger.
12. After Fezzik and Inigo reunite, the fencer plots revenge against the Count and requires what from the Man in Black?
(a) His inside knowledge of the castle grounds.
(b) His pirate ship.
(c) His planning and leadership.
(d) His batallion of soldiers.
13. When Yellin refuses to give up the gate key, Fezzik threatens to do what?
(a) Throw him into the moat.
(b) Punch him in the face.
(c) Tie him to a tree.
(d) Rip off his arms.
14. What happens to Westley when the miracle pill stops working?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He falls dead, but then opens his eyes.
(c) He forgets where he is.
(d) He completely regains his strength.
15. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
(a) Buttercup wakes up.
(b) Guards seize the woman.
(c) Buttercup screams at the woman.
(d) The woman collapses to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Buttercup believes Westley is safe on his ship, in reality he is being what?
2. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
3. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count says that it has taken how much time away from his life?
4. Why does Buttercup tell Humperdinck that if she must marry him, she will surely be dead by morning?
5. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)