|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point does Rugen fully realize who Inigo is?
(a) When Inigo calls him by his pseudonym.
(b) When he sees Inigo's ring.
(c) When he sees Inigo's sword.
(d) When Inigo insults him in Spanish.
2. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
(a) Calls the King.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Picks up his sword.
(d) Drops his sword.
3. After the Count sets Westley's hand on fire, who tends to his burns?
(a) Miracle Max.
(d) The Albino.
4. How does the albino tend to Westley?
(a) With oregano tea.
(b) With rapid-healing ointments.
(c) With food and bandages.
(d) With salt and aloe.
5. As Fezzik and Inigo descend the stairwell of the Zoo's third level, what captures their free hands and their necks?
(a) Madagascar lemurs' tails.
(b) Indian elephants' trunks.
(c) Squirrel monkeys' teeth.
(d) African Garstini snakes' coils.
6. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
(a) A letter from Buttercup.
(b) An order to return to the castle.
(c) A written apology from the Prince.
(d) A gift from Florin.
7. After Fezzik's and Inigo's reunion, how does the giant help the Spaniard?
(a) Finds his missing sword.
(b) Nurses him out of his drunken stupor.
(c) Carries him to the castle.
(d) Brings him medicine from Miracle Max.
8. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
(a) He becomes lost.
(b) Guards capture him.
(c) He runs into Humperdinck.
(d) He finds Buttercup.
9. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
(a) The door closes behind them and candles go out.
(b) The albino warns them to leave now.
(c) They encounter the machine.
(d) Tigers try to attack, but can't get through the bars.
10. Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo break into the castle just moments after what happens?
(a) Humperdinck marries Buttercup.
(b) Rugen discovers Westley is missing.
(c) The King dies.
(d) Guilder attacks.
11. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(b) The Prince has drugged her.
(c) She knows Westley will save her.
(d) She has developed an escape plan.
12. After Buttercup insults the Prince, what does he do?
(a) Insults her back.
(b) Locks her in her room.
(c) Laughs at her.
(d) Pushes her down the stairs.
13. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Large secret kitchen.
(b) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(c) Prison cell inside the castle.
(d) Giant underground cave.
14. When Westley, Buttercup, and Inigo look out the castle window, they see Fezzik with what?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) Four swords.
(c) Four horses.
(d) A holocaust cloak.
15. After Fezzik and Inigo reunite, the fencer plots revenge against the Count and requires what from the Man in Black?
(a) His pirate ship.
(b) His planning and leadership.
(c) His inside knowledge of the castle grounds.
(d) His batallion of soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
2. Who does the Prince plan to frame after killing Buttercup?
3. Who demands the gate key from Yellin as the three comrades try to enter the castle?
4. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
5. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)