|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fezzik burst into the fourth level of the Zoo without first scoping out the area?
(a) He's anxious to get to the Man in Black.
(b) He's angry at Inigo.
(c) He thinks he hears the Count.
(d) He's worried the Prince is following them.
2. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) She knows Westley will save her.
(b) The Prince has drugged her.
(c) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(d) She has developed an escape plan.
3. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
(a) Inigo can see the man's ship in the harbor.
(b) Because Buttercup is in Florin.
(c) Destiny is reuniting all of them.
(d) Because the Prince surely must be torturing him.
4. After Fezzik and Inigo reunite, the fencer plots revenge against the Count and requires what from the Man in Black?
(a) His inside knowledge of the castle grounds.
(b) His planning and leadership.
(c) His pirate ship.
(d) His batallion of soldiers.
5. What happens to Inigo when he runs into a billiards room at the castle?
(a) A guard dog threatens him.
(b) He's spotted by three guards.
(c) The Countess slaps him.
(d) He's struck by the Count's dagger.
6. As Fezzik and Inigo descend the stairwell of the Zoo's third level, what captures their free hands and their necks?
(a) Madagascar lemurs' tails.
(b) Squirrel monkeys' teeth.
(c) Indian elephants' trunks.
(d) African Garstini snakes' coils.
7. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
(a) Piercing scream.
(b) Lunar eclipse.
(c) Sharp gunshot.
(d) Deafening groan.
8. What does Fezzik do when he can't find the Spaniard?
(a) Looks for Vizzini's boat.
(b) Hides in a small cave.
(c) Looks for the Man in Black.
(d) Hides in an abandoned cottage.
9. What happens to Westley when the miracle pill stops working?
(a) He forgets where he is.
(b) He completely regains his strength.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He falls dead, but then opens his eyes.
10. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
(a) It attacks the body and the mind.
(b) The Count runs the machine while Westley is sleeping.
(c) Westley is too frightened of it.
(d) The Count has taken away the coca leaves.
11. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
(c) The albino.
12. What does Buttercup realize when she talks to the Prince the night before their wedding?
(a) The Prince has been torturing Westley for weeks.
(b) He never sent four ships to look for Westley.
(c) The Count plans to kill her.
(d) She's falling in love with the Prince.
13. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
(a) High advenchoor.
(b) Troo luv.
14. Although Buttercup believes Westley is safe on his ship, in reality he is being what?
(a) Tortured by the Count and the Prince.
(b) Sold into slavery.
(c) Forced to fight the Zoo beasts.
(d) Fed lies about Buttercup and the Prince.
15. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
(a) A sharp rock.
(b) Hidden scissors.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count says that it has taken how much time away from his life?
2. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
3. Why does Max place the end of a bellows into Westley's mouth?
4. What does Fezzik inform Inigo about the six-fingered man?
5. When the Prince goes to the garden to plan a counterattack right after his wedding to Buttercup, who escorts her to the bedchamber?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)