|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their quest to enter the castle, Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik work together, combining their what?
(a) Magic tricks and potions.
(b) Strength, intellect, and dexterity.
(c) Good luck, blind faith, and thieving ways.
(d) Gold coins and stolen maps.
2. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
(a) Because Buttercup is in Florin.
(b) Because the Prince surely must be torturing him.
(c) Inigo can see the man's ship in the harbor.
(d) Destiny is reuniting all of them.
3. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
(a) They encounter the machine.
(b) Tigers try to attack, but can't get through the bars.
(c) The door closes behind them and candles go out.
(d) The albino warns them to leave now.
4. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
(a) A gift from Florin.
(b) A written apology from the Prince.
(c) An order to return to the castle.
(d) A letter from Buttercup.
5. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count says that it has taken how much time away from his life?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
6. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Keep his balance.
(b) Draw his sword.
(c) Try to calm his racing heart.
(d) Feel the wall in the darkness.
7. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(b) The Prince has drugged her.
(c) She knows Westley will save her.
(d) She has developed an escape plan.
8. What paralyzes Fezzik with fear in the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) King bats.
(b) Poison dart frogs.
(c) Asian cobras.
(d) Deathstalker scorpions.
9. Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill when all of them are where?
(a) Thieves' quarters.
(b) Humperdinck's room.
(c) Buttercup's room.
(d) Castle wall.
10. When Westley tries to find out where he is, the albino does what?
(a) Slaps him.
(d) Tells him.
11. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
(b) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
(c) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
(d) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
12. What does Fezzik inform Inigo about the six-fingered man?
(a) He's in love with Buttercup.
(b) He's in Florin.
(c) He's in Guilder.
(d) He's torturing Westley.
13. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Large secret kitchen.
(b) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(c) Giant underground cave.
(d) Prison cell inside the castle.
14. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
(a) To cause the Prince great suffering.
(b) He's in dire need of money.
(c) To bring happiness to Buttercup.
(d) Out of a sense of curiosity.
15. How does Inigo react when he finds the Man in Black dead?
(a) Wallows in despair before formulating a plan.
(b) Starts tearing the zoo down.
(c) Attacks the albino and his assistants.
(d) Tries to revive him using the machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Count become unnerved while fighting against Inigo?
2. When Inigo and Fezzik take the Man in Black to Miracle Max, Inigo tries to make up a story. Max says what?
3. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
4. Goldman's father always concluded with the words "And they lived happily ever after" at what point in the story?
5. When Buttercup apologizes to Westley for getting married, what does he reply?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)