|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Inigo fight off the menaces of the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) Stomping with his boots.
(b) Standing perfectly still to appear invisible.
(c) With his sword.
(d) Hypnotizing with tiny bells that he wears around his neck.
2. As Fezzik and Inigo descend the stairwell of the Zoo's third level, what captures their free hands and their necks?
(a) Squirrel monkeys' teeth.
(b) Madagascar lemurs' tails.
(c) African Garstini snakes' coils.
(d) Indian elephants' trunks.
3. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
(a) The albino warns them to leave now.
(b) Tigers try to attack, but can't get through the bars.
(c) They encounter the machine.
(d) The door closes behind them and candles go out.
4. Why is Westley unable to protect himself against the Count's torture machine?
(a) It attacks the body and the mind.
(b) The Count runs the machine while Westley is sleeping.
(c) Westley is too frightened of it.
(d) The Count has taken away the coca leaves.
5. After Buttercup insults the Prince, what does he do?
(a) Pushes her down the stairs.
(b) Locks her in her room.
(c) Laughs at her.
(d) Insults her back.
6. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
(a) He encourages Westley to tell the Prince what he wants to know.
(b) He tells Westley to chew on coca leaves to suppress the pain.
(c) He laughs at Westley's stupidity.
(d) He yells at Westley for mistreating the Prince.
7. Who enters the chamber once Buttercup finishes tying up Humperdinck?
(a) A guard.
(b) The King.
8. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
(a) He runs into Humperdinck.
(b) He becomes lost.
(c) He finds Buttercup.
(d) Guards capture him.
9. Max covers the miracle pill with what?
(a) Chocolate coating.
(b) Cherry syrup.
(c) Candy shell.
(d) Coconut sprinkles.
10. When the Prince goes to the garden to plan a counterattack right after his wedding to Buttercup, who escorts her to the bedchamber?
(b) The King and Queen.
(c) The Count and Countess.
11. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
(a) Composes a poem about the Man in Black.
(b) Looks for Buttercup.
(c) Looks for Inigo.
(d) Composes a poem about Vizzini.
12. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
13. What does Fezzik do when he can't find the Spaniard?
(a) Hides in an abandoned cottage.
(b) Hides in a small cave.
(c) Looks for the Man in Black.
(d) Looks for Vizzini's boat.
14. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
(b) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
(c) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
(d) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
15. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
(a) Breaks down the door.
(b) Blocks off the Count's escape route.
(c) Encourages Inigo with rhymes.
(d) Finds another passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
2. Why does the Count become unnerved while fighting against Inigo?
3. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
4. What does Fezzik inform Inigo about the six-fingered man?
5. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)