|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
(a) Destiny is reuniting all of them.
(b) Because Buttercup is in Florin.
(c) Inigo can see the man's ship in the harbor.
(d) Because the Prince surely must be torturing him.
2. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(b) An imbecile.
(d) A coward.
3. Although Buttercup believes Westley is safe on his ship, in reality he is being what?
(a) Forced to fight the Zoo beasts.
(b) Sold into slavery.
(c) Tortured by the Count and the Prince.
(d) Fed lies about Buttercup and the Prince.
4. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Giant underground cave.
(b) Prison cell inside the castle.
(c) Large secret kitchen.
(d) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
5. Who taunts Fezzik after he is separated from Inigo and finds Vizzini dead?
(a) The Count.
(b) Town girls.
(c) Village boys.
(d) The Man in Black.
6. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
(a) Encourages Inigo with rhymes.
(b) Finds another passage.
(c) Breaks down the door.
(d) Blocks off the Count's escape route.
7. Why does Max place the end of a bellows into Westley's mouth?
(a) To resuscitate the lungs.
(b) To look like he's doing something useful.
(c) To get the truth out.
(d) To clear out any negative energy.
8. What is Inigo's initial reaction when the Count turns and runs away from him?
(a) He laughs and calls the Count a coward.
(b) He is stunned and can't move for a moment.
(c) He is angry that the Count won't face him.
(d) He begs Westley to help with the chase.
9. When the Prince offers to send his four fastest ships in search of Westley's ship, what does he say each ship will carry?
(a) A letter from Buttercup.
(b) An order to return to the castle.
(c) A written apology from the Prince.
(d) A gift from Florin.
10. When Max asks a mostly dead Westley what he has to live for, what response does he hear?
(a) High advenchoor.
(d) Troo luv.
11. Goldman's father always concluded with the words "And they lived happily ever after" at what point in the story?
(a) Right after Buttercup and Westley safely reach the Revenge.
(b) Right after Buttercup's and Westley's pledge.
(c) After Buttercup and Westley bid their new friends farewell.
(d) After the birth of Buttercup's and Westley's child.
12. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Picks up his sword.
(c) Calls the King.
(d) Drops his sword.
13. How does a drunk and feisty Inigo recognize Fezzik?
(a) By his size.
(b) Through his laughter.
(c) By his secret code phrase.
(d) Through his rhymes.
14. When Westley, Buttercup, and Inigo look out the castle window, they see Fezzik with what?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) Four horses.
(c) A holocaust cloak.
(d) Four swords.
15. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
(a) Deafening groan.
(b) Lunar eclipse.
(c) Sharp gunshot.
(d) Piercing scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Westley tells the Prince that they will fight to the pain, he explains that he will cut off many of Humperdinck's body parts, but leave his what?
2. Goldman claims that when he did the abridgment, he discovered what?
3. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
4. How does the albino tend to Westley?
5. Why is the Count upset after Westley dies?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)