|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Count upset after Westley dies?
(a) Westley had promised the Count a small fortune in exchange for freedom.
(b) The Count can no longer conduct pain experiments on him.
(c) The Count had grown to like Westley.
(d) The Prince had not asked the Count for permission to use the machine.
2. What two items does Westley request when he, Inigo, and Fezzik are trying to enter the castle?
(a) A wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak.
(b) A torch and a multicolor coat.
(c) A sword and a shield.
(d) A mirror and a box of matches.
3. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
(a) Hidden scissors.
(b) His sword.
(c) His teeth.
(d) A sharp rock.
4. Goldman's father always concluded with the words "And they lived happily ever after" at what point in the story?
(a) After Buttercup and Westley bid their new friends farewell.
(b) Right after Buttercup and Westley safely reach the Revenge.
(c) After the birth of Buttercup's and Westley's child.
(d) Right after Buttercup's and Westley's pledge.
5. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(b) A coward.
(d) An imbecile.
6. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) She has developed an escape plan.
(b) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(c) The Prince has drugged her.
(d) She knows Westley will save her.
7. As Fezzik and Inigo descend the stairwell of the Zoo's third level, what captures their free hands and their necks?
(a) Madagascar lemurs' tails.
(b) Squirrel monkeys' teeth.
(c) African Garstini snakes' coils.
(d) Indian elephants' trunks.
8. Who enters the chamber once Buttercup finishes tying up Humperdinck?
(b) A guard.
(c) The King.
9. After Westley explains to Humperdinck what fighting to the pain means, what does the Prince do?
(a) Drops his sword.
(b) Picks up his sword.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Calls the King.
10. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
(a) The albino.
11. How is it that Westley feels no pain when the Prince tortures him?
(a) Westley has taken iocane powder to dull the pain.
(b) The coca leaves that the albino gave him are working.
(c) The Prince greatly underestimates Westley's tolerance for pain.
(d) Westley takes his mind away to thoughts of Buttercup.
12. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) People screaming.
(b) Animals bellowing.
(c) The Prince singing.
(d) The Count laughing.
13. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
(a) He yells at Westley for mistreating the Prince.
(b) He laughs at Westley's stupidity.
(c) He tells Westley to chew on coca leaves to suppress the pain.
(d) He encourages Westley to tell the Prince what he wants to know.
14. When Westley, Buttercup, and Inigo look out the castle window, they see Fezzik with what?
(a) A holocaust cloak.
(b) Four swords.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) Four horses.
15. What happens as soon as the miracle pill passes down Westley's throat?
(a) The three men are discovered.
(b) He begins talking.
(c) He begins convulsing.
(d) Absolutely nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Fezzik and Inigo enter the Zoo's third level?
2. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
3. How does a drunk and feisty Inigo recognize Fezzik?
4. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
5. When Westley tries to find out where he is, the albino does what?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)