|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Inigo recognize the tortured scream as coming from the Man in Black?
(a) Inigo remembers the Man in Black's voice.
(b) Inigo's father screamed like that when the six-fingered man killed him.
(c) Inigo's heart made the same sound when his father was killed.
(d) Only someone tortured by the machine would make that sound.
2. When the Prince goes to the garden to plan a counterattack right after his wedding to Buttercup, who escorts her to the bedchamber?
(b) The Count and Countess.
(d) The King and Queen.
3. After the Count knocks the Man in Black unconscious, where does Westley wake up?
(a) Prison cell inside the castle.
(b) Salt mine twelve miles from the castle.
(c) Giant underground cave.
(d) Large secret kitchen.
4. Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo break into the castle just moments after what happens?
(a) Humperdinck marries Buttercup.
(b) Guilder attacks.
(c) The King dies.
(d) Rugen discovers Westley is missing.
5. After Buttercup insults the Prince, what does he do?
(a) Locks her in her room.
(b) Pushes her down the stairs.
(c) Insults her back.
(d) Laughs at her.
6. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
(a) An imbecile.
(b) A coward.
7. Who enters the chamber once Buttercup finishes tying up Humperdinck?
(b) A guard.
(c) The King.
8. After using the torture machine on Westley for the first time, the Count says that it has taken how much time away from his life?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
9. When Westley awakens and finds himself chained, what does he hear?
(a) Animals bellowing.
(b) The Count laughing.
(c) People screaming.
(d) The Prince singing.
10. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
(a) Funeral of the King.
(b) Cleaning of the Castle Walls.
(c) Emptying of theThieves Quarter.
(d) Festival of Florin.
11. When Inigo regains consciousness and finds himself tied to a tree, he frees himself by using what?
(a) His sword.
(b) Hidden scissors.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) His teeth.
12. With Inigo in pursuit of the Count, who has escaped through a door the Spaniard can't open, how does Fezzik assist?
(a) Breaks down the door.
(b) Encourages Inigo with rhymes.
(c) Finds another passage.
(d) Blocks off the Count's escape route.
13. What paralyzes Fezzik with fear in the Zoo's fourth level?
(a) Deathstalker scorpions.
(b) Asian cobras.
(c) King bats.
(d) Poison dart frogs.
14. When Buttercup has a nightmare about her own birth, what does the midwife say in her dream?
(a) The baby is heartless.
(b) Buttercup killed Westley.
(c) The baby is dead.
(d) Buttercup is evil.
15. Goldman's father always concluded with the words "And they lived happily ever after" at what point in the story?
(a) After Buttercup and Westley bid their new friends farewell.
(b) Right after Buttercup's and Westley's pledge.
(c) After the birth of Buttercup's and Westley's child.
(d) Right after Buttercup and Westley safely reach the Revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
2. What two items does Westley request when he, Inigo, and Fezzik are trying to enter the castle?
3. Although Buttercup believes Westley is safe on his ship, in reality he is being what?
4. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
5. What hidden danger awaits intruders at the Zoo by the ornate green-handled door?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)