|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fezzik and Inigo reach the Zoo's fifth level, what meets them initially?
(a) A black bear.
(b) A brightly lit room that appears empty.
(c) A bejeweled wall with hidden messages.
(d) A swarm of mosquitoes.
2. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
(a) Piercing scream.
(b) Lunar eclipse.
(c) Sharp gunshot.
(d) Deafening groan.
3. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
(a) He becomes lost.
(b) He runs into Humperdinck.
(c) He finds Buttercup.
(d) Guards capture him.
4. Why do Buttercup and Westley pledge to outlive one another?
(a) They're just teasing each other.
(b) Florin wedding vows always include this pledge.
(c) So they are never separated again.
(d) So one can always protect the other.
5. How does Inigo react when he finds the Man in Black dead?
(a) Wallows in despair before formulating a plan.
(b) Tries to revive him using the machine.
(c) Starts tearing the zoo down.
(d) Attacks the albino and his assistants.
6. Alone and defeated, where does Inigo go after he recalls the advice of Vizzini?
(a) Florin Castle.
(b) Zoo of Death.
(c) Miracle Max's house.
(d) Thieves Quarter.
7. Why is Buttercup extremely calm right before her wedding?
(a) The Prince has drugged her.
(b) She knows Westley will save her.
(c) She doesn't realize the wedding is coming right up.
(d) She has developed an escape plan.
8. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
(a) Looks for Buttercup.
(b) Composes a poem about Vizzini.
(c) Looks for Inigo.
(d) Composes a poem about the Man in Black.
9. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
(a) Giant spiderwebs are everywhere.
(b) He may find the Count here.
(c) They run into the albino.
(d) Fezzik is frightened.
10. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
(a) The woman collapses to the ground.
(b) Buttercup wakes up.
(c) Buttercup screams at the woman.
(d) Guards seize the woman.
11. At the Zoo, how do Fezzik and Inigo get past the green-handled door?
(a) Inigo presses a button with his sword.
(b) Fezzik smashes it down.
(c) It opens mysteriously by itself.
(d) They find a secret key.
12. When Inigo finally sees the Count face to face, what does he say?
(a) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
(b) "You are not worthy to live. Today you shall die at the hands of Inigo Montoya."
(c) "I have been looking for you since the day you killed my father. Prepare to die by the sword of Inigo Montoya."
(d) "Hello. You do not remember me. I am the son of Domingo Montoya. Prepare to die."
13. In their quest to enter the castle, Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik work together, combining their what?
(a) Gold coins and stolen maps.
(b) Magic tricks and potions.
(c) Strength, intellect, and dexterity.
(d) Good luck, blind faith, and thieving ways.
14. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
(a) Keep his balance.
(b) Feel the wall in the darkness.
(c) Try to calm his racing heart.
(d) Draw his sword.
15. When Buttercup apologizes to Westley for getting married, what does he reply?
(a) She is a foolish woman.
(b) She is not married.
(c) She can get a divorce.
(d) The Prince is trying to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two items does Westley request when he, Inigo, and Fezzik are trying to enter the castle?
2. What does Fezzik inform Inigo about the six-fingered man?
3. Who demands the gate key from Yellin as the three comrades try to enter the castle?
4. When Westley and Buttercup reunite in the castle, how much longer does the miracle pill have before it loses effect?
5. Goldman's father always concluded with the words "And they lived happily ever after" at what point in the story?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)