|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) The ship is painted a different color.
(b) A new crew is brought aboard.
(c) The ship is renamed.
(d) The existing crew is brainwashed.
2. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
(a) Reptiles of uncommon strength.
(b) Reptiles of unthinkable swiftness.
(c) Rodents of unquestionable savageness.
(d) Rodents of unusual size.
3. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
(a) What his wife is doing back home.
(b) Whether or not the man has a gun.
(c) Where he might be able to get a drink of water.
(d) How sad it will be to have to kill him.
4. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
(a) A possession.
(b) The love of his life.
(c) The most intelligent woman in the world.
(d) An enigma.
5. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
6. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
(a) Is rescued by Humperdinck.
(b) Swims back to the top.
(c) Pulls herself out using a vine.
(d) Is rescued by Westley.
7. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She's too stuck up.
(d) They think she's ugly.
8. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
9. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(b) Unties the rope.
(c) Fires off a flare.
(d) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
10. What childhood ideals did the author see slipping away from his life?
(a) Chivalry and treating others as yourself.
(b) Family life and loyalty.
(c) High adventure and true love.
(d) Honesty and integrity.
11. When Humperdinck demands that Buttercup marry him, he tells her that he doesn't want her love and will give her what?
(a) All the food she could ever want.
(b) Complete privacy.
(c) None in return.
(d) Any horse she wants.
12. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The book's author.
(b) The son of the book's author.
(c) The father of the book's author.
(d) The book's fictitious author.
13. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Ruler of Florin.
(b) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(c) Ruler of Guilder.
(d) Exiled prince of Florin.
14. When Buttercup takes Horse out for a ride and ponders her impending marriage, she is approached by whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) A man who looks like the farm boy.
(c) The Count.
(d) Three strangers.
15. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Learns to cook and clean.
(b) Writes a book about the pirate.
(c) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
(d) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Inigo when the Sicilian finds him?
2. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
3. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
4. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
5. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)