|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Cliffs of Insanity, who climbs the sheer cliff walls towards Buttercup and her abductors?
(a) Prince Humperdinck.
(b) Man in Black.
(c) The Albino.
(d) Inigo Montoya.
2. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Buttercup is missing.
(b) They have no drinking water left.
(c) Someone's following them.
(d) The Count had given different orders.
3. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
(a) Made up most of it.
(b) Kept only the action parts.
(c) Recited it by memory.
(d) The delivery was overly theatrical.
4. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
(b) Close friend of the farm boy.
(c) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(d) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
5. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
(d) A hundred.
6. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Neither one is fond of seafood.
(b) Both are in love with Buttercup.
(c) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
(d) Neither one is left-handed.
7. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
8. As a child, the author was what?
(a) A loner who did not excel in sports.
(b) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
(c) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
(d) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
9. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
10. What happens to Fezzik in the middle of Greenland?
(a) The circus fires him.
(b) He is attacked by a band of thieves.
(c) His best friend abandons him.
(d) His girlfriend dumps him.
11. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
(a) The Prince is not yet ready to rule the land.
(b) The Prince will miss the King greatly.
(c) The Prince must now marry, but he doesn't want to.
(d) The King's funeral will get in the way of the Prince's hunting expedition.
12. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(a) Wear dresses.
(b) Talk to people.
(c) Bathe or comb her hair.
13. When Buttercup pushes the Man in Black down a ravine and says he can die for all she cares, he says what?
(a) Is that the best you can do?
(b) As you wish.
(c) You will pay for this.
(d) What have you done?
14. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To overthrow the Prince.
(b) To kill her.
(c) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
(d) A surprise birthday party for her.
15. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Ruler of Guilder.
(b) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(c) Ruler of Florin.
(d) Exiled prince of Florin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
2. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
3. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
4. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
5. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)