|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Reciting songs and poems.
(b) Sharing family secrets.
(c) Reading him a story.
(d) Inventing action stories.
2. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
(a) He is more confident than the Prince.
(b) He has six fingers.
(c) He is in love with Buttercup.
(d) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
3. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
(a) To use as a public torture chamber for the prince's betrayers.
(b) To house animals for Humperdinck's eating pleasure.
(c) To house animals for Humperdinck's hunting pleasure.
(d) To use as a secret prison for enemy spies.
4. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Unties the rope.
(b) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
(c) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(d) Fires off a flare.
5. How old is Inigo when the six-fingered man kills his father?
6. How old is Inigo when the Sicilian finds him?
7. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
(a) She's already married.
(b) She has no interest in marriage.
(c) She cannot love another.
(d) She can't marry someone so pompous.
8. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
9. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
10. Who is Jason?
(a) Author's pen name.
(b) Author's father.
(c) Author's uncle.
(d) Author's son.
11. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
(a) Throne of Delusions.
(b) Chamber of Darkness.
(c) Cave of Despair.
(d) Zoo of Death.
12. Who entertained the author when he was a child recovering at home?
13. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) They think she's ugly.
(c) She smells bad.
(d) She's too stuck up.
14. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
(b) Near drowning.
(d) Bike accident.
15. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's much taller than him.
(b) She's bald.
(c) She's twice his age.
(d) She's a vegetarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
2. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
3. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
4. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
5. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)