|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) The Countess insulted her parents.
(b) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
(c) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(d) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
2. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(b) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(c) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
(d) Close friend of the farm boy.
3. How old is Inigo when the six-fingered man kills his father?
4. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(b) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
(c) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
(d) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
5. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(b) By speaking in another language.
(c) By distracting him.
(d) By poisoning the cheese.
6. Whenever Buttercup commands the farm boy, he always answers what?
(a) Of course.
(b) No problem.
(c) Yes, ma'am.
(d) As you wish.
7. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(b) Fires off a flare.
(c) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
(d) Unties the rope.
8. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
(a) The Prince will miss the King greatly.
(b) The Prince must now marry, but he doesn't want to.
(c) The Prince is not yet ready to rule the land.
(d) The King's funeral will get in the way of the Prince's hunting expedition.
9. Who is Jason?
(a) Author's father.
(b) Author's son.
(c) Author's uncle.
(d) Author's pen name.
10. How does young Buttercup like spending most of her time?
(a) Swimming in the river.
(b) Sewing with her mother.
(c) Farming with her father.
(d) Riding her horse.
11. Why does the Queen speak for the King?
(a) The people love and respect her more.
(b) She has never allowed him to speak his mind.
(c) He lost his tongue in battle.
(d) He mumbles and only she can understand him sometimes.
12. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three years.
(d) One week.
13. Who or what is Prince Humperdinck's one true love?
(d) The Countess.
14. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
(b) Both are in love with Buttercup.
(c) Neither one is left-handed.
(d) Neither one is fond of seafood.
15. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(d) Tormenting others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
2. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
3. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
4. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
5. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)