|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Humperdinck demands that Buttercup marry him, he tells her that he doesn't want her love and will give her what?
(a) Complete privacy.
(b) Any horse she wants.
(c) All the food she could ever want.
(d) None in return.
2. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
(a) How sad it will be to have to kill him.
(b) Where he might be able to get a drink of water.
(c) Whether or not the man has a gun.
(d) What his wife is doing back home.
3. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Exiled prince of Florin.
(b) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(c) Ruler of Guilder.
(d) Ruler of Florin.
4. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To overthrow the Prince.
(c) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
(d) A surprise birthday party for her.
5. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
(b) Writes a book about the pirate.
(c) Learns to cook and clean.
(d) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
6. How old is Inigo when the Sicilian finds him?
7. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
8. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Interrupts the narrative.
(b) Complains about the weather.
(c) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
(d) Writes about his favorite meals.
9. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
10. Whenever Buttercup commands the farm boy, he always answers what?
(a) As you wish.
(b) Of course.
(c) No problem.
(d) Yes, ma'am.
11. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The son of the book's author.
(b) The father of the book's author.
(c) The book's fictitious author.
(d) The book's author.
12. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
13. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
(b) The Countess insulted her parents.
(c) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(d) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
14. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Iocane powder.
(b) Sugarcane powder.
(c) Iodine drops.
(d) Novocaine drops.
15. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) By hiding in a lifeboat.
(b) By singing a song about Florin.
(c) By speaking of Buttercup's beauty.
(d) By pretending to be someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
2. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
3. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
4. Who or what is Prince Humperdinck's one true love?
5. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)