|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Reciting songs and poems.
(b) Sharing family secrets.
(c) Reading him a story.
(d) Inventing action stories.
2. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) A new crew is brought aboard.
(b) The existing crew is brainwashed.
(c) The ship is painted a different color.
(d) The ship is renamed.
3. How old is Inigo when the Sicilian finds him?
4. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By distracting him.
(b) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(c) By poisoning the cheese.
(d) By speaking in another language.
5. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
(a) To use as a public torture chamber for the prince's betrayers.
(b) To use as a secret prison for enemy spies.
(c) To house animals for Humperdinck's hunting pleasure.
(d) To house animals for Humperdinck's eating pleasure.
6. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's bald.
(b) She's much taller than him.
(c) She's twice his age.
(d) She's a vegetarian.
7. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To kill her.
(b) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
(c) A surprise birthday party for her.
(d) To overthrow the Prince.
8. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) By speaking of Buttercup's beauty.
(b) By pretending to be someone else.
(c) By hiding in a lifeboat.
(d) By singing a song about Florin.
9. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
10. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) A plague.
(c) Bird flu.
(d) A rock slide.
11. Inigo's father is a master craftsman who makes what?
12. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
(a) Fifth grade.
(c) Third grade.
13. When Buttercup pushes the Man in Black down a ravine and says he can die for all she cares, he says what?
(a) You will pay for this.
(b) What have you done?
(c) As you wish.
(d) Is that the best you can do?
14. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(b) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
(c) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(d) Close friend of the farm boy.
15. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three years.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
2. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
3. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
4. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
5. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)