|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Westley's pirate ship?
(c) Black Pearl.
(d) Red Dread.
2. Inigo's father is a master craftsman who makes what?
3. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
(a) It crashes into the rocks and is destroyed.
(b) It's captured by pirates.
(c) It drifts away.
(d) It sinks.
4. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
(a) Whether or not the man has a gun.
(b) What his wife is doing back home.
(c) Where he might be able to get a drink of water.
(d) How sad it will be to have to kill him.
5. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) She's too stuck up.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) They are jealous of her.
(d) They think she's ugly.
6. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
(a) To use as a public torture chamber for the prince's betrayers.
(b) To house animals for Humperdinck's eating pleasure.
(c) To use as a secret prison for enemy spies.
(d) To house animals for Humperdinck's hunting pleasure.
7. What childhood ideals did the author see slipping away from his life?
(a) Honesty and integrity.
(b) Chivalry and treating others as yourself.
(c) Family life and loyalty.
(d) High adventure and true love.
8. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(b) Ruler of Guilder.
(c) Exiled prince of Florin.
(d) Ruler of Florin.
9. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
(a) Reptiles of unthinkable swiftness.
(b) Rodents of unquestionable savageness.
(c) Reptiles of uncommon strength.
(d) Rodents of unusual size.
10. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
11. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
(a) She has no interest in marriage.
(b) She's already married.
(c) She cannot love another.
(d) She can't marry someone so pompous.
12. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(b) By distracting him.
(c) By speaking in another language.
(d) By poisoning the cheese.
13. What happens to Westley's ship off the coast of America?
(a) It's attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts.
(b) It disappears in a hurricane.
(c) It's stopped by the Coast Guard and sent back.
(d) It hits a rocky protrusion and sinks.
14. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
15. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Close friend of the farm boy.
(b) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(c) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
(d) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
2. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
3. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
4. The Prince announces that his wedding to Buttercup will take place on what occasion?
5. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)