|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
(a) She will start taking better care of her hygiene.
(b) She will wait for him and never love another.
(c) She will find the Countess and kill her.
(d) She will never speak to him again.
2. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
3. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
(a) Pulls herself out using a vine.
(b) Swims back to the top.
(c) Is rescued by Humperdinck.
(d) Is rescued by Westley.
4. When Buttercup takes Horse out for a ride and ponders her impending marriage, she is approached by whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) A man who looks like the farm boy.
(c) The Count.
(d) Three strangers.
5. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
6. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To kill her.
(b) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
(c) To overthrow the Prince.
(d) A surprise birthday party for her.
7. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
(c) New Mexico.
8. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
9. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
(a) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(b) By taking him by the throat.
(c) By moving so quickly that the giant tires and falls asleep.
(d) By poisoning him.
10. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Reciting songs and poems.
(b) Inventing action stories.
(c) Reading him a story.
(d) Sharing family secrets.
11. What childhood ideals did the author see slipping away from his life?
(a) High adventure and true love.
(b) Family life and loyalty.
(c) Chivalry and treating others as yourself.
(d) Honesty and integrity.
12. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Novocaine drops.
(b) Iodine drops.
(c) Sugarcane powder.
(d) Iocane powder.
13. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Interrupts the narrative.
(b) Complains about the weather.
(c) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
(d) Writes about his favorite meals.
14. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
(b) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
(c) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(d) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
15. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
(b) Unties the rope.
(c) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(d) Fires off a flare.
Short Answer Questions
1. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
2. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
3. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
4. Who is Count Rugen?
5. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)