|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
(a) She is worried she might have insulted the Count.
(b) She wonders why women follow the farm boy around.
(c) She doesn't want her parents to be arrested.
(d) She doesn't want her horse to be taken away.
2. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
(a) Chamber of Darkness.
(b) Throne of Delusions.
(c) Zoo of Death.
(d) Cave of Despair.
3. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The father of the book's author.
(b) The book's author.
(c) The book's fictitious author.
(d) The son of the book's author.
4. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(d) Let's the other guy win.
5. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
6. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Unties the rope.
(b) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(c) Fires off a flare.
(d) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
7. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
(a) The Prince must now marry, but he doesn't want to.
(b) The Prince will miss the King greatly.
(c) The King's funeral will get in the way of the Prince's hunting expedition.
(d) The Prince is not yet ready to rule the land.
8. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
9. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
10. When Humperdinck demands that Buttercup marry him, he tells her that he doesn't want her love and will give her what?
(a) Complete privacy.
(b) All the food she could ever want.
(c) None in return.
(d) Any horse she wants.
11. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
(a) It drifts away.
(b) It's captured by pirates.
(c) It crashes into the rocks and is destroyed.
(d) It sinks.
12. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
(a) Where he might be able to get a drink of water.
(b) How sad it will be to have to kill him.
(c) What his wife is doing back home.
(d) Whether or not the man has a gun.
13. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
14. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
(b) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(c) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
(d) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
15. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
(b) Older sister.
(d) Mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
2. Who is Jason?
3. Who is Count Rugen?
4. Whenever Buttercup commands the farm boy, he always answers what?
5. The Prince announces that his wedding to Buttercup will take place on what occasion?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)