|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(b) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(c) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
(d) Close friend of the farm boy.
2. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
(b) Writes a book about the pirate.
(c) Learns to cook and clean.
(d) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
3. As a child, the author was what?
(a) A loner who did not excel in sports.
(b) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
(c) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
(d) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
4. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) A plague.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Bird flu.
(d) A rock slide.
5. When Buttercup takes Horse out for a ride and ponders her impending marriage, she is approached by whom?
(a) Three strangers.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The Count.
(d) A man who looks like the farm boy.
6. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
(a) She cannot love another.
(b) She has no interest in marriage.
(c) She's already married.
(d) She can't marry someone so pompous.
7. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) By speaking of Buttercup's beauty.
(b) By hiding in a lifeboat.
(c) By pretending to be someone else.
(d) By singing a song about Florin.
8. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(a) Talk to people.
(b) Bathe or comb her hair.
(c) Wear dresses.
9. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) A ravine that has no outlet.
(b) A place that is so easily accessible.
(c) Such a hurry.
(d) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
10. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
(b) The Count and the Countess.
(c) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
(d) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
11. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
(a) She is worried she might have insulted the Count.
(b) She doesn't want her parents to be arrested.
(c) She doesn't want her horse to be taken away.
(d) She wonders why women follow the farm boy around.
12. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) The existing crew is brainwashed.
(b) A new crew is brought aboard.
(c) The ship is painted a different color.
(d) The ship is renamed.
13. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
(a) New Mexico.
14. Who or what is Prince Humperdinck's one true love?
(a) The Countess.
15. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
(a) The Prince will miss the King greatly.
(b) The Prince must now marry, but he doesn't want to.
(c) The King's funeral will get in the way of the Prince's hunting expedition.
(d) The Prince is not yet ready to rule the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
2. What is the name of Westley's pirate ship?
3. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
4. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
5. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)