|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
(a) It's captured by pirates.
(b) It crashes into the rocks and is destroyed.
(c) It drifts away.
(d) It sinks.
2. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
(c) New Mexico.
3. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The son of the book's author.
(b) The father of the book's author.
(c) The book's author.
(d) The book's fictitious author.
4. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(d) Let's the other guy win.
5. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
(a) Third grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
6. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(c) Tormenting others.
7. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) A rock slide.
(b) A plague.
(c) Bird flu.
(d) Food poisoning.
8. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
(a) Too difficult.
(b) Too boring.
(c) No interest.
(d) No time.
9. Inigo's father is a master craftsman who makes what?
10. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
(b) The Countess insulted her parents.
(c) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(d) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
11. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
(b) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(c) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
(d) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
12. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
13. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
(a) She wonders why women follow the farm boy around.
(b) She doesn't want her parents to be arrested.
(c) She doesn't want her horse to be taken away.
(d) She is worried she might have insulted the Count.
14. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Buttercup is missing.
(b) Someone's following them.
(c) They have no drinking water left.
(d) The Count had given different orders.
15. Who entertained the author when he was a child recovering at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
2. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
3. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
4. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
5. At the Cliffs of Insanity, who climbs the sheer cliff walls towards Buttercup and her abductors?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)