|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
2. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
3. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Sharing family secrets.
(b) Inventing action stories.
(c) Reading him a story.
(d) Reciting songs and poems.
4. When Buttercup pushes the Man in Black down a ravine and says he can die for all she cares, he says what?
(a) What have you done?
(b) Is that the best you can do?
(c) You will pay for this.
(d) As you wish.
5. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
(a) Throne of Delusions.
(b) Cave of Despair.
(c) Chamber of Darkness.
(d) Zoo of Death.
6. At the Cliffs of Insanity, who climbs the sheer cliff walls towards Buttercup and her abductors?
(a) Prince Humperdinck.
(b) Man in Black.
(c) Inigo Montoya.
(d) The Albino.
7. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
8. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Interrupts the narrative.
(b) Writes about his favorite meals.
(c) Complains about the weather.
(d) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
9. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(b) Wear dresses.
(c) Talk to people.
(d) Bathe or comb her hair.
10. When Fezzik's parents grow tired of other children beating up their son, what do they do?
(a) Teach him to fight.
(b) Move into a cave.
(c) Teach him to rhyme.
(d) Talk to his teacher.
11. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(a) Tormenting others.
12. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By distracting him.
(b) By speaking in another language.
(c) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(d) By poisoning the cheese.
13. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
(a) The most intelligent woman in the world.
(b) The love of his life.
(c) A possession.
(d) An enigma.
14. Inigo's father is a master craftsman who makes what?
15. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
(a) By taking him by the throat.
(b) By moving so quickly that the giant tires and falls asleep.
(c) By poisoning him.
(d) By coming up with a better rhyme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
2. The Prince announces that his wedding to Buttercup will take place on what occasion?
3. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
4. Who is Jason?
5. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)