|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Sugarcane powder.
(b) Novocaine drops.
(c) Iodine drops.
(d) Iocane powder.
2. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
(b) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
(c) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
(d) The Count and the Countess.
3. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
4. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
(a) Pulls herself out using a vine.
(b) Swims back to the top.
(c) Is rescued by Westley.
(d) Is rescued by Humperdinck.
5. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
(a) She doesn't want her parents to be arrested.
(b) She wonders why women follow the farm boy around.
(c) She doesn't want her horse to be taken away.
(d) She is worried she might have insulted the Count.
6. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Neither one is left-handed.
(b) Both are in love with Buttercup.
(c) Neither one is fond of seafood.
(d) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
7. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
(a) The Swede.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) The Turk.
(d) The pirate.
8. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
9. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
10. What happens to Fezzik in the middle of Greenland?
(a) He is attacked by a band of thieves.
(b) His girlfriend dumps him.
(c) His best friend abandons him.
(d) The circus fires him.
11. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
(a) He is more confident than the Prince.
(b) He has six fingers.
(c) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(d) He is in love with Buttercup.
12. When Fezzik's parents grow tired of other children beating up their son, what do they do?
(a) Teach him to fight.
(b) Talk to his teacher.
(c) Teach him to rhyme.
(d) Move into a cave.
13. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Close friend of the farm boy.
(b) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(c) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(d) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
14. As a child, the author was what?
(a) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
(b) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
(c) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
(d) A loner who did not excel in sports.
15. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
(c) Mother and father.
(d) Older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Humperdinck demands that Buttercup marry him, he tells her that he doesn't want her love and will give her what?
2. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
3. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
4. How long does it take Inigo's father to create the special item requested by the six-fingered man?
5. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)