|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(b) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
(c) The Countess insulted her parents.
(d) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
2. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Close friend of the farm boy.
(b) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(c) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(d) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
3. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
(a) She will never speak to him again.
(b) She will find the Countess and kill her.
(c) She will wait for him and never love another.
(d) She will start taking better care of her hygiene.
4. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's twice his age.
(b) She's much taller than him.
(c) She's bald.
(d) She's a vegetarian.
5. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
6. How does young Buttercup like spending most of her time?
(a) Riding her horse.
(b) Farming with her father.
(c) Sewing with her mother.
(d) Swimming in the river.
7. As a child, the author was what?
(a) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
(b) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
(c) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
(d) A loner who did not excel in sports.
8. Who or what is Prince Humperdinck's one true love?
(d) The Countess.
9. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
(b) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
(c) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
(d) The Count and the Countess.
10. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
11. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Neither one is fond of seafood.
(b) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
(c) Both are in love with Buttercup.
(d) Neither one is left-handed.
12. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) A rock slide.
(b) Bird flu.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) A plague.
13. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(d) Tormenting others.
14. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) A ravine that has no outlet.
(b) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
(c) A place that is so easily accessible.
(d) Such a hurry.
15. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
(a) Is rescued by Westley.
(b) Swims back to the top.
(c) Pulls herself out using a vine.
(d) Is rescued by Humperdinck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
2. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
3. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
4. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
5. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)