|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
(a) Reptiles of uncommon strength.
(b) Rodents of unquestionable savageness.
(c) Rodents of unusual size.
(d) Reptiles of unthinkable swiftness.
2. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
(a) A hundred.
3. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) Such a hurry.
(b) A place that is so easily accessible.
(c) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
(d) A ravine that has no outlet.
4. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
5. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) A rock slide.
(b) Bird flu.
(c) A plague.
(d) Food poisoning.
6. When Buttercup takes Horse out for a ride and ponders her impending marriage, she is approached by whom?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Three strangers.
(c) A man who looks like the farm boy.
(d) The Count.
7. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
(a) One week.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
8. Who is Jason?
(a) Author's father.
(b) Author's uncle.
(c) Author's pen name.
(d) Author's son.
9. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
(a) Cave of Despair.
(b) Throne of Delusions.
(c) Zoo of Death.
(d) Chamber of Darkness.
10. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
11. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Close friend of the farm boy.
(b) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
(c) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(d) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
12. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Someone's following them.
(b) The Count had given different orders.
(c) Buttercup is missing.
(d) They have no drinking water left.
13. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
(a) The Swede.
(b) The Spaniard.
(c) The Turk.
(d) The pirate.
14. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
(a) She can't marry someone so pompous.
(b) She has no interest in marriage.
(c) She cannot love another.
(d) She's already married.
15. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
(b) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(c) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
(d) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
2. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
3. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
4. Why does the Queen speak for the King?
5. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)