|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
2. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
(a) Mother and father.
(d) Older sister.
3. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
4. What happens to Fezzik in the middle of Greenland?
(a) His girlfriend dumps him.
(b) His best friend abandons him.
(c) He is attacked by a band of thieves.
(d) The circus fires him.
5. Whenever Buttercup commands the farm boy, he always answers what?
(a) Yes, ma'am.
(b) Of course.
(c) As you wish.
(d) No problem.
6. At the Cliffs of Insanity, who climbs the sheer cliff walls towards Buttercup and her abductors?
(a) Prince Humperdinck.
(b) Man in Black.
(c) The Albino.
(d) Inigo Montoya.
7. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
8. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Both are in love with Buttercup.
(b) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
(c) Neither one is fond of seafood.
(d) Neither one is left-handed.
9. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
10. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) Writes a book about the pirate.
(b) Learns to cook and clean.
(c) Writes poetry about love and beauty.
(d) Learns to fence, hand fight, and sail.
11. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
12. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's twice his age.
(b) She's bald.
(c) She's much taller than him.
(d) She's a vegetarian.
13. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
14. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) They think she's ugly.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She's too stuck up.
(d) They are jealous of her.
15. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) The most intelligent woman in the world.
(c) A possession.
(d) An enigma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
2. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
3. The Prince announces that his wedding to Buttercup will take place on what occasion?
4. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
5. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)