|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
(a) To kill her.
(b) A surprise birthday party for her.
(c) To overthrow the Prince.
(d) A lavish wedding celebration for her and the Prince.
2. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) She's too stuck up.
(b) They think she's ugly.
(c) She smells bad.
(d) They are jealous of her.
3. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
(a) She is worried she might have insulted the Count.
(b) She doesn't want her horse to be taken away.
(c) She doesn't want her parents to be arrested.
(d) She wonders why women follow the farm boy around.
4. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
5. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Ruler of Florin.
(b) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(c) Exiled prince of Florin.
(d) Ruler of Guilder.
6. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
(a) He's been retired for fifteen years.
(b) He has three wives and twelve children.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He died in a hurricane.
7. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
8. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Buttercup is missing.
(b) They have no drinking water left.
(c) Someone's following them.
(d) The Count had given different orders.
9. What happens to Westley's ship off the coast of America?
(a) It hits a rocky protrusion and sinks.
(b) It disappears in a hurricane.
(c) It's attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts.
(d) It's stopped by the Coast Guard and sent back.
10. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
(a) He is more confident than the Prince.
(b) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(c) He is in love with Buttercup.
(d) He has six fingers.
11. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
(a) By choking him.
(b) By stabbing him.
(c) By throwing a rock at his head.
(d) By throwing him down the cliffs.
12. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
(a) The Prince will miss the King greatly.
(b) The Prince must now marry, but he doesn't want to.
(c) The King's funeral will get in the way of the Prince's hunting expedition.
(d) The Prince is not yet ready to rule the land.
13. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Iodine drops.
(b) Iocane powder.
(c) Sugarcane powder.
(d) Novocaine drops.
14. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Inventing action stories.
(b) Sharing family secrets.
(c) Reading him a story.
(d) Reciting songs and poems.
15. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Unties the rope.
(b) Fires off a flare.
(c) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(d) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
2. Who entertained the author when he was a child recovering at home?
3. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
4. When Buttercup pushes the Man in Black down a ravine and says he can die for all she cares, he says what?
5. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)