|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Count Rugen?
(a) Rich man who spies on Humperdinck.
(b) Rich man who spies on the farm boy.
(c) Close friend of the farm boy.
(d) Close friend of Prince Humperdinck.
2. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
(b) Near drowning.
(c) Bike accident.
3. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) The ship is renamed.
(b) The existing crew is brainwashed.
(c) The ship is painted a different color.
(d) A new crew is brought aboard.
4. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) A place that is so easily accessible.
(b) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
(c) A ravine that has no outlet.
(d) Such a hurry.
5. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
6. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
7. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(a) Talk to people.
(b) Bathe or comb her hair.
(d) Wear dresses.
8. When Fezzik's parents grow tired of other children beating up their son, what do they do?
(a) Move into a cave.
(b) Teach him to fight.
(c) Talk to his teacher.
(d) Teach him to rhyme.
9. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The book's fictitious author.
(b) The father of the book's author.
(c) The son of the book's author.
(d) The book's author.
10. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
11. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Interrupts the narrative.
(b) Writes about his favorite meals.
(c) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
(d) Complains about the weather.
12. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
13. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
14. When Buttercup jumps overboard into Florin Channel, someone tells her that she should beware of what?
(a) Ravenous piranhas.
(b) Merciless pirates.
(c) Bloodthirsty sharks.
(d) Prince Humperdinck.
15. How long does it take Inigo's father to create the special item requested by the six-fingered man?
(a) Six years.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
2. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
3. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
4. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
5. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)