|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Iodine drops.
(b) Novocaine drops.
(c) Sugarcane powder.
(d) Iocane powder.
2. Whenever Buttercup commands the farm boy, he always answers what?
(a) Yes, ma'am.
(b) Of course.
(c) No problem.
(d) As you wish.
3. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
(a) She's already married.
(b) She can't marry someone so pompous.
(c) She has no interest in marriage.
(d) She cannot love another.
4. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
5. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) She's too stuck up.
(b) They think she's ugly.
(c) She smells bad.
(d) They are jealous of her.
6. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
7. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
(a) He is more confident than the Prince.
(b) He is in love with Buttercup.
(c) He has six fingers.
(d) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
8. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
(b) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
(c) The Count and the Countess.
(d) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
9. How old is Inigo when the Sicilian finds him?
10. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
11. After being attacked by several R.O.U.S., Westley is left with a wound where?
12. Discouraged because he can't find his father's murderer, Inigo starts to do what?
(a) Train to become a spy.
(b) Become a menace to the villagers.
(c) Pray at every church he sees.
(d) Drink wine in excess.
13. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
(a) Kept only the action parts.
(b) Made up most of it.
(c) The delivery was overly theatrical.
(d) Recited it by memory.
14. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(b) Tormenting others.
15. What is the name of Inigo Montoya's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
2. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
3. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
4. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
5. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)