|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's a vegetarian.
(b) She's bald.
(c) She's much taller than him.
(d) She's twice his age.
2. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
3. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
(b) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(c) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
(d) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
4. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Iodine drops.
(b) Sugarcane powder.
(c) Novocaine drops.
(d) Iocane powder.
5. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
(a) Is rescued by Westley.
(b) Swims back to the top.
(c) Is rescued by Humperdinck.
(d) Pulls herself out using a vine.
6. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Exiled prince of Florin.
(b) Ruler of Guilder.
(c) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(d) Ruler of Florin.
7. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
8. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(c) Let's the other guy win.
9. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Sharing family secrets.
(b) Reciting songs and poems.
(c) Inventing action stories.
(d) Reading him a story.
10. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
(a) It crashes into the rocks and is destroyed.
(b) It drifts away.
(c) It sinks.
(d) It's captured by pirates.
11. How many years does Inigo spend learning how to fence?
12. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Complains about the weather.
(b) Writes about his favorite meals.
(c) Interrupts the narrative.
(d) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
13. When the Prince and the Count reach the place where Buttercup and the Man in Black have fallen down the ravine, Humperdinck notes how odd it is for such a master to flee in what?
(a) Such a hurry.
(b) A place that is so easily accessible.
(c) A ravine that has no outlet.
(d) A ravine that leads to the Fire Swamp.
14. How old is Inigo when the six-fingered man kills his father?
15. When Buttercup jumps overboard into Florin Channel, someone tells her that she should beware of what?
(a) Ravenous piranhas.
(b) Bloodthirsty sharks.
(c) Prince Humperdinck.
(d) Merciless pirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Queen speak for the King?
2. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
3. How does young Buttercup like spending most of her time?
4. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
5. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)