|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jason?
(a) Author's son.
(b) Author's father.
(c) Author's uncle.
(d) Author's pen name.
2. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) The Count and the Countess.
(b) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
(c) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
(d) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
3. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(b) Fires off a flare.
(c) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
(d) Unties the rope.
4. The Prince tells the Count to place the Man in Black where?
(a) Chamber of Darkness.
(b) Throne of Delusions.
(c) Zoo of Death.
(d) Cave of Despair.
5. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) They think she's ugly.
(d) She's too stuck up.
6. Why is Prince Humperdinck upset when he learns that King Lotharon is dying?
(a) The Prince is not yet ready to rule the land.
(b) The King's funeral will get in the way of the Prince's hunting expedition.
(c) The Prince will miss the King greatly.
(d) The Prince must now marry, but he doesn't want to.
7. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
8. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
(a) By moving so quickly that the giant tires and falls asleep.
(b) By poisoning him.
(c) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(d) By taking him by the throat.
9. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her horse.
(d) The stable.
10. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) By singing a song about Florin.
(b) By speaking of Buttercup's beauty.
(c) By pretending to be someone else.
(d) By hiding in a lifeboat.
11. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
(a) By throwing him down the cliffs.
(b) By stabbing him.
(c) By choking him.
(d) By throwing a rock at his head.
12. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
13. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) A plague.
(b) Bird flu.
(c) A rock slide.
(d) Food poisoning.
14. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
15. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
(a) He is more confident than the Prince.
(b) He has six fingers.
(c) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(d) He is in love with Buttercup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
2. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
3. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
4. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
5. When Buttercup falls into Snow Sand, she what?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)