Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) A new crew is brought aboard.
(b) The ship is renamed.
(c) The existing crew is brainwashed.
(d) The ship is painted a different color.
2. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
3. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
4. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Bird flu.
(c) A rock slide.
(d) A plague.
5. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
6. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
7. As the Spaniard waits for the mystery man to reach the top of the Cliffs of Insanity, what does he ponder?
(a) Whether or not the man has a gun.
(b) How sad it will be to have to kill him.
(c) Where he might be able to get a drink of water.
(d) What his wife is doing back home.
8. Who is Jason?
(a) Author's uncle.
(b) Author's pen name.
(c) Author's son.
(d) Author's father.
9. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(a) Let's the other guy win.
10. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
(b) Neither one is fond of seafood.
(c) Both are in love with Buttercup.
(d) Neither one is left-handed.
11. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By distracting him.
(b) By poisoning the cheese.
(c) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(d) By speaking in another language.
12. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
(a) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(b) By taking him by the throat.
(c) By poisoning him.
(d) By moving so quickly that the giant tires and falls asleep.
13. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
(a) The Countess insulted her parents.
(b) She doesn't like the way the Countess laughs at her.
(c) The Countess wants to take her horse.
(d) She doesn't like the way the Countess looks at Westley.
14. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
(d) A hundred.
15. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
2. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
3. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
4. Who or what is Prince Humperdinck's one true love?
5. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)