|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Humperdinck reaches the Cliffs of Insanity and studies the climbing marks on the side of the cliff, what does he order his Armada to do?
2. What childhood ideals did the author see slipping away from his life?
(a) Honesty and integrity.
(b) Family life and loyalty.
(c) Chivalry and treating others as yourself.
(d) High adventure and true love.
3. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Reciting songs and poems.
(b) Reading him a story.
(c) Sharing family secrets.
(d) Inventing action stories.
4. Discouraged because he can't find his father's murderer, Inigo starts to do what?
(a) Pray at every church he sees.
(b) Drink wine in excess.
(c) Become a menace to the villagers.
(d) Train to become a spy.
5. As the kidnappers start climbing the Cliffs of Insanity, what happens to the boat?
(a) It's captured by pirates.
(b) It crashes into the rocks and is destroyed.
(c) It sinks.
(d) It drifts away.
6. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
7. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
(d) Let's the other guy win.
8. Although the six-fingered man had promised to pay Inigo's father five hundred gold pieces for the custom-made item, in the end he's willing to pay no more than:
(d) A hundred.
9. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(b) Tormenting others.
10. When Buttercup takes Horse out for a ride and ponders her impending marriage, she is approached by whom?
(a) Three strangers.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The Count.
(d) A man who looks like the farm boy.
11. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Neither one is fond of seafood.
(b) Both are in love with Buttercup.
(c) Neither one is left-handed.
(d) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
12. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
(a) No interest.
(b) Too boring.
(c) No time.
(d) Too difficult.
13. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Ruler of Florin.
(b) Exiled prince of Florin.
(c) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(d) Ruler of Guilder.
14. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
(b) Mother and father.
(d) Older sister.
15. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) She's too stuck up.
(b) They think she's ugly.
(c) They are jealous of her.
(d) She smells bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
2. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
3. The initials R.O.U.S. stand for what?
4. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
5. What does Westley do during the year he spends with the Dread Pirate Roberts?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)