|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Man in Black challenges Vizzini to a battle of what?
2. How does Vizzini try to outsmart the Man in Black?
(a) By speaking in another language.
(b) By coming up with a better rhyme.
(c) By poisoning the cheese.
(d) By distracting him.
3. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Reciting songs and poems.
(b) Sharing family secrets.
(c) Inventing action stories.
(d) Reading him a story.
4. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
(a) By throwing a rock at his head.
(b) By throwing him down the cliffs.
(c) By choking him.
(d) By stabbing him.
5. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
(a) A rock slide.
(b) A plague.
(c) Bird flu.
(d) Food poisoning.
6. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
(a) The stable.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her horse.
7. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
(a) They think she's ugly.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She's too stuck up.
(d) They are jealous of her.
8. How long does it take Inigo's father to create the special item requested by the six-fingered man?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
9. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
(a) To house animals for Humperdinck's eating pleasure.
(b) To use as a public torture chamber for the prince's betrayers.
(c) To house animals for Humperdinck's hunting pleasure.
(d) To use as a secret prison for enemy spies.
10. What does the Sicilian do when he reaches the top of the Cliffs of Insanity?
(a) Utters a prayer of thanks.
(b) Pushes the Swede over the edge.
(c) Fires off a flare.
(d) Unties the rope.
11. Inigo grows up in Central Spain raised by his:
(a) Mother and father.
(c) Older sister.
12. How old is Inigo when the six-fingered man kills his father?
13. During their sword duel, what do Inigo and the Man in Black discover about each other?
(a) Both are looking for the six-fingered man.
(b) Neither one is fond of seafood.
(c) Neither one is left-handed.
(d) Both are in love with Buttercup.
14. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
(b) Interrupts the narrative.
(c) Complains about the weather.
(d) Writes about his favorite meals.
15. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Someone's following them.
(b) They have no drinking water left.
(c) Buttercup is missing.
(d) The Count had given different orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
2. What childhood ideals did the author see slipping away from his life?
3. How old is Fezzik when he has his first professional fight?
4. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
5. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)