|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
2. How does Westley stay alive after his ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts?
(a) By singing a song about Florin.
(b) By speaking of Buttercup's beauty.
(c) By hiding in a lifeboat.
(d) By pretending to be someone else.
3. Fezzik is the size of a typical man by the time he is in:
(a) Third grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
4. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
(b) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(c) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
(d) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
5. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Interrupts the narrative.
(b) Writes about his favorite meals.
(c) Complains about the weather.
(d) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
6. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
(a) A new crew is brought aboard.
(b) The existing crew is brainwashed.
(c) The ship is painted a different color.
(d) The ship is renamed.
7. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
(a) Bike accident.
(d) Near drowning.
8. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The father of the book's author.
(b) The book's fictitious author.
(c) The book's author.
(d) The son of the book's author.
9. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(a) Wear dresses.
(c) Talk to people.
(d) Bathe or comb her hair.
10. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Ruler of Guilder.
(b) Ruler of Florin.
(c) Exiled prince of Florin.
(d) Exiled prince of Guilder.
11. As a child, the author was what?
(a) A loner who did not excel in sports.
(b) An active, social child involved in theater and sports.
(c) A bubbly child who played the banjo.
(d) A painfully shy child who loved math and science.
12. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
(a) Her parents.
(c) The stable.
(d) Her horse.
13. For years, the author heard The Princess Bride being told in the voice of his what?
14. When Buttercup jumps overboard into Florin Channel, someone tells her that she should beware of what?
(a) Prince Humperdinck.
(b) Ravenous piranhas.
(c) Merciless pirates.
(d) Bloodthirsty sharks.
15. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
(a) Novocaine drops.
(b) Sugarcane powder.
(c) Iodine drops.
(d) Iocane powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fezzik fights professionally, he usually is what?
2. Who fishes Buttercup out of Florin Channel?
3. What does the Man in Black notice about the Count?
4. How does the Man in Black win the fight against Fezzik?
5. Who entertained the author when he was a child recovering at home?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)