|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
(a) Writes about his favorite meals.
(b) Complains about the weather.
(c) Interrupts the narrative.
(d) Includes an ode to Buttercup.
2. After the author recovered from his childhood episode, what did he crave?
3. When Buttercup pushes the Man in Black down a ravine and says he can die for all she cares, he says what?
(a) What have you done?
(b) You will pay for this.
(c) As you wish.
(d) Is that the best you can do?
4. What does Fezzik enjoy doing?
(b) Tormenting others.
5. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
(a) To house animals for Humperdinck's eating pleasure.
(b) To use as a secret prison for enemy spies.
(c) To use as a public torture chamber for the prince's betrayers.
(d) To house animals for Humperdinck's hunting pleasure.
6. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
(a) Near drowning.
(b) Bike accident.
7. When Roberts takes Westley aside to explain that he is not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, what does he say about the original Roberts?
(a) He's been retired for fifteen years.
(b) He died in a hurricane.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He has three wives and twelve children.
8. When Buttercup awakens in the bottom of a boat, who is there with her?
(a) A Sicilian, a Spaniard, and a giant.
(b) A Spaniard, a dwarf, and a Swede.
(c) The Count and the Countess.
(d) The Dread Pirate Roberts.
9. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
(b) New Mexico.
10. How old is Inigo when the six-fingered man kills his father?
11. At the Cliffs of Insanity, who climbs the sheer cliff walls towards Buttercup and her abductors?
(a) Man in Black.
(b) Inigo Montoya.
(c) Prince Humperdinck.
(d) The Albino.
12. Who is William Goldman?
(a) The son of the book's author.
(b) The book's author.
(c) The father of the book's author.
(d) The book's fictitious author.
13. How did the author's relative entertain him during his recovery period?
(a) Inventing action stories.
(b) Reading him a story.
(c) Reciting songs and poems.
(d) Sharing family secrets.
14. What did the author realize about the manner in which his relative shared the story with him?
(a) The delivery was overly theatrical.
(b) Made up most of it.
(c) Kept only the action parts.
(d) Recited it by memory.
15. What happens to Westley's ship off the coast of America?
(a) It's attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts.
(b) It hits a rocky protrusion and sinks.
(c) It's stopped by the Coast Guard and sent back.
(d) It disappears in a hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Sicilian want Fezzik to finish off the Man in Black?
2. How long do Humperdinck and Buttercup court?
3. When Buttercup jumps overboard into Florin Channel, someone tells her that she should beware of what?
4. What does the Man in Black pour into two wine goblets?
5. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)