Short Essay Questions
1. Does the author's account of his father reading "The Princess Bride" seem credible to him?
2. What does the author say is the outcome of his father reading "The Princess Bride" to him?
3. How does Goldman try to connect with his son, Jason, through "The Princess Bride"?
4. Why does Goldman decide to abridge "The Princess Bride"?
5. How does Buttercup regard her own appearance?
6. Whenever the farm boy says "As you wish", what does he really mean?
7. Why does Buttercup grow jealous over the way the Countess stared at Westley?
8. Why does Westley decide to leave Buttercup and sail to America?
9. Describe Prince Humperdinck's personality and physical attributes.
10. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
11. During a fancy dinner, why does the Prince storm out in a huff shouting that he will not marry Princess Noreena, a dinner guest?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)