|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, The Groom; Chapter Three, The Courtship; Chapter Four, The Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(b) Bathe or comb her hair.
(c) Wear dresses.
(d) Talk to people.
2. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
(a) Too boring.
(b) No interest.
(c) Too difficult.
(d) No time.
3. As Westley prepares to leave for America, what does Buttercup promise?
(a) She will start taking better care of her hygiene.
(b) She will never speak to him again.
(c) She will wait for him and never love another.
(d) She will find the Countess and kill her.
4. Why does Humperdinck refuse to marry Princess Noreena?
(a) She's much taller than him.
(b) She's bald.
(c) She's twice his age.
(d) She's a vegetarian.
5. What is the purpose of the Zoo of Death?
(a) To house animals for Humperdinck's hunting pleasure.
(b) To use as a public torture chamber for the prince's betrayers.
(c) To use as a secret prison for enemy spies.
(d) To house animals for Humperdinck's eating pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
2. Who is Jason?
3. When Humperdinck demands that Buttercup marry him, he tells her that he doesn't want her love and will give her what?
4. What happens to Westley's ship off the coast of America?
5. Why are other girls NOT talking to Buttercup when she turns sixteen?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)