|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, The Groom; Chapter Three, The Courtship; Chapter Four, The Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Prince Humperdinck?
(a) Ruler of Florin.
(b) Ruler of Guilder.
(c) Exiled prince of Guilder.
(d) Exiled prince of Florin.
2. What is Buttercup to Prince Humperdinck?
(a) A possession.
(b) The love of his life.
(c) The most intelligent woman in the world.
(d) An enigma.
3. Why does Buttercup toss and turn all night following the visit from the Count and Countess?
(a) She doesn't want her horse to be taken away.
(b) She wonders why women follow the farm boy around.
(c) She is worried she might have insulted the Count.
(d) She doesn't want her parents to be arrested.
4. What does Buttercup say when Prince Humperdinck demands that she marry him?
(a) She has no interest in marriage.
(b) She's already married.
(c) She cannot love another.
(d) She can't marry someone so pompous.
5. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Count and Countess stop at Buttercup's house, the Count wants to see Buttercup, and the Countess wants to see who?
2. Why does Buttercup grow upset with the Countess?
3. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
4. When the author was a child in 1941, what happened to him?
5. As a child, the author was what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)