|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, The Announcement - Inigo: Pages 107-138.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Buttercup takes Horse out for a ride and ponders her impending marriage, she is approached by whom?
(a) Three strangers.
(b) A man who looks like the farm boy.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The Count.
2. Discouraged because he can't find his father's murderer, Inigo starts to do what?
(a) Become a menace to the villagers.
(b) Train to become a spy.
(c) Drink wine in excess.
(d) Pray at every church he sees.
3. When the boat reaches the Cliffs of Insanity, what does the Spaniard note?
(a) Buttercup is missing.
(b) They have no drinking water left.
(c) Someone's following them.
(d) The Count had given different orders.
4. Buttercup doesn't care about her image and doesn't like to what?
(a) Bathe or comb her hair.
(b) Wear dresses.
(d) Talk to people.
5. Why is Westley leaving for America?
(a) He is tired of being abused and wishes to start over in America.
(b) Buttercup has broken his heart.
(c) He was invited to travel to America with the Countess.
(d) He wants to seek his fortune to build a life for himself and Buttercup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inigo Montoya comes from what village?
2. While the author's family was in New York, where was he?
3. What does the author do in Chapter Four?
4. Why did the author's son not finish reading The Princess Bride?
5. Although Buttercup doesn't know it, three people in the crowd that greets her in Florin City are planning what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)