Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Explain why the actual author, William Goldman, creates a fictitious author, S. Morgenstern, for "The Princess Bride", trying to pass him off as the real author.
1. How does this narrative device present opportunities for Goldman to take creative liberties with the story?
2. What tools and techniques does the author use to make his premise of another author believable?
2. Compare and contrast William Goldman's relationship with his son, Jason, and with his father.
1. Which man appears to have a closer relationship with his son? Why?
This section contains 923 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)