|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miri tell everyone in quarry speech?
(a) To put up no resistance until she comes up with a plan.
(b) To run.
(c) To sabotage the food supply.
(d) To pretend to be sick.
2. What does Miri confide to Britta about what the Prince says?
(a) He says he liked Miri the best.
(b) He says he is going to need to spend time with each girl.
(c) Miri says the prince said nothing to any of the girls.
(d) He is not able to choose at this time.
3. What pact do the girls make?
(a) They will be happy for whomever the prince chooses.
(b) They will always be there for the new queen.
(c) The chosen one will help to improve their village's life.
(d) They will remain friends after this when they return to the village.
4. With whom does Olana stay?
(a) Frid's family.
(b) Miri's family.
(c) Peder's family.
(d) Gerti's family.
5. What does Frid say to the bandits?
(a) The prince said he was most interested in Katar.
(b) The prince chose her but she was vowed to secrecy.
(c) The prince said no one was acceptable.
(d) The prince chose Miri.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Britta think the prince will choose?
2. What does Miri realize at daybreak?
3. What does Miri begin to relate?
4. What does Miri receive for her fifteenth birthday?
5. What does the prince say when Miri asks him about his demeanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the chief delegate tell the girls and what is Miri's response?
2. How do Peder and Miri have a falling out?
3. What does Miri realize about her family?
4. How does the idea of schooling expand?
5. How do Peder and Miri interact at the ball?
6. Why does Dan threaten to kill Miri?
7. How do the girls and the school prepare for a ball, and how do the girls treat Miri?
8. How many hostages do the bandits have and how many bandits do the villagers have, and what does Os suggest?
9. What is the bandit leader's plans after the storm abates?
10. What happens whenever the traders come and what does Miri receive from Pa for her birthday?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)