|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Britta as they wait for the prince?
(b) She leaves the assembly.
(c) She breaks down and starts crying.
(d) She faints.
2. What does Dan say he wants for his trouble?
(a) Assurance the villagers will not come after them.
(c) Twenty gold pieces.
(d) A prize.
3. With what does Dan threaten Miri if another incident occurs?
(a) Being used by the bandits as a slave.
(b) Being left out in the cold.
(d) He will kill a different girl each time there is an incident.
4. What does Miri realize about her family?
(a) They want to go to the lowlands.
(b) They do not care about a house in the lowlands.
(c) They are excited about her becoming a princess.
(d) They are happy for whatever she wants.
5. What do the girls realize?
(a) The prince will return eventually and rescue them.
(b) The bandits are murderers also.
(c) The bandits will leave if they get the jewels in the cellar.
(d) No one will be coming to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Britta think the prince will choose?
2. What does Os suggest?
3. With whom does Olana stay?
4. Who helps Peder pressure Dan?
5. How many girls do the bandits have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens whenever the traders come and what does Miri receive from Pa for her birthday?
2. What does Marda reveal to Miri and what is Miri's thoughts about the matter?
3. What do the bandits want after taking over the school and how do the girls respond?
4. What do the girls discuss at the opening to Chapter 19?
5. How does Miri get help for the girls?
6. Why does Dan threaten to kill Miri?
7. What do Miri and Esa think about concerning the prince?
8. Why can the academy not continue for the winter?
9. What does Miri realize about her family?
10. How many hostages do the bandits have and how many bandits do the villagers have, and what does Os suggest?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)