|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has started blooming?
(a) The mountain laurel.
(b) The cherry trees.
(c) Britta's garden.
(d) The wild flowers.
2. How do Britta and Miri help Marda?
(a) By encouraging her to find a beau.
(b) By putting a "bug" in the ear of the man who obviously likes her.
(c) By cooking and cleaning.
(d) In her studies.
3. How is the prince when the girls are introduced?
4. What does Miri worry about after telling the true story of her mother?
(a) Being a burden on the village.
(b) Miri will die young like her mother.
(c) Miri will be rejected by the girls.
(d) Miri will not be as good as her mother.
5. What does the delegate tell the girls?
(a) The prince is ill.
(b) The queen is going to visit.
(c) The prince must return to Asland.
(d) The king is going to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miri realize will happen if they leave the academy?
2. Who is holding Britta?
3. Towards what is Dan inching?
4. What does Miri decide to let go?
5. Why do the bandits hit Miri?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the chief delegate tell the girls and what is Miri's response?
2. Why are the girls trapped in the school with the bandits and what do the girls realize?
3. How do the girls and the school prepare for a ball, and how do the girls treat Miri?
4. What does Miri share concerning her mother and what do Britta, Esa and Frid say to her about her concerns?
5. How do Peder and Miri interact at the ball?
6. How does Miri and Peder's relationship seem at the end of the story?
7. How do Peder and Miri have a falling out?
8. How does the idea of schooling expand?
9. What does Marda reveal to Miri and what is Miri's thoughts about the matter?
10. How many hostages do the bandits have and how many bandits do the villagers have, and what does Os suggest?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)