|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miri attempt to read one day?
(a) A letter her mother wrote.
(b) The History of the Highlands.
(c) The History of Danland.
(d) A story about the prince's birth.
2. What does Miri realize after sharing a memory with Peder?
(a) She loves Peder.
(b) Linder makes quarry-speech work.
(c) She wants to become a quarry worker.
(d) She does not want to go back to the academy.
3. What does Miri realize about quarry-speech?
(a) It uses mental images to convey messages.
(b) It is not real.
(c) It works mind to mind.
(d) It uses memories to carry messages.
4. Who does Miri overhear speaking about her in the evening?
(a) Katar and Britta.
(b) Bena, Katar and Britta.
(c) Britta and Liana.
(d) Bena, Liana and Katar.
5. What do Miri and Marda decide not to do?
(a) Go to the academy.
(b) Work the mines.
(c) Go with Pa to the festival.
(d) Trade with Enrik again.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Marda too old?
2. When will the prince choose his bride?
3. What does Peder say about the prince and Miri?
4. In what does Miri take comfort?
5. Who does Olana decide will be allowed to go back to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Miri tries to be a trader?
2. What did Pa want to name Miri and why didn't he do so?
3. What happens to Marda and how does this lead to Miri learning about why she is not allowed in the mines?
4. What does Pa try to do about Miri and the academy and what is the outcome?
5. What are the results of the next test and of what does Bena accuse the fourteen-year-olds?
6. What does Miri hear some other girls discussing about her, and what does Miri think?
7. What does Miri explain to Britta about spring holiday and what do they talk about concerning quarry speech?
8. Where does Miri want to go and what does her pa say about it?
9. How does Miri get all the girls to leave for spring holiday and how does that change the girls' attitude towards Miri?
10. How does Miri discover that Britta cannot hear quarry speech?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)