|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Steffan?
(a) The Prince.
(b) One of the village boys.
(c) Britta's father.
(d) The linder mine supervisor.
2. What scares Miri as she wakes?
(a) Her father yelling at someone.
(b) The chickens squawking at a fox.
(c) Her sister screaming.
3. How long has Miri been friends with Peder Doterson?
(a) A year.
(b) A few days.
(c) Since childhood.
(d) Two or so years.
4. Why can't lowlanders hear quarry-speech?
(a) They do not have quarry dust in their blood.
(b) They can hear quarry-speech..
(c) They do not have enough shared memories.
(d) They do not have the genetic traits.
5. What does Miri say about Enrik?
(a) He is good looking.
(b) He is stingy.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is not helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Miri embarrassed at the celebration?
2. What does Miri doubt she could do when she is musing about the prince?
3. What does Britta believe about the prince?
4. What does Olana never let the girls forget?
5. What do Bena and Liana think of the village boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Miri and Britta share at the council meeting, and what is the result?
2. Why does Olana punish Miri?
3. What happens when Miri tries to be a trader?
4. Where does Miri want to go and what does her pa say about it?
5. What does Miri wonder about what Pa thinks about Marda not attending the academy?
6. Why is Miri sent to the closet and what is her experience there like?
7. Why did Miri feel isolated from other girls her age and how is being at the academy changing that?
8. What more does Miri learn about quarry-speech and Linder from Marda and her pa?
9. How does Miri decide to tell of her experience in the closet and how does that affect Gerti?
10. Describe Miri's conversation with Knut and how does that lead to Miri discovering the price of linder.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)