|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the academy?
(a) In the stone minister's house.
(b) Near the Dark Forest.
(c) On the top of Mount Eskel.
(d) In the lowlands.
2. Where is Enrik's home?
(a) A village on the ocean.
(b) Up in the mountains.
(c) In the Linder forest.
(d) The lowlands.
3. Who are the girls told not to bother at the academy?
(a) The stone cutters.
(c) No one.
(d) The priest.
4. What does Olana claim about the cottage in a picture she shows the girls?
(a) It is where Olana was born.
(b) The successful girl's family will receive the cottage.
(c) That the painting was done by the prince.
(d) It is where the last princess was born.
5. What impresses Olana about the girls?
(a) Their use of Diplomacy.
(b) The way the girls are so poised under pressure.
(c) Their manners.
(d) Their reading skills are so much better.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Miri decide to try out her quarry-speech?
2. What does Britta hope about the new princess?
3. What does Miri look forward to in the opening of Chapter 9?
4. What does Peder say Miri does not have to do while using quarry-speech?
5. Why do the girls blame Miri that they cannot go home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miri receive from Peder and what is her reaction?
2. What do Bena and Liana think of the village boys and of what do they accuse Miri?
3. How does Miri use Diplomacy when they return to the academy and what is Olana's response?
4. What is linder and why has Miri not been allowed in the linder mines?
5. Describe Miri's conversation with Knut and how does that lead to Miri discovering the price of linder.
6. What does Miri hear some other girls discussing about her, and what does Miri think?
7. What does Miri explain to Britta about spring holiday and what do they talk about concerning quarry speech?
8. How does Miri decide to tell of her experience in the closet and how does that affect Gerti?
9. What conversation does Miri remember between her and Peder about linder?
10. Where does Miri want to go and what does her pa say about it?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)