|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds Olanda about Miri?
(b) No one.
2. What does Miri say about Enrik?
(a) He is good looking.
(b) He is not helpful.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is stingy.
3. What makes the girls feel small and insignificant?
(a) Olanda's telling them about royalty.
(b) A group of nobles who come and tour the academy.
(d) Their newfound knowledge of Danland.
4. Why can't lowlanders hear quarry-speech?
(a) They do not have enough shared memories.
(b) They do not have the genetic traits.
(c) They can hear quarry-speech..
(d) They do not have quarry dust in their blood.
5. What word makes Miri exchange the book she is reading for another book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olana never let the girls forget?
2. What is Miri not wanting to do in order to get her family a house?
3. Why do the girls blame Miri that they cannot go home?
4. Why does Miri hide the book she is reading?
5. Why is Miri embarrassed at the celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miri use Diplomacy when they return to the academy and what is Olana's response?
2. How does Miri discover that Britta cannot hear quarry speech?
3. What happens when Miri tries to be a trader?
4. What does Miri wonder about what Pa thinks about Marda not attending the academy?
5. What startles Miri awake one morning and why is she unsettled?
6. Who is Britta?
7. What conversation does Miri remember between her and Peder about linder?
8. Where does Miri want to go and what does her pa say about it?
9. Describe the girls' first day at the academy.
10. What does Miri hear some other girls discussing about her, and what does Miri think?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)