|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls talk about one day after class concerning why they were at the academy?
(a) If the prince will actually return.
(b) If they really want to be a princess.
(c) If the prince will help their village.
(d) If the academy was some sort of ruse.
2. What does Olana blame on the girls?
(a) That the prince told Olana to work on their dance skills.
(b) The failure of the prince to choose.
(c) The departure of the prince.
(d) The way Olana was treated by the nobles accompanying the prince.
3. What does Dan say he wants for his trouble?
(b) Assurance the villagers will not come after them.
(c) A prize.
(d) Twenty gold pieces.
4. What does Miri begin to relate?
(a) A story about the ghosts around the area that punish wrongdoers.
(b) A story about a dead princess who kills bandits.
(c) Nothing; she is gagged.
(d) A story about bandits being chased out of Mount Eskel.
5. What do the bandits feed the girls?
(a) The regular fare as they do not want to harm a hostage and not get money.
(c) Bread and water.
6. What worries Esa concerning the prince?
(a) He will choose based on looks alone.
(b) He will dismiss choosing her because of her injured arm.
(c) He will not want any of the girls.
(d) He will know about her dubious family background.
7. How is the prince described?
(a) Tall with red hair.
(b) Short and slightly chubby.
(c) Short with blond hair.
(d) Tall with dark hair.
8. Who is the only person in the village outside of the academy who can read?
(a) No one.
9. Where do the girls continue to study?
(a) The inn.
(b) The chapel.
(c) They do not keep up the studying.
(d) The village dance hall.
10. What do the villagers do?
(a) Help can the food that is left.
(b) Help repair the academy.
(c) Help to hunt for more food.
(d) Eat a group meal and set off for home.
11. What does Olana allow the girls to do in the summer?
(a) Have class outside.
(b) Take flowers to the miners.
(c) Swim in the lake.
(d) Plant flowers.
12. What do the girls worry will keep the prince from returning?
(a) He does not find any of them attractive.
(b) He will find someone back home.
(c) His father will change his mind about choosing a princess from Mount Eskel.
13. What does the prince say when Miri asks him about his demeanor?
(a) He wants to fall in love with whomever will be his wife.
(b) He thinks the academy thing was a bad idea.
(c) He loves someone already.
(d) He is overwhelmed.
14. What do the bandits demand?
(a) All their money.
(c) That Olana give the prince a letter.
(d) That the girl chosen by the prince be handed over to them.
15. What does Miri remember is in her pocket?
(a) The linder hawk.
(b) A small knife for peeling fruit.
(c) A letter opener.
(d) A jagged piece of linder she had found.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Britta teach Miri?
2. What is the result of Miri helping Gerti?
3. What does Miri realize she wants to do for the village?
4. Where does Dan plan to go eventually?
5. Who helps Peder pressure Dan?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)