|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Miri's first opinion change?
(a) She thought him timid.
(b) She thought him rude.
(c) She thought him arrogant.
(d) She thought him inept on the dance floor.
2. What do the traders bring each time they come to the village?
(a) More and more refined goods.
(b) Bad manners.
3. How does Miri feel after dancing with the prince?
(d) Convinced she is not interested in him.
4. What does the priest announce after the ceremony?
(a) Mount Eskel has gained favor in the king's eyes.
(b) According to the gods, the marriage is perfect.
(c) The king wishes to meet all the girls from the academy.
(d) Mount Eskel is the sixteenth province of Danland.
5. Who pulls Miri from the cliff?
(c) She gets up herself.
6. Why are the girls sent to their bed chambers?
(a) There is a plague in the village nearby.
(b) There is a bad storm.
(c) They are supposed to decorate their bed chambers.
(d) The wagons with the prince arrive.
7. What pact do the girls make?
(a) They will be happy for whomever the prince chooses.
(b) The chosen one will help to improve their village's life.
(c) They will remain friends after this when they return to the village.
(d) They will always be there for the new queen.
8. What does Miri receive for her fifteenth birthday?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A tablet of paper.
(c) A small statue of her mother carved from Linder.
(d) One of her mother's dresses.
9. Why does Miri want to marry the prince?
(a) To help her village.
(b) He seemed lonely.
(c) He was quite handsome.
(d) For the status.
10. What do the bandits demand?
(a) All their money.
(b) That the girl chosen by the prince be handed over to them.
(c) That Olana give the prince a letter.
11. What does the prince say when Miri asks him about his demeanor?
(a) He thinks the academy thing was a bad idea.
(b) He loves someone already.
(c) He is overwhelmed.
(d) He wants to fall in love with whomever will be his wife.
12. What does Dan say he wants for his trouble?
(a) Twenty gold pieces.
(b) A prize.
(d) Assurance the villagers will not come after them.
13. About what does Britta teach Miri?
(a) Intricate dance steps.
14. What does Miri keep from the academy?
(a) Clay tablets.
(b) All the pictures.
(c) Her dress.
15. How is the prince described?
(a) Tall with red hair.
(b) Short with blond hair.
(c) Tall with dark hair.
(d) Short and slightly chubby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls do the bandits have?
2. What does Bena tell the bandits?
3. To whom does Olana give the painting of the cottage?
4. What does Britti say she does not know about the prince?
5. What does Olana allow the girls to do in the summer?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)