|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miri begin to relate?
(a) Nothing; she is gagged.
(b) A story about a dead princess who kills bandits.
(c) A story about bandits being chased out of Mount Eskel.
(d) A story about the ghosts around the area that punish wrongdoers.
2. What does Miri keep from the academy?
(b) Clay tablets.
(c) Her dress.
(d) All the pictures.
3. How does Miri help Gerti?
(a) Distracting Katar.
(b) Asking Olana a question that would give Gerti a hint.
(c) Winking at her to give her confidence.
(d) Using quarry-speech.
4. What has started blooming?
(a) The mountain laurel.
(b) The cherry trees.
(c) Britta's garden.
(d) The wild flowers.
5. What does Miri realize at daybreak?
(a) She does not want to leave her village.
(b) She is going to have to rescue herself.
(c) She loves Peder.
(d) She might die that day.
6. To what does Miri awaken?
(a) The sound of Olana screaming.
(b) The snores of the bandits.
(c) The sound of Peder calling to her in quarry-speech.
(d) The sound of Frid screaming.
7. What do Bena and Katar do during testing?
(a) Try to cheat off Miri's work.
(b) Try to distract Miri.
(d) Try to make Miri feel secure about the testing.
8. How is the prince described?
(a) Tall with red hair.
(b) Short and slightly chubby.
(c) Short with blond hair.
(d) Tall with dark hair.
9. With whom does Olana stay?
(a) Gerti's family.
(b) Peder's family.
(c) Frid's family.
(d) Miri's family.
10. What does Miri worry about after telling the true story of her mother?
(a) Miri will be rejected by the girls.
(b) Miri will not be as good as her mother.
(c) Being a burden on the village.
(d) Miri will die young like her mother.
11. What is the result of Miri helping Gerti?
(a) Everyone begins helping everyone else.
(b) Gerti is eliminated for cheating.
(c) Miri is eliminated for cheating.
(d) Katar tells on them.
12. How many bandits do the villagers have?
13. What does the delegate tell the girls?
(a) The prince must return to Asland.
(b) The prince is ill.
(c) The king is going to visit.
(d) The queen is going to visit.
14. What does Miri receive for her fifteenth birthday?
(a) A small statue of her mother carved from Linder.
(b) One of her mother's dresses.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A tablet of paper.
15. What does Onor stop Dan from doing?
(a) Killing Katar.
(b) Killing Miri.
(c) Killing Frid.
(d) Killing Liana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katar crying?
2. What do the girls say about the prince?
3. What does Miri ask Olana to do?
4. What do the villagers do?
5. What does Britti say she does not know about the prince?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)