|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Britti say she does not know about the prince?
(a) If he will recognize her as the servant to a noble family.
(b) If he loves her.
(c) If he would be a good husband.
(d) If he really approves of this academy.
2. What do the girls worry will keep the prince from returning?
(a) He will find someone back home.
(b) His father will change his mind about choosing a princess from Mount Eskel.
(d) He does not find any of them attractive.
3. What does Miri realize will happen if they leave the academy?
(a) It will be easier to rescue them.
(b) No one will return.
(c) No one will know where they are.
(d) They will freeze to death.
4. With whom does Olana stay?
(a) Peder's family.
(b) Gerti's family.
(c) Frid's family.
(d) Miri's family.
5. What does Miri realize about her family?
(a) They are excited about her becoming a princess.
(b) They do not care about a house in the lowlands.
(c) They are happy for whatever she wants.
(d) They want to go to the lowlands.
6. What is the result of Miri helping Gerti?
(a) Katar tells on them.
(b) Gerti is eliminated for cheating.
(c) Miri is eliminated for cheating.
(d) Everyone begins helping everyone else.
7. Who is released from the closet?
(a) Olana and Knut.
(c) One of the bandits.
(d) No one is in the closet.
8. What does Miri confide to Britta about what the Prince says?
(a) He is not able to choose at this time.
(b) He says he liked Miri the best.
(c) He says he is going to need to spend time with each girl.
(d) Miri says the prince said nothing to any of the girls.
9. Who does Britta think the prince will choose?
(c) No one.
10. Where do the girls continue to study?
(a) The inn.
(b) They do not keep up the studying.
(c) The chapel.
(d) The village dance hall.
11. What does the prince ask when he arrives at the village?
(a) To see Miri.
(b) To meet with each girl individually.
(c) To meet with the village elders.
(d) For the girls from the academy to assemble.
12. What do the bandits demand?
(a) That Olana give the prince a letter.
(b) All their money.
(d) That the girl chosen by the prince be handed over to them.
13. About what does Britta teach Miri?
(b) Intricate dance steps.
14. Towards what is Dan inching?
(a) The lake.
(b) His horse.
(c) The cliff edge.
(d) The forest.
15. What does the delegate tell the girls?
(a) The queen is going to visit.
(b) The prince is ill.
(c) The king is going to visit.
(d) The prince must return to Asland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bena and Katar do during testing?
2. What does Olana blame on the girls?
3. What does Miri receive for her fifteenth birthday?
4. What does Miri realize she wants to do for the village?
5. What happens to Britta the night before the ball?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)