|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls worry will keep the prince from returning?
(a) His father will change his mind about choosing a princess from Mount Eskel.
(b) He will find someone back home.
(d) He does not find any of them attractive.
2. Where do the girls continue to study?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The inn.
(c) The village dance hall.
(d) They do not keep up the studying.
3. What does Miri tell Britta was Miri's first opinion of the prince?
(a) Miri thought he was charming.
(b) Miri was in awe of him.
(c) Miri thought he seemed unhappy.
(d) Miri thought he seemed bored.
4. What does the prince say when Miri asks him about his demeanor?
(a) He is overwhelmed.
(b) He loves someone already.
(c) He thinks the academy thing was a bad idea.
(d) He wants to fall in love with whomever will be his wife.
5. Why does Miri want to marry the prince?
(a) He seemed lonely.
(b) He was quite handsome.
(c) For the status.
(d) To help her village.
6. What do the girls say about the prince?
(a) They say he is not really going to come there.
(b) They say he is cruel.
(c) They say he is very handsome.
(d) They do not talk about him.
7. What does Pa throw at Dan?
(a) A knife.
(b) A large rock.
(c) An axe.
(d) His mallet.
8. What does Miri confide to Britta about what the Prince says?
(a) He says he liked Miri the best.
(b) Miri says the prince said nothing to any of the girls.
(c) He is not able to choose at this time.
(d) He says he is going to need to spend time with each girl.
9. What does Os suggest?
(a) A trade.
(b) The bandits leave the girls and run without their other members.
(c) The bandits take the girls they have and run.
10. What does Miri realize will happen if they leave the academy?
(a) No one will know where they are.
(b) They will freeze to death.
(c) No one will return.
(d) It will be easier to rescue them.
11. What happens to Britta as they wait for the prince?
(a) She leaves the assembly.
(b) She breaks down and starts crying.
(d) She faints.
12. What does Miri remember is in her pocket?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A small knife for peeling fruit.
(c) The linder hawk.
(d) A jagged piece of linder she had found.
13. What does Bena tell the bandits?
(a) What Miri told them.
(b) That Britta is a lowlander.
(c) That Olana is a lowlander.
(d) That Miri is the prince's choice for real.
14. With whom does Olana stay?
(a) Frid's family.
(b) Miri's family.
(c) Peder's family.
(d) Gerti's family.
15. What does Miri receive for her fifteenth birthday?
(a) A small statue of her mother carved from Linder.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A tablet of paper.
(d) One of her mother's dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miri keep from the academy?
2. To what do Britta, Esa and Frid liken Miri?
3. What does the prince ask when he arrives at the village?
4. Who is released from the closet?
5. What do the bandits decide to do?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)