|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Miri when her mother dies?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 years.
2. How does Britta manage to get out of working at the quarry?
(a) She bribes the administrator.
(b) She acted deaf.
(c) She wants to work at the quarry.
(d) She smashed her finger.
3. What does Miri say about Enrik?
(a) He is kind.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He is stingy.
(d) He is not helpful.
4. With whom does Miri discuss Olana's cruelty?
5. What does Pa try to prevent soldiers from doing?
(a) Talking rough in front of his daughters.
(c) Taking more of their grain than necessary for their horses.
(d) Taking Miri.
6. What does Peder say mining linder is like?
(a) Being inside a dark abyss.
(b) Like flowing in a white light of particles.
(c) Singing along with the mountain.
(d) Like nothing else exists.
7. What happens when Olana catches Miri returning a book?
(a) Miri has to leave the academy.
(b) Miri has to stay in the closet.
(c) Miri has to admit her deed to the class.
(d) Olana offers to help Miri read better.
8. Who is Olana Mansdaughter?
(a) The academy tutor.
(b) A woman Miri's pa might marry.
(c) One of the girls who has to go to the academy.
(d) Marda's best friend.
9. Who embarrasses Miri?
(a) One of the soldiers.
(b) Her pa.
10. What does Miri look forward to in the opening of Chapter 9?
(a) Summer holiday.
(b) Fall holiday.
(c) Spring holiday.
(d) Solstice holiday.
11. Why does Miri wonder about Britta's motives?
(a) Britta fails to read letters.
(b) Britta is always late.
(c) Britta does not keep her cubicle neat.
(d) Britta will not speak to the other girls.
12. Who are the girls told not to bother at the academy?
(a) No one.
(c) The stone cutters.
(d) The priest.
13. What does Miri think about as much as becoming a princess?
(b) Her mother's letters which she can now read.
14. How does Miri feel at the academy?
(a) Happy to be learning.
(b) Isolated from the other girls.
(c) Depressed because she misses her dog.
(d) Excited at the new friends she is making.
15. What does Miri want to tell the village?
(a) About what she's learned about commerce.
(b) About her experience with learning poise.
(c) About how mean Olana is.
(d) About the possibility of winning a cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doter good at doing?
2. Why does the tutor expect Britta to lead the class?
3. Why did Miri's Ma not want her to be named Linder?
4. What does Miri present to Olana?
5. Why does Olana put Gerti in the closet?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)