|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa try to prevent soldiers from doing?
(a) Taking more of their grain than necessary for their horses.
(c) Talking rough in front of his daughters.
(d) Taking Miri.
2. What does Britta believe about the prince?
(a) He will choose Kata.
(b) He is mean.
(c) He will not see her in a room full of girls.
(d) He will not choose one of them as his wife.
3. What does Miri begin to relate?
(a) A story about the ghosts around the area that punish wrongdoers.
(b) Nothing; she is gagged.
(c) A story about bandits being chased out of Mount Eskel.
(d) A story about a dead princess who kills bandits.
4. Towards what is Dan inching?
(a) The forest.
(b) The cliff edge.
(c) His horse.
(d) The lake.
5. What does Miri realize about quarry-speech?
(a) It works mind to mind.
(b) It uses mental images to convey messages.
(c) It is not real.
(d) It uses memories to carry messages.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Britta teach Miri?
2. When will the prince choose his bride?
3. Who does Miri overhear speaking about her in the evening?
4. What does the priest announce after the ceremony?
5. With whom does Miri decide to try out her quarry-speech?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)