|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven and Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is quarry-speech?
(a) The way the lowlanders are said to talk.
(b) A way of communicating in the noisy mine environment.
(c) The way the kids talk to each other so their parents won't understand.
(d) The language the priest uses in his chanting in the temple.
2. Where does Miri continue practicing reading?
(a) In a small cave she finds.
(b) The bedchamber.
(c) The library.
(d) In a tree she climbs.
3. Why did Miri's Ma not want her to be named Linder?
(a) She didn't want her daughter named after a stone.
(b) She wanted Miri to be named Linder.
(c) She hates that family.
(d) It is her great-aunt's name whom she dislikes.
4. What does Peder say about quarry work?
(a) He loves every second of it.
(b) He cannot imagine doing it for the rest of his life.
(c) He thinks it can be executed more efficiently.
(d) He is sometimes bored with it.
5. Why can't lowlanders hear quarry-speech?
(a) They do not have quarry dust in their blood.
(b) They can hear quarry-speech..
(c) They do not have enough shared memories.
(d) They do not have the genetic traits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miri think about as much as becoming a princess?
2. Why does the tutor expect Britta to lead the class?
3. When will the prince choose his bride?
4. What does Peder say Miri does not have to do while using quarry-speech?
5. Why does the village decide to raise linder prices?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)