|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven and Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't lowlanders hear quarry-speech?
(a) They can hear quarry-speech..
(b) They do not have quarry dust in their blood.
(c) They do not have enough shared memories.
(d) They do not have the genetic traits.
2. What does Olana claim about the cottage in a picture she shows the girls?
(a) That the painting was done by the prince.
(b) It is where the last princess was born.
(c) It is where Olana was born.
(d) The successful girl's family will receive the cottage.
3. What does Miri say about Enrik?
(a) He is stingy.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is not helpful.
4. With what does Miri experiment as she thinks about what Peder says mining linder is like?
(a) Feeling the vibrations in the stone at the academy.
(b) Singing her reading lessons.
(d) Reading backwards.
5. What does Pa say about linder?
(a) It's in the peoples' bones.
(b) It's magical.
(c) It's just stone.
(d) It's what keeps the village people healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miri determined to do concerning Enrik?
2. What do Miri and Marda decide not to do?
3. What does Britta hope about the new princess?
4. Why does Miri wonder about Britta's motives?
5. How long has Miri been friends with Peder Doterson?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)