|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olana allow the girls to do in the summer?
(a) Have class outside.
(b) Swim in the lake.
(c) Take flowers to the miners.
(d) Plant flowers.
2. Who is Steffan?
(a) Britta's father.
(b) One of the village boys.
(c) The linder mine supervisor.
(d) The Prince.
3. What is the status of Mount Eskel?
(a) A protectorate.
(b) A territory.
(c) A province.
(d) A Duchy.
4. How long has Miri been friends with Peder Doterson?
(a) A year.
(b) A few days.
(c) Two or so years.
(d) Since childhood.
5. Why can't lowlanders hear quarry-speech?
(a) They do not have quarry dust in their blood.
(b) They do not have the genetic traits.
(c) They can hear quarry-speech..
(d) They do not have enough shared memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Miri experiment as she thinks about what Peder says mining linder is like?
2. What does Olana never let the girls forget?
3. What does Miri tell everyone in quarry speech?
4. What does Miri receive for her fifteenth birthday?
5. What does Miri realize after sharing a memory with Peder?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)