Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Machiavelli say a new prince must do quickly after gaining a new dominion?
(a) Read his book.
(b) Hand out money.
(c) Build a new palace.
(d) Learn quickly.
2. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli suddenly out of a job?
(a) He insulted Prince Lorenzo de Medici.
(b) He has been working for the government overthrown by the Medici.
(c) He has had a long illness.
(d) He has taken too much time off.
3. What one thing does Machiavelli insist that every prince needs?
(a) To read his book.
(b) The good will of the people.
(c) Deep pockets.
(d) A strong military.
4. What is the Renaissance Italian's view of political misfortune?
(a) Something that just happens.
(b) Lack of ability to govern.
(c) Perceived weakness on the part of opponents.
(d) Punishment of God for misdeeds.
5. What ancient example does Machiavelli use to illustrate the rise to power through criminal actions?
(b) Agathocles of Sicily.
(c) Pope Alexander IV.
(d) Alexander the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the motivation for Machiavelli to write THE PRINCE?
2. What does Machiavelli suggest is the best solution for governing a new territory?
3. What was Machiavelli's method for learning political government?
4. What does Machiavelli say will be an advantage to a prince who lost his dominion by force of arms?
5. The next best way to rule a new territory, according to Machiavelli, is to establish a colony. Why?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)