|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Machiavelli insist about a Prince who lost his dominion by force?
(a) It would be easy to get it back.
(b) He would have to run for his life and never return.
(c) The people would forget all about him.
(d) He would lose all popularity with the people.
2. What characteristic of a leader can change fortune according to Machiavelli?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The intervention of God.
(c) Being at the right place and in the right time.
(d) A person's innate ability.
3. What advantage does Machiavelli point out for Princes who rule hereditary dominions?
(a) He can get away with having more vices.
(b) It is impossible for him to lose his dominion.
(c) People are accustomed to rule by that family.
(d) The Prince who inherited his donimion can disband his army.
4. What is the advantage of the sole prince as ruler?
(a) No one is confused about who the ruler is.
(b) The people vest in him more complete authority.
(c) In case of revolt, there is only one person to assassinate.
(d) There is only one person of higher rank than the prince.
5. What are the two types of government identified by Machiavelli?
(a) Kingdom and City State.
(b) State and Republic.
(c) City State and Territory.
(d) State and Dominion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Machiavelli suggest may make a hereditary ruler unpopular with his people?
2. What does Machiavelli see as the problem with barons?
3. What does Machiavelli suggest makes for peace in a dominion?
4. How does Machiavelli define a new princedom or dominion?
5. What does Machiavelli say will be an advantage to a prince who lost his dominion by force of arms?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)