|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character challenges Tom to a fight after school?
(a) Peter Blankenship.
(b) Oscar Woodhead.
(c) Benji Washington.
(d) Todd Newbury.
2. Where does Tom meet Sallie?
(a) In his psychology class.
(b) At the student union.
(c) At the phone booth bank.
(d) At the library.
3. How do the children get around the night watchman on "The Amberjack"?
(a) A clever distraction.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A swift blow to the back of his head.
(d) Sleeping pills.
4. What is the name of the albino porpoise in Colleton?
5. Why does the football coach change his mind about integration?
(a) He sees how diligent the black student is in his classes.
(b) He sees how well the black student can throw.
(c) He sees how hard the black student can hit.
(d) He sees how fast the black student can run.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will marry Reese Newbury after the death of his wife?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what does Luke say he plans to do with his life after graduation?
3. Which character helps "The Amberjack"?
4. What does Luke name his boat?
5. Why does Lila invite Tom to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the town react to "The Amberjack's" presence?
2. What might the appearance of Snow symbolize?
3. Why is Tom shy in the locker room at South Carolina University?
4. Why does Henry help "The Amberjack"?
5. Why is Tom jealous of Savannah in Chapter 18?
6. What does Henry's visit to Tom in this chapter reveal about Henry's character?
7. What does Tom suspect about Amos' Good Friday walk?
8. How could you characterize Luke's experiences in Vietnam?
9. What does Tom realize after reading the first page of Renata's book?
10. Why does Susan insist that Savannah wants to become the persona called Renata?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)