|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual does Grandpa perform every Good Friday?
(a) He reenacts Jesus' crucifixion.
(b) He reenacts the Last Supper.
(c) He reenacts Jesus' walk to Calvary.
(d) He reenacts Jesus' passion and beatings.
2. Which character helps "The Amberjack"?
3. In Chapter Nineteen, who helps Tom search through Savannah's apartment?
(a) Oscar Woodhead.
(b) Eddie Detreville.
(c) Dr. Lowenstein.
(d) Luke Wingo.
4. To teach the boy respect, what does Tom make Bernard do?
(a) Fifty pushups after dinner.
(b) Help with clearing the dishes after dinner.
(c) Run one mile the next morning.
(d) Help serve dessert for his mother.
5. Who will marry Reese Newbury after the death of his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in Tom's life occurs in 1971?
2. How does Luke advise Tom on winning the fight?
3. What is Renata Halpern's book about?
4. What is the name of the poem Savannah reads at Luke's funeral?
5. Why do Tom and Savannah get in a fight near the end of Chapter Fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the new black student's ability to beat Tom in a race?
2. Why does Tom agree to help find Luke?
3. What does Henry's visit to Tom in this chapter reveal about Henry's character?
4. Why is Tom shy in the locker room at South Carolina University?
5. How could you characterize Luke's experiences in Vietnam?
6. What admission does Susan make that startles Tom over dinner?
7. What does Tom recognize as he has dinner with his mother?
8. What does Tom realize after reading the first page of Renata's book?
9. What does Tom suspect about Amos' Good Friday walk?
10. What feelings do the townspeople have toward Amos?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)