|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is NOT embarrassed by Grandpa Amos' show?
2. Why does the Sheriff take Amos' drivers license?
(a) He almost kills Mr. Fruit.
(b) He hit a dog while driving.
(c) He hit the sheriff's car.
(d) He ran a stop sign.
3. What does Henry conclude about his family during their graduation party in Chapter Two?
(a) They are lazy.
(b) They are too cruel.
(c) They are too much like their mother.
(d) They are too sensitive.
4. How does Tom feel after reading Renata's book?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is curious.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. What does Lila ask Tom to do for her before Mrs. Newbury's death?
(a) Get rid of Henry's belongings.
(b) Pack her clothes at Melrose Island.
(c) Testify for her at the divorce hearings.
(d) Protect Luke from hurting himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ritual does Grandpa perform every Good Friday?
2. Which character challenges Tom to a fight after school?
3. How does Susan finally lash out at her husband?
4. What is Renata Halpern's book about?
5. Where does Grandpa take the children after his Good Friday performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the new black student's ability to beat Tom in a race?
2. Why is Lila bitter about Tom's decision?
3. Why does Tom decide to tell Dr. Lowenstein about the fateful day on the island?
4. Why does Susan insist that Savannah wants to become the persona called Renata?
5. How could you characterize Luke's experiences in Vietnam?
6. What is the symbolism of Luke's solitary war with the government?
7. What does Tom realize after reading the first page of Renata's book?
8. What might the appearance of Snow symbolize?
9. Why does Tom get in a fight in Chapter 17?
10. What plans do the Wingo children have after graduation?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)