|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Savannah go to New York after graduation as she originally planned?
(a) Her suicide attempt.
(b) Her lack of finances.
(c) Her fear of the city.
(d) Her allegiance to her family.
2. How does Amos get his license back?
(a) He water skis 40 miles to the Colleton dock.
(b) He pays a fine.
(c) He does community service.
(d) He helps the sheriff out of trouble.
3. Who arrives at Savannah's apartment the morning after the dinner party?
(b) Reese Newbury.
4. Where has "The Amberjack" gone after making its capture?
(b) New York City.
(d) South Carolina.
5. Who leads the campaign to welcome a black boy into the school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry bring with him to the game?
2. Why does the football coach change his mind about integration?
3. Tom tells Susan that the story of The Southern Way was true except ________________.
4. Why is Bernard no longer continuing his football lessons?
5. Which character shows opposition towards the government presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the town react to "The Amberjack's" presence?
2. What does Tom admit is even worse than the story of his family's attack?
3. What does Henry's visit to Tom in this chapter reveal about Henry's character?
4. Why does Tom continue searching through Savannah's apartment?
5. Why does Susan insist that Savannah wants to become the persona called Renata?
6. What is happening to the relationship between Susan and Tom during Chapter Fifteen?
7. Why does Tom agree to help find Luke?
8. What is the symbolism of Luke's solitary war with the government?
9. What does Tom recognize as he has dinner with his mother?
10. How does Tom ironically avenge Herbert's rude behavior?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)