|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the football coach change his mind about integration?
(a) He sees how fast the black student can run.
(b) He sees how well the black student can throw.
(c) He sees how diligent the black student is in his classes.
(d) He sees how hard the black student can hit.
2. After learning the truth about Renata in Chapter Twenty, Tom challenges Susan for ______________.
(a) Supporting the publication of "The Southern Way."
(b) Helping Savannah become someone else.
(c) Lying to his mother about Savannah's mental state.
(d) Deceiving him about Savannah's condition.
3. Which of the following characters attacks Lila Wingo?
(a) Henry Wingo.
(b) Floyd Merlin.
(c) Otis Miller.
(d) Randy Thompson.
4. Who does Henry bring with him to the game?
5. Why has Tom not seen Savannah the last three years?
(a) Tom told Savannah years ago he never wanted to see her again.
(b) Tom cannot bear to see Savannah because she resembles her mother.
(c) Tom and Savannah are fighting over their inheritance.
(d) Tom's presence depresses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom is ashamed that he will be the only boy at the dance dressed in __________.
2. What event in Tom's life occurs in 1971?
3. What does Luke blow up?
4. What is Reese Newbury's land to be used for?
5. Where do Tom and Susan go after the dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could you characterize Luke's experiences in Vietnam?
2. Why is Lila bitter about Tom's decision?
3. Why is it ironic that Oscar Woodhead hoists Benji on his shoulders after Colleton beats North Charleston?
4. What might the appearance of Snow symbolize?
5. What does Tom suspect about Amos' Good Friday walk?
6. Why does Tom decide to tell Dr. Lowenstein about the fateful day on the island?
7. What does Henry's visit to Tom in this chapter reveal about Henry's character?
8. Why does Tom get in a fight in Chapter 17?
9. Why does Tom continue searching through Savannah's apartment?
10. What is happening to the relationship between Susan and Tom during Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)