|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reese Newbury's land to be used for?
(a) A nuclear production site.
(b) A shrimp factory.
(c) A boatyard.
(d) A farm.
2. Who is awarded all the belongings of the Wingo family?
3. Who leads the campaign to welcome a black boy into the school?
4. Who does Henry bring with him to the game?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what does Luke say he plans to do with his life after graduation?
(a) Be a shrimper like his father.
(b) Leave Melrose Island and head to California.
(c) Move to New York City and open his own business.
(d) Go to college on a football scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Nineteen, who helps Tom search through Savannah's apartment?
2. Which character challenges Tom to a fight after school?
3. Where does Luke go after the war?
4. What does Lila give Savannah as a graduation present?
5. In Chapter Twenty-One, how does Lila try to distract Tom from his intentions to tell the doctor the truth about what happened to the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry's visit to Tom in this chapter reveal about Henry's character?
2. Why does Tom continue searching through Savannah's apartment?
3. What is the symbolism of Luke's solitary war with the government?
4. What does Tom recognize as he has dinner with his mother?
5. Why does Tom get in a fight in Chapter 17?
6. Why is Tom jealous of Savannah in Chapter 18?
7. What is happening to the relationship between Susan and Tom during Chapter Fifteen?
8. What are the ramifications of the divorce proceedings?
9. Why is it ironic that Oscar Woodhead hoists Benji on his shoulders after Colleton beats North Charleston?
10. How does the town react to "The Amberjack's" presence?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)