|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tom confronts her in Chapter Twenty, what does Susan then accuse Tom of doing?
(a) Not giving Susan all the details of his wife's affair.
(b) Not telling her everything he could about Savannah.
(c) Not allowing Bernard to be the boy he wants to be.
(d) Not being honest with Susan about his attraction to her.
2. Who is Benji Washington?
(a) A good friend of Tom Wingo.
(b) A black student in Colleton High School.
(c) A football team lineman at Colleton High School.
(d) A transient man who stalks Lila Wingo.
3. The Amberjack has arrived to capture _____________.
(a) Amos' flying squirrel.
(b) Ruby's wildcat.
(c) Henry's tiger.
4. What does Lila ask Tom to do for her before Mrs. Newbury's death?
(a) Protect Luke from hurting himself.
(b) Testify for her at the divorce hearings.
(c) Pack her clothes at Melrose Island.
(d) Get rid of Henry's belongings.
5. Who does Grandpa Amos talk to while driving?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a stand for Benji before the football game against North Charleston?
2. How does Herbert Woodruff speak to Tom at the dinner party?
3. What does Tom recall Savannah used to do with special gifts?
4. Why does the Sheriff take Amos' drivers license?
5. Why doesn't Susan want to call the sheriff after the family is attacked in Chapter Twenty-Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different, according to Susan, about the way Bernard interacts with Tom and his father?
2. What plans do the Wingo children have after graduation?
3. What admission does Susan make that startles Tom over dinner?
4. What might the appearance of Snow symbolize?
5. What are the ramifications of the divorce proceedings?
6. Why does Tom continue searching through Savannah's apartment?
7. What does Henry's visit to Tom in this chapter reveal about Henry's character?
8. What does Tom suspect about Amos' Good Friday walk?
9. Why is Tom shy in the locker room at South Carolina University?
10. What does Tom admit is even worse than the story of his family's attack?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)