|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only friend to care for Isabel on her deathbed?
2. In Chapter Nineteen, who helps Tom search through Savannah's apartment?
(a) Dr. Lowenstein.
(b) Eddie Detreville.
(c) Oscar Woodhead.
(d) Luke Wingo.
3. Tom wonders why Susan told him she thought her husband _________________.
(a) Was possibly homosexual.
(b) Was having an affair.
(c) Was not a good father to Bernard.
(d) Was abused as a child.
4. What does Luke blow up?
(a) Melrose Island.
(b) The FBI base.
(c) Four bridges to Melrose Island.
(d) The prison.
5. After Tom confronts her in Chapter Twenty, what does Susan then accuse Tom of doing?
(a) Not allowing Bernard to be the boy he wants to be.
(b) Not being honest with Susan about his attraction to her.
(c) Not giving Susan all the details of his wife's affair.
(d) Not telling her everything he could about Savannah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grandpa take the children after his Good Friday performance?
2. How does Tom feel heading into the fight?
3. What does Tom make Bernard wear to dinner?
4. What event causes Tom to cry while talking to Lila?
5. What ritual does Grandpa perform every Good Friday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could you characterize Luke's experiences in Vietnam?
2. What feelings do the townspeople have toward Amos?
3. What are the ramifications of the divorce proceedings?
4. What is happening to the relationship between Susan and Tom during Chapter Fifteen?
5. Why is Tom shy in the locker room at South Carolina University?
6. Why is Tom jealous of Savannah in Chapter 18?
7. Why does Tom find the map on Reese Newbury's wall disconcerting?
8. What does Tom recognize as he has dinner with his mother?
9. What is the symbolism of Luke's solitary war with the government?
10. What does Tom suspect about Amos' Good Friday walk?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)