|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reese Newbury's land to be used for?
(a) A shrimp factory.
(b) A farm.
(c) A nuclear production site.
(d) A boatyard.
2. What does Tom read to better understand Savannah's psychosis?
(a) Case histories.
(b) Medical journals.
(c) Lila's family history.
(d) Savannah's journal.
3. Why does Lila invite Tom to dinner?
(a) She wants to discuss Luke.
(b) She wants Tom to meet her new husband.
(c) She wants to see if Tom has really told the doctor everything.
(d) She wants to mend her relationship with her children.
4. Why do Tom and Savannah get in a fight near the end of Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Tom makes fun of Grandpa Wingo praying.
(b) Tom steals her journal.
(c) Tom refuses to give a nickel to a man begging for change.
(d) Tom says the word "nigger."
5. After Susan expresses her desire for Tom at the end of Chapter Fifteen, how does the evening end for these two characters?
(a) Tom leaves hastily with Susan on the terrace.
(b) Tom breaks down in tears from missing his wife.
(c) Susan warns Tom that their relationship is getting too intimate.
(d) Tom and Susan sleep together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Renata Halpern's book?
2. Where has "The Amberjack" gone after making its capture?
3. Which character shows opposition towards the government presence?
4. In Chapter Twenty-One, how does Lila try to distract Tom from his intentions to tell the doctor the truth about what happened to the family?
5. What is the name of the albino porpoise in Colleton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susan insist that Savannah wants to become the persona called Renata?
2. Why is Lila bitter about Tom's decision?
3. Why does Henry help "The Amberjack"?
4. Why does Tom find the map on Reese Newbury's wall disconcerting?
5. What feelings do the townspeople have toward Amos?
6. What admission does Susan make that startles Tom over dinner?
7. What is significant about the new black student's ability to beat Tom in a race?
8. What plans do the Wingo children have after graduation?
9. Why does Tom continue searching through Savannah's apartment?
10. How does the town react to "The Amberjack's" presence?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)