|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters attacks Lila Wingo?
(a) Henry Wingo.
(b) Floyd Merlin.
(c) Otis Miller.
(d) Randy Thompson.
2. Why is Tom furious with Dr. Lowenstein?
(a) She has not told him about Renata.
(b) She called his wife in South Carolina.
(c) She moved Savannah to a different hospital.
(d) She has refused to let Bernard practice with him.
3. While fighting in the Vietnam War, how does Luke survive a near-fatal ambush as he looks for a downed pilot?
(a) He swims three miles to his ship.
(b) He shoots his way past enemy lines.
(c) He hides in an old army bunker.
(d) He is rescued by the lieutenant.
4. How does Tom feel after reading Renata's book?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is curious.
(d) He is angry.
5. What event in Tom's life occurs in 1971?
(a) Savannah is sent to Bellevue.
(b) Jennifer is born.
(c) Henry is imprisoned.
(d) Luke is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lila give Savannah as a graduation present?
2. What does Henry conclude about his family during their graduation party in Chapter Two?
3. How does Luke rescue his family from the attack?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what does Luke say he plans to do with his life after graduation?
5. Which character shows opposition towards the government presence?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)