|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Tom play at South Carolina University?
(d) Defensive safety.
2. Which character helps "The Amberjack"?
3. What does Luke blow up?
(a) Melrose Island.
(b) Four bridges to Melrose Island.
(c) The prison.
(d) The FBI base.
4. How does Amos get his license back?
(a) He pays a fine.
(b) He does community service.
(c) He water skis 40 miles to the Colleton dock.
(d) He helps the sheriff out of trouble.
5. What is Renata Halpern's book about?
(a) Mystical creatures Tom does not recognize.
(b) Events he remembers from Savannah's childhood.
(c) Events he remembers from Papa John's bedtime stories.
(d) Poetry that seems to resemble Savannah's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herbert Woodruff speak to Tom at the dinner party?
2. How does Luke rescue his family from the attack?
3. The Amberjack has arrived to capture _____________.
4. What does Luke name his boat?
5. Where does Luke go after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What admission does Susan make that startles Tom over dinner?
2. How could you characterize Luke's experiences in Vietnam?
3. Why is Tom shy in the locker room at South Carolina University?
4. What feelings do the townspeople have toward Amos?
5. What does Tom realize after reading the first page of Renata's book?
6. What does Tom suspect about Amos' Good Friday walk?
7. What is different, according to Susan, about the way Bernard interacts with Tom and his father?
8. What is significant about the new black student's ability to beat Tom in a race?
9. What does Henry's visit to Tom in this chapter reveal about Henry's character?
10. What are the ramifications of the divorce proceedings?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)