|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom read to better understand Savannah's psychosis?
(a) Medical journals.
(b) Lila's family history.
(c) Savannah's journal.
(d) Case histories.
2. Who is Benji Washington?
(a) A black student in Colleton High School.
(b) A transient man who stalks Lila Wingo.
(c) A football team lineman at Colleton High School.
(d) A good friend of Tom Wingo.
3. Whose photo does Tom find in Savannah's apartment?
(a) Renata Halpern.
(b) Lila Wingo.
(c) Tom and Savannah.
(d) Amos and Tolitha Wingo.
4. What does Tom tell Lila he has decided to tell Dr. Lowenstein?
(a) What happened on the island that Savannah described allegorically.
(b) What happened the day Henry beat Luke.
(c) What happened the afternoon the tiger got loose from Henry.
(d) What happened the summer Savannah first tried to kill herself.
5. How does Tom feel heading into the fight?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is confident.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the football coach change his mind about integration?
2. Who does Luke kill?
3. How does Tom feel after reading Renata's book?
4. What is the name of the poem Savannah reads at Luke's funeral?
5. Tom wonders why Susan told him she thought her husband _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom ironically avenge Herbert's rude behavior?
2. Why does Tom decide to tell Dr. Lowenstein about the fateful day on the island?
3. What is the symbolism of Luke's solitary war with the government?
4. What might the appearance of Snow symbolize?
5. How could you characterize Luke's experiences in Vietnam?
6. What admission does Susan make that startles Tom over dinner?
7. How does the town react to "The Amberjack's" presence?
8. Why does Tom find the map on Reese Newbury's wall disconcerting?
9. What plans do the Wingo children have after graduation?
10. Why does Henry help "The Amberjack"?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)