|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herbert Woodruff speak to Tom at the dinner party?
(a) With warmth and hospitality.
(b) With cruel sarcasm.
(c) With contempt and bitterness.
(d) With disinterest and apathy.
2. While fighting in the Vietnam War, how does Luke survive a near-fatal ambush as he looks for a downed pilot?
(a) He shoots his way past enemy lines.
(b) He swims three miles to his ship.
(c) He is rescued by the lieutenant.
(d) He hides in an old army bunker.
3. The Amberjack has arrived to capture _____________.
(a) Ruby's wildcat.
(c) Amos' flying squirrel.
(d) Henry's tiger.
4. After Tom confronts her in Chapter Twenty, what does Susan then accuse Tom of doing?
(a) Not allowing Bernard to be the boy he wants to be.
(b) Not being honest with Susan about his attraction to her.
(c) Not giving Susan all the details of his wife's affair.
(d) Not telling her everything he could about Savannah.
5. Which of the following characters attacks Lila Wingo?
(a) Randy Thompson.
(b) Henry Wingo.
(c) Otis Miller.
(d) Floyd Merlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom tells Susan that the story of The Southern Way was true except ________________.
2. Which character challenges Tom to a fight after school?
3. Why won't Lila buy Tom the clothes he asks for?
4. How does Amos get his license back?
5. Who stays in Colleton with Luke?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)