|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different types of Wingos are there according to Tom?
2. What is the name of the school Bernard attends?
(a) Monsignor Farrell.
(b) Phillips Exeter.
(d) Cornwallis Prep.
3. What news do Tom and his family discover in Chapter One?
(a) Lila has finally remarried.
(b) Tom's father recently passed away.
(c) Savannah has tried to commit suicide again.
(d) Tom's brother decided to move back home.
4. Which of the following images from the Prologue could serve as an analogy for Tom and Savannah's wondrous and nightmarish childhood?
(a) The dying whale.
(b) The yelping dogs.
(c) The injured colt.
(d) The pregnant cows.
5. How many children do Tom and his wife have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Winthrop Ogletree?
2. How would you characterize Bernard's attitude in his first meeting with Tom?
3. Why do Tom and Luke travel to New York City?
4. Bernard finally takes to calling Tom ______________.
5. What transformation occurs in Henry when he is on his shrimping boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of Savannah's poetry?
2. How does Lila react to Henry's buying a tiger?
3. Why does Tom feel Grandma Tolitha returns to Grandpa Wingo?
4. How does Lila react to the news of Tom's actions against Todd?
5. How does Lila feel about Henry's profession as a shrimper?
6. What is curious about Tolitha and Amos having Henry for a son?
7. What is the significance of the game Tom plays with his daughters?
8. How would you describe Lila Wingo?
9. What does Luke pray for before his father leaves for Korea?
10. How has coaching Bernard helped Tom?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)