|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom recalls a time during his________ year when he killed a bald eagle.
2. How would you describe the tone of Dr. Lowenstein when she refers to Tom as "Tom Wingo of South Carolina"?
3. What does Ruby Blankenship offer the children?
(a) Orange juice.
(b) Juicy Fruit.
(c) Saltwater taffy.
(d) Cotton candy.
4. Why are Tom and Luke awakened in the middle of the night while visiting Savannah in New York in Chapter Two?
(a) Savannah is in the throes of a psychotic spell.
(b) Luke is crying out from a terrible nightmare.
(c) Lila phones them with urgent news about a family emergency.
(d) Tom's wife has called with a tearful confession.
5. What is the name of Tom's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Savannah and Tom feel about their father during their teenage years?
2. Who does Dr. Lowenstein inform Tom that she has spoken with on the phone?
3. What is the name of Tom's sister?
4. How does the principal feel about Tom beating up Todd?
5. Why does Henry buy the tiger from the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Lila want the children to tell their father about the man called "Callanwolde"?
2. How does the scene in the funeral parlor contrast with the rest of the Wingo childhood?
3. Why does Henry covert to Catholicism?
4. What does the story of Lila's quest to win the Colleton League cookbook contest reveal about her character?
5. What does Luke pray for before his father leaves for Korea?
6. What kind of family does the Prologue portray?
7. How does Lila feel about Henry's profession as a shrimper?
8. Why does Tom punch Todd Newbury, and what does this reveal or suggest about Tom?
9. How would you describe Lila Wingo?
10. What is the significance of the game Tom plays with his daughters?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)