|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry is recalled to the Air Force to go to Korea, where do Lila and the children go to live?
(a) They go to live with Henry's mother in Decatur.
(b) They go to live with Lila's family in Charlotte.
(c) They go to live with Henry's mother in Atlanta.
(d) They go to live on the Air Force base in Hawaii.
2. What does Lila teach her children to do?
(a) She taught them to judge people based on appearances.
(b) She taught them to hide their wounds with lies.
(c) She taught them to respect nature in all its beauty.
(d) She taught them to always follow their dreams.
3. How has Savannah responded to Tom's letters, according to Dr. Lowenstein?
(a) They have inspired Savannah to overcome her illness.
(b) They have angered Savannah to thoughts of suicide.
(c) They have upset Savannah to the point of needing sedation.
(d) They have not been read by Savannah.
4. Tom recounts that, while growing up, the Wingo children had no idea ______________.
(a) How dangerous Callanwolde could actually be.
(b) How unhappy their mother actually was.
(c) How religiously fanatical their grandfather was.
(d) How physically abusive their father was to their mother.
5. Tom's mother often made up stories about _____________.
(a) About the dreams of all living things.
(b) About the civil war heroes of the South.
(c) About her husband's past.
(d) About the lives of their ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What transformation occurs in Henry when he is on his shrimping boat?
2. How many different types of Wingos are there according to Tom?
3. Which of the following events does NOT transpire when Tom visits Savannah's apartment?
4. How does Lila react to the turkey donated by the Colleton League?
5. What does Tom recount as his reason for punching Todd Newbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lila feel about Henry's profession as a shrimper?
2. Why doesn't Lila want the children to tell their father about the man called "Callanwolde"?
3. Why does Tom suggest that football is a good thing for the unhappy Bernard?
4. How does Tom explain the recording of Savannah's psychotic seizure?
5. How does Dr. Lowenstein perceive Lila in Chapter Six?
6. Why does Henry covert to Catholicism?
7. Who is the Prince of Tides?
8. What is the significance of the game Tom plays with his daughters?
9. What is curious about Tolitha and Amos having Henry for a son?
10. Why does Tom feel the fallow deer are out of place in the Central Park Zoo?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)