|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters attacks Lila Wingo?
(a) Henry Wingo.
(b) Floyd Merlin.
(c) Otis Miller.
(d) Randy Thompson.
2. After learning the truth about Renata in Chapter Twenty, Tom challenges Susan for ______________.
(a) Helping Savannah become someone else.
(b) Deceiving him about Savannah's condition.
(c) Lying to his mother about Savannah's mental state.
(d) Supporting the publication of "The Southern Way."
3. Why does Lila insist that Tom remain silent about the past?
(a) Because Savannah will write about it.
(b) Because Tom's wife should hear the story first.
(c) Because Luke will be crushed by the news.
(d) Because the doctor will not understand.
4. After Susan expresses her desire for Tom at the end of Chapter Fifteen, how does the evening end for these two characters?
(a) Tom breaks down in tears from missing his wife.
(b) Susan warns Tom that their relationship is getting too intimate.
(c) Tom and Susan sleep together.
(d) Tom leaves hastily with Susan on the terrace.
5. Who leads the campaign to welcome a black boy into the school?
6. Who is awarded all the belongings of the Wingo family?
7. Tom is ashamed that he will be the only boy at the dance dressed in __________.
(b) Dress pants.
8. What position does Tom play in the game against North Charleston?
9. In Chapter Nineteen, who helps Tom search through Savannah's apartment?
(a) Dr. Lowenstein.
(b) Eddie Detreville.
(c) Luke Wingo.
(d) Oscar Woodhead.
10. Who does Henry bring with him to the game?
11. Who does Luke kill?
(a) Two green berets.
(b) Four FBI agents.
(c) Four railroad employees.
12. Who hatches a plan to rescue "The Amberjack's" cargo?
13. What position does Tom play at South Carolina University?
(a) Defensive safety.
14. Where do Tom and Luke go after the game?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To a rally.
(c) To a corner store.
(d) To a dance.
15. How does Herbert Woodruff speak to Tom at the dinner party?
(a) With disinterest and apathy.
(b) With contempt and bitterness.
(c) With warmth and hospitality.
(d) With cruel sarcasm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Tom and Susan go after the dinner party?
2. What is the name of the albino porpoise in Colleton?
3. Who does Susan finally admit Renata to be?
4. Where does Tom meet Sallie?
5. Which character challenges Tom to a fight after school?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)