|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luke advise Tom on winning the fight?
(a) He tells Tom to use a sucker punch to the groin.
(b) He tells Tom to kick his opponent in his bad knee.
(c) He tells Tom to use his speed.
(d) He tells Tom to fake an injury.
2. Who does Grandpa Amos talk to while driving?
3. What is the name of Renata Halpern's book?
(a) The Southern Way.
(b) Life in Dixieland.
(c) The Prince of Tides.
(d) The Gourmet.
4. Who is the only friend to care for Isabel on her deathbed?
5. Whose photo does Tom find in Savannah's apartment?
(a) Tom and Savannah.
(b) Lila Wingo.
(c) Renata Halpern.
(d) Amos and Tolitha Wingo.
6. What is Reese Newbury's land to be used for?
(a) A shrimp factory.
(b) A nuclear production site.
(c) A boatyard.
(d) A farm.
7. After learning the truth about Renata in Chapter Twenty, Tom challenges Susan for ______________.
(a) Supporting the publication of "The Southern Way."
(b) Lying to his mother about Savannah's mental state.
(c) Deceiving him about Savannah's condition.
(d) Helping Savannah become someone else.
8. What does Luke name his boat?
(a) Miss Lila.
(b) Miss Ruby.
(c) Miss Savannah.
(d) Miss Melrose.
9. Where does Luke go after the war?
10. What event in Tom's life occurs in 1971?
(a) Savannah is sent to Bellevue.
(b) Luke is arrested.
(c) Henry is imprisoned.
(d) Jennifer is born.
11. Why doesn't Susan want to call the sheriff after the family is attacked in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) She is too ashamed.
(b) She is unable to speak.
(c) She is too injured.
(d) She is unconscious.
12. How does Amos get his license back?
(a) He does community service.
(b) He pays a fine.
(c) He water skis 40 miles to the Colleton dock.
(d) He helps the sheriff out of trouble.
13. Where does Tom meet Sallie?
(a) In his psychology class.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the student union.
(d) At the phone booth bank.
14. What is the name of the albino porpoise in Colleton?
15. What position does Tom play at South Carolina University?
(c) Defensive safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. After discussing the issue or Renata in Chapter Twenty, Tom flashes back to a time when the three children were __________________.
2. What does Henry conclude about his family during their graduation party in Chapter Two?
3. Why is Henry in jail?
4. Why is Bernard no longer continuing his football lessons?
5. What does Luke blow up?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)