|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of imagery dominates the Prologue?
(a) Farms and countrysides.
(b) Flowers, landscapes, and horizons.
(c) Fish, flora, and sunsets.
(d) City streets and tall buildings.
2. What is the initial topic of Tom's heated discussion with Dr. Lowenstein?
(a) The doctor's refusal to give Tom her first name.
(b) The ignorance Tom has of mental health.
(c) The nature of Savannah's poetry.
(d) The abbreviated history Tom gives of his childhood.
3. Why does Amos bring everyone to the hayloft barn?
(a) Because the storm begins to flood the house.
(b) Because racist townsfolk are threatening the Wingo servants.
(c) Because Amos wants to have a prayer meeting.
(d) Because robbers have broken into the house.
4. What is the name of the school Bernard attends?
(a) Phillips Exeter.
(c) Monsignor Farrell.
(d) Cornwallis Prep.
5. Tom and Savannah admittedly resent their parents because ___________.
(a) They refused to spend any time with the children while growing up.
(b) They participated in racist rallies and demonstrations.
(c) They separated before the children could know their father.
(d) They used their children as ammunition during their own battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what does Luke say he plans to do with his life after graduation?
2. Why is Tom furious with Dr. Lowenstein?
3. Why does Henry light a candle at the statue of the Infant of Prague?
4. Who hatches a plan to rescue "The Amberjack's" cargo?
5. In Chapter Nineteen, who helps Tom search through Savannah's apartment?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)