|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Tom and his wife have?
2. Where do Tom and Dr. Lowenstein go the night after their initial meeting?
(a) To visit Lila in the nursing home.
(b) To visit the grave of Tom's deceased grandfather.
(c) To visit Savannah in the hospital.
(d) To visit Luke in a psychiatric ward.
3. Tom describes his father as a ________.
(a) Strict disciplinarian.
(b) Kind giver.
(c) Frustrated artist.
(d) Beautiful dreamer.
4. Tom recounts that, while growing up, the Wingo children had no idea ______________.
(a) How unhappy their mother actually was.
(b) How dangerous Callanwolde could actually be.
(c) How religiously fanatical their grandfather was.
(d) How physically abusive their father was to their mother.
5. Who is Winthrop Ogletree?
(a) The local witch doctor.
(b) The country sheriff.
(c) The mortician.
(d) The town doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Susan want to call the sheriff after the family is attacked in Chapter Twenty-Two?
2. In Chapter Five, what job is given to the Wingo children when they go to live with Papa John?
3. Tom's story is set against the backdrop of which war?
4. In Chapter Nineteen, who helps Tom search through Savannah's apartment?
5. Henry tries which of the following plots to make money?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)