|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Lowenstein inform Tom that she has spoken with on the phone?
2. Dr. Lowenstein admits that she finds it strange that the Wingo family would have a subscription to _______________.
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) The Gourmet magazine.
(c) Better Homes and Gardens.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Tom's story is set against the backdrop of which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
4. How do the children get around the night watchman on "The Amberjack"?
(a) A swift blow to the back of his head.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) Sleeping pills.
(d) A clever distraction.
5. Where does the narrative of Chapter Four take place?
(a) In Germany where Henry's plane has been shot down.
(b) On the island as Lila lays in labor.
(c) In Europe where Henry is a pilot stationed in Europe.
(d) In New York City as Savannah prepares for another performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom promise to tell Dr. Lowenstein during dinner?
2. Henry tries which of the following plots to make money?
3. Who is Winthrop Ogletree?
4. The Amberjack has arrived to capture _____________.
5. Whose phone call disrupts the harmony of the opening scene?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)