|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the campaign to welcome a black boy into the school?
2. Tom wonders why Susan told him she thought her husband _________________.
(a) Was not a good father to Bernard.
(b) Was possibly homosexual.
(c) Was abused as a child.
(d) Was having an affair.
3. What is Renata Halpern's book about?
(a) Mystical creatures Tom does not recognize.
(b) Events he remembers from Savannah's childhood.
(c) Events he remembers from Papa John's bedtime stories.
(d) Poetry that seems to resemble Savannah's.
4. How does Tom feel after reading Renata's book?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is angry.
5. Why does Henry light a candle at the statue of the Infant of Prague?
(a) For the old priest who was hung for helping Henry.
(b) For the farm woman who was beaten for feeding Henry.
(c) For his family, whom Henry misses very much.
(d) For the Swiss family whose house was destroyed for haboring Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news do Tom and his family discover in Chapter One?
2. What role does Bernard actually play on his school's football team?
3. What is it about Henry Wingo that is difficult for Tom to reconcile?
4. What does Dr. Lowenstein's husband do for a living?
5. Which of the following types of imagery dominates the Prologue?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)