|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events does NOT transpire when Tom visits Savannah's apartment?
(a) He is threatened by a neighbor wielding a pistol.
(b) He lies down on Savannah's bed with a migraine headache.
(c) He reads a letter from his wallet written by Savannah years ago.
(d) He breaks down and weeps after seeing his sister's artwork on the walls.
2. What does Dr. Lowenstein's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor like his wife.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a professor at a city university.
(d) He is a writer.
3. What does Tom see as the character flaw in Tolitha?
(a) She has a violent side like her son.
(b) She turns to drinking whenever a situation is tense.
(c) She relies too much on superstition.
(d) She refuses to attend church with her husband.
4. How would you describe the tone of Dr. Lowenstein when she refers to Tom as "Tom Wingo of South Carolina"?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about the traumatic memory from the Wingo childhood?
(a) Tom and Luke agree never to speak about it.
(b) Lila insists it never happened.
(c) Tom and Luke remember every detail of what happened that day.
(d) Savannah seems to be unaffected by the experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom's wife blurt out to elicit an emotional response from Tom as they walk along the beach in Chapter One?
2. Dr. Lowenstein admits that she finds it strange that the Wingo family would have a subscription to _______________.
3. Which of the following images from the Prologue could serve as an analogy for Tom and Savannah's wondrous and nightmarish childhood?
4. Tom is correct in guessing that ______________.
5. What does Ruby Blankenship offer the children?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)