|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrative of Chapter Four take place?
(a) On the island as Lila lays in labor.
(b) In Europe where Henry is a pilot stationed in Europe.
(c) In New York City as Savannah prepares for another performance.
(d) In Germany where Henry's plane has been shot down.
2. Where does Lila go to reinvent herself?
3. Which of the following does Tom NOT call attention to during his formative years?
(a) Being a cadet in ROTC.
(b) Running for local office.
(c) Opposing the war.
(d) Defending black equality.
4. What does Tom promise to tell Dr. Lowenstein during dinner?
(a) He promises to tell her why he maintains his racist beliefs.
(b) He promises to tell her everything she wants to know about Savannah's past.
(c) He promises to call his mother and tell her how he feels.
(d) He promises to let the doctor help him with his marriage.
5. Why is Dr. Lowenstein's son alienated from his father?
(a) His father is rarely home because of work.
(b) He cannot share his love for football with his father.
(c) His father is physically abusive, much like Tom's father.
(d) He disagrees with his father's political views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Bernard actually play on his school's football team?
2. Tom recounts that, while growing up, the Wingo children had no idea ______________.
3. What is the name of Tom's sister?
4. What do we learn about Lila's father in Chapter Eleven?
5. After producing a letter from Lila, how does Dr. Lowenstein view Tom's mother?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)