|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom is correct in guessing that ______________.
(a) Bernard has a secret girlfriend.
(b) Bernard is intimidated by Tom's athleticism.
(c) Bernard is not popular at school.
(d) Bernard is afraid to take football seriously.
2. Tom's story is set against the backdrop of which war?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) Vietnam War.
3. Which of the following events does NOT happen during the family picnic?
(a) Luke vows to pray that his father dies in Korea.
(b) Henry calls Tom a girl.
(c) Lila is violently shaken by her husband.
(d) Henry spits at his daughter.
4. How would you describe the tone of Dr. Lowenstein when she refers to Tom as "Tom Wingo of South Carolina"?
5. After producing a letter from Lila, how does Dr. Lowenstein view Tom's mother?
(a) She thinks Lila is no different than her own mother.
(b) She thinks Lila is a concerned parent.
(c) She thinks Lila is a terrible caregiver.
(d) She thinks Lila is a calculating manipulator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom read in the waiting room of Dr. Lowenstein's office?
2. Who does Dr. Lowenstein inform Tom that she has spoken with on the phone?
3. Which of the following does Tom NOT call attention to during his formative years?
4. What does Lila teach her children to do?
5. What do we learn about Lila's father in Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)