|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lila react to the turkey donated by the Colleton League?
(a) She shoots it with a shotgun.
(b) She breaks down in tears.
(c) She throws it in the garbage.
(d) She refuses to accept it.
2. Tom's story is set against the backdrop of which war?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
3. Tom and Savannah admittedly resent their parents because ___________.
(a) They separated before the children could know their father.
(b) They used their children as ammunition during their own battles.
(c) They participated in racist rallies and demonstrations.
(d) They refused to spend any time with the children while growing up.
4. What does Tom really think of Bernard?
(a) He thinks he is a spoiled brat.
(b) He thinks he has a lot of athletic ability.
(c) He thinks he is a closet homosexual.
(d) He thinks he is unhappy.
5. Where is Melrose Island located?
(a) Outside Long Island Sound.
(b) Near a shipping town in North Carolina.
(c) Off the coast of South Carolina.
(d) Among the Florida Keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Bernard actually play on his school's football team?
2. Why do Tom and Luke travel to New York City?
3. Which of the following characters dies during the storm?
4. What does Ruby Blankenship offer the children?
5. Why does Henry light a candle at the statue of the Infant of Prague?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)