|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Lowenstein's reaction to Tom telling the story about Todd Newbury?
(a) She is frustrated.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is disinterested.
(d) She is concerned.
2. How much time has passed since Tom and Luke went to visit their sister in New York?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. Which of the following images from the Prologue could serve as an analogy for Tom and Savannah's wondrous and nightmarish childhood?
(a) The injured colt.
(b) The pregnant cows.
(c) The yelping dogs.
(d) The dying whale.
4. Which of the following is NOT true about the traumatic memory from the Wingo childhood?
(a) Savannah seems to be unaffected by the experience.
(b) Tom and Luke agree never to speak about it.
(c) Tom and Luke remember every detail of what happened that day.
(d) Lila insists it never happened.
5. Whose phone call disrupts the harmony of the opening scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the old German priest guilt-ridden?
2. In Chapter Five, what job is given to the Wingo children when they go to live with Papa John?
3. What does Lila do after finding Savannah's journal?
4. What does Tom say that Grandmother Tolitha did immediately following Papa John's death?
5. What does Ruby Blankenship offer the children?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)