|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you characterize Tom's initial behavior towards Dr. Lowenstein?
(a) He is flirtatious and charismatic.
(b) He is candid and revealing.
(c) He is warm and receptive.
(d) He is profane and defensive.
2. What is the initial topic of Tom's heated discussion with Dr. Lowenstein?
(a) The abbreviated history Tom gives of his childhood.
(b) The nature of Savannah's poetry.
(c) The doctor's refusal to give Tom her first name.
(d) The ignorance Tom has of mental health.
3. Who or what is "Callanwolde"?
(a) It is the woods around the Chandler estate.
(b) It is one of the words Savannah repeats on Dr. Lowenstein's recording.
(c) It is the buzz word used by the children to indicate any kind of danger.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What does Tom say that Grandmother Tolitha did immediately following Papa John's death?
(a) She moved into a nursing home.
(b) She traveled the world until her money ran out.
(c) She became a religious fanatic.
(d) She went back to Grandpa Wingo.
5. After producing a letter from Lila, how does Dr. Lowenstein view Tom's mother?
(a) She thinks Lila is no different than her own mother.
(b) She thinks Lila is a calculating manipulator.
(c) She thinks Lila is a concerned parent.
(d) She thinks Lila is a terrible caregiver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the principal feel about Tom beating up Todd?
2. What does Tom's wife blurt out to elicit an emotional response from Tom as they walk along the beach in Chapter One?
3. Chapter Two flashes back to the 1970s when Tom is a _____________.
4. What is it about Henry Wingo that is difficult for Tom to reconcile?
5. Tom recounts that, while growing up, the Wingo children had no idea ______________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)