|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Lowenstein's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a professor at a city university.
(b) He is a doctor like his wife.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is a writer.
2. Where do Tom and Dr. Lowenstein go the night after their initial meeting?
(a) To visit the grave of Tom's deceased grandfather.
(b) To visit Savannah in the hospital.
(c) To visit Luke in a psychiatric ward.
(d) To visit Lila in the nursing home.
3. Tom's story is set against the backdrop of which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Korean War.
4. Why is Dr. Lowenstein's son alienated from his father?
(a) He disagrees with his father's political views.
(b) He cannot share his love for football with his father.
(c) His father is rarely home because of work.
(d) His father is physically abusive, much like Tom's father.
5. What is the initial topic of Tom's heated discussion with Dr. Lowenstein?
(a) The nature of Savannah's poetry.
(b) The doctor's refusal to give Tom her first name.
(c) The abbreviated history Tom gives of his childhood.
(d) The ignorance Tom has of mental health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom recount as his reason for punching Todd Newbury?
2. In Chapter Five, what job is given to the Wingo children when they go to live with Papa John?
3. What does Tom read in the waiting room of Dr. Lowenstein's office?
4. What does Tom promise to tell Dr. Lowenstein during dinner?
5. Why does Tolitha ask Luke to take pictures of her in the coffin?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)