|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom is determined to discover ____________.
(a) Why Savannah has become psychotic.
(b) Why Dr. Lowenstein keeps her emotional distance from him.
(c) Why his wife has decided to leave him.
(d) Why Lila refuses to admit that anything traumatic happened to the children.
2. Where are Tom and Dr. Lowenstein at the start of Chapter Six?
(a) They are having cocktails together.
(b) They are in a therapy session at Lowenstein's office.
(c) They are sharing a taxi ride.
(d) They are in the hospital.
3. Which of the following events does NOT happen during the family picnic?
(a) Henry spits at his daughter.
(b) Lila is violently shaken by her husband.
(c) Luke vows to pray that his father dies in Korea.
(d) Henry calls Tom a girl.
4. How much time has passed since Tom and Luke went to visit their sister in New York?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Three years.
5. What is it about Henry Wingo that is difficult for Tom to reconcile?
(a) He does not think his father taught him anything growing up.
(b) He cannot understand how Tolitha and Amos created such a dangerous man.
(c) He does not see how the war made his father such an emotional person.
(d) He does not know why his father loved Luke more than Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Lowenstein's reaction to Tom telling the story about Todd Newbury?
2. After producing a letter from Lila, how does Dr. Lowenstein view Tom's mother?
3. How many different types of Wingos are there according to Tom?
4. How does the Wingo family react to the last still born, Rose Ann?
5. What is the name of Tom's sister?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)