|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Tom NOT call attention to during his formative years?
(a) Opposing the war.
(b) Running for local office.
(c) Defending black equality.
(d) Being a cadet in ROTC.
2. What is the name of Tom's wife?
3. Why does Henry light a candle at the statue of the Infant of Prague?
(a) For his family, whom Henry misses very much.
(b) For the old priest who was hung for helping Henry.
(c) For the farm woman who was beaten for feeding Henry.
(d) For the Swiss family whose house was destroyed for haboring Henry.
4. How many children do Tom and his wife have?
5. Why does Amos bring everyone to the hayloft barn?
(a) Because robbers have broken into the house.
(b) Because the storm begins to flood the house.
(c) Because Amos wants to have a prayer meeting.
(d) Because racist townsfolk are threatening the Wingo servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Tom and Luke awakened in the middle of the night while visiting Savannah in New York in Chapter Two?
2. What does Tom promise to tell Dr. Lowenstein during dinner?
3. After the children are in bed, where do Tom and his wife go?
4. Which of the following images from the Prologue could serve as an analogy for Tom and Savannah's wondrous and nightmarish childhood?
5. What does Tom's wife blurt out to elicit an emotional response from Tom as they walk along the beach in Chapter One?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)