|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tom's wife?
2. What does Tom's wife blurt out to elicit an emotional response from Tom as they walk along the beach in Chapter One?
(a) She begs Tom to spend more time with the children.
(b) She tells Tom that she never loved him.
(c) She chastises Tom for being a horrible provider.
(d) She confesses she is having an affair.
3. Where do Tom and Dr. Lowenstein go the night after their initial meeting?
(a) To visit Lila in the nursing home.
(b) To visit Savannah in the hospital.
(c) To visit the grave of Tom's deceased grandfather.
(d) To visit Luke in a psychiatric ward.
4. Where is Melrose Island located?
(a) Near a shipping town in North Carolina.
(b) Off the coast of South Carolina.
(c) Among the Florida Keys.
(d) Outside Long Island Sound.
5. Why are Tom and Luke awakened in the middle of the night while visiting Savannah in New York in Chapter Two?
(a) Tom's wife has called with a tearful confession.
(b) Luke is crying out from a terrible nightmare.
(c) Savannah is in the throes of a psychotic spell.
(d) Lila phones them with urgent news about a family emergency.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the children are in bed, where do Tom and his wife go?
2. What is the name of Tom's sister?
3. What does Tom promise to tell Dr. Lowenstein during dinner?
4. Why is the old German priest guilt-ridden?
5. Who is Sarah Jenkins?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)