|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrative of Chapter Four take place?
(a) In Europe where Henry is a pilot stationed in Europe.
(b) On the island as Lila lays in labor.
(c) In New York City as Savannah prepares for another performance.
(d) In Germany where Henry's plane has been shot down.
2. What is the name of Tom's wife?
3. After the children are in bed, where do Tom and his wife go?
(a) They go out for dessert.
(b) They take a walk on the beach.
(c) They sit by the fireplace.
(d) They sit outside on their porch swing.
4. Why does Henry light a candle at the statue of the Infant of Prague?
(a) For the old priest who was hung for helping Henry.
(b) For his family, whom Henry misses very much.
(c) For the farm woman who was beaten for feeding Henry.
(d) For the Swiss family whose house was destroyed for haboring Henry.
5. Why does Amos bring everyone to the hayloft barn?
(a) Because the storm begins to flood the house.
(b) Because racist townsfolk are threatening the Wingo servants.
(c) Because Amos wants to have a prayer meeting.
(d) Because robbers have broken into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, which character seems to be the most caring person in the children's lives?
2. What does Tom see as the character flaw in Tolitha?
3. Why might Conroy have included the scene with Tolitha's coffin in Chapter Eight?
4. What does Lila teach her children to do?
5. Where do Tom and Dr. Lowenstein go the night after their initial meeting?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)