|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the old German priest guilt-ridden?
(a) He agreed to bless the German soldiers.
(b) He betrayed Jewish refugees hiding in his church.
(c) He refused to provide safe haven for Henry Wingo.
(d) He allows Henry to stay until he is strong enough to leave.
2. What does Ruby Blankenship offer the children?
(a) Cotton candy.
(b) Saltwater taffy.
(c) Juicy Fruit.
(d) Orange juice.
3. According to Tom, which character seems to be the most caring person in the children's lives?
(c) Papa John.
4. Who is Winthrop Ogletree?
(a) The mortician.
(b) The country sheriff.
(c) The local witch doctor.
(d) The town doctor.
5. What does Tom's wife blurt out to elicit an emotional response from Tom as they walk along the beach in Chapter One?
(a) She tells Tom that she never loved him.
(b) She begs Tom to spend more time with the children.
(c) She confesses she is having an affair.
(d) She chastises Tom for being a horrible provider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tom and Dr. Lowenstein at the start of Chapter Six?
2. Which family member does Tom admit to being the forbidden member of the Wingo clan?
3. Where does the narrative of Chapter Four take place?
4. Why might Conroy have included the scene with Tolitha's coffin in Chapter Eight?
5. What news do Tom and his family discover in Chapter One?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)