|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Tom and Dr. Lowenstein at the start of Chapter Six?
(a) They are having cocktails together.
(b) They are sharing a taxi ride.
(c) They are in a therapy session at Lowenstein's office.
(d) They are in the hospital.
2. What does Tom really think of Bernard?
(a) He thinks he is a closet homosexual.
(b) He thinks he is unhappy.
(c) He thinks he is a spoiled brat.
(d) He thinks he has a lot of athletic ability.
3. What is it about Henry Wingo that is difficult for Tom to reconcile?
(a) He does not see how the war made his father such an emotional person.
(b) He cannot understand how Tolitha and Amos created such a dangerous man.
(c) He does not know why his father loved Luke more than Tom.
(d) He does not think his father taught him anything growing up.
4. What does Tom say that Grandmother Tolitha did immediately following Papa John's death?
(a) She moved into a nursing home.
(b) She went back to Grandpa Wingo.
(c) She traveled the world until her money ran out.
(d) She became a religious fanatic.
5. What does Lila teach her children to do?
(a) She taught them to always follow their dreams.
(b) She taught them to respect nature in all its beauty.
(c) She taught them to hide their wounds with lies.
(d) She taught them to judge people based on appearances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom recount as his reason for punching Todd Newbury?
2. Dr. Lowenstein admits that she finds it strange that the Wingo family would have a subscription to _______________.
3. Why does Tom begin writing letters to South Carolina?
4. How would you describe the tone of Dr. Lowenstein when she refers to Tom as "Tom Wingo of South Carolina"?
5. How would you characterize Tom's initial behavior towards Dr. Lowenstein?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)