|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom read in the waiting room of Dr. Lowenstein's office?
(a) A magazine about childhood emotional disorders.
(b) A book of paintings reminiscent of his own childhood.
(c) A book of Savannah's poetry.
(d) A diploma of Dr. Lowenstein's hanging on the wall.
2. After producing a letter from Lila, how does Dr. Lowenstein view Tom's mother?
(a) She thinks Lila is no different than her own mother.
(b) She thinks Lila is a terrible caregiver.
(c) She thinks Lila is a concerned parent.
(d) She thinks Lila is a calculating manipulator.
3. Dr. Lowenstein admits that she finds it strange that the Wingo family would have a subscription to _______________.
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Gourmet magazine.
(d) Better Homes and Gardens.
4. Who does Dr. Lowenstein inform Tom that she has spoken with on the phone?
5. Who hatches a plan to rescue "The Amberjack's" cargo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the principal feel about Tom beating up Todd?
2. Why does Tom begin writing letters to South Carolina?
3. Which character helps "The Amberjack"?
4. How would you characterize Tom's initial behavior towards Dr. Lowenstein?
5. How much time has passed since Tom and Luke went to visit their sister in New York?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)