1. Where is Melrose Island located?
(a) Near a shipping town in North Carolina.
(b) Off the coast of South Carolina.
(c) Outside Long Island Sound.
(d) Among the Florida Keys.
2. Tom recalls a time during his________ year when he killed a bald eagle.
3. Tom's story is set against the backdrop of which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Korean War.
4. Tom describes his father as a ________.
(a) Beautiful dreamer.
(b) Kind giver.
(c) Strict disciplinarian.
(d) Frustrated artist.
5. What is the name of Tom's sister?
6. During which decade does Tom begin recalling the story of his family?
7. Tom and Savannah admittedly resent their parents because ___________.
(a) They participated in racist rallies and demonstrations.
(b) They used their children as ammunition during their own battles.
(c) They separated before the children could know their father.
(d) They refused to spend any time with the children while growing up.
This section contains 5,519 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)