|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Trumpkin to a fencing match in Chapter 8?
2. What species is Wimbleweather?
(a) A Badger.
(b) A Dwarf.
(c) A Satyr.
(d) A giant.
3. Who rows the boat as the Pevensies and Trumpkin head for Glasswater Creek?
(a) Trumpkin and Peter.
(b) Susan and Edmund.
(c) Trumpkin and Edmund.
(d) Edmund and Peter.
4. Why is Trumpkin uncomfortable from riding in the boat with the Pevensies on their journey to Caspian?
(a) He is unaccustomed to being in the sun for so long and he gets a horrible sunburn.
(b) The steering chair is made for a man, not a Dwarf, causing his feet to dangle for hours.
(c) There was no seat for him in the boat and he had to stand the entire journey, greatly fatiguing his legs.
(d) He is sore from rowing much of the way with Peter.
5. When Lucy wakes up Edmund in Chapter 10, how does he respond?
(a) She is unable to wake him.
(b) He quickly sees Aslan and jumps up to follow him.
(c) He is initially grumpy, but he believes her and agrees to help her wake the others.
(d) He bickers with her and goes back to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Peter allow Lucy to row the boat on their journey to Caspian?
2. Who is the first person (other than Lucy) to see Aslan's shadow in Chapter 11?
3. How do the Pevensies and Trumpkin cross the gorge when they get down to it in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 9, which member of the party is reduced to tears over the direction they have decided to proceed?
5. As the Pevensies and Trumpkin descend a steep trail down to the gorge in Chapter 11, which member complains the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nikabrik initially prejudice against Doctor Cornelius?
2. When Lucy goes on her solitary walk in the woods in Chapter 9; how does she describe her surroundings?
3. In Chapter 11, after Aslan gives a mighty roar what happens?
4. As Caspian awaits the council at Dancing Lawn in Chapter 7, how is his daily life different from what he is accustomed to at Miraz's castle?
5. When the Pevensies and Trumpkin fall under attack in Chapter 10 and have to retreat the way they came, how does Lucy respond?
6. What are some of the reasons that Trumpkin disbelieves Lucy's sighting of Aslan in Chapter 9?
7. Describe the great ship, Splendor Hyaline that Susan and Lucy reminisce about in Chapter 8.
8. What possible explanation does Trumpkin give for Peter's lack of recognition of the landscape on their journey in Chapter 9?
9. What does Peter say to Aslan in Chapter 11, once he is able to see him?
10. Describe the terrain the Pevensies and Trumpkin travel over near the gorge of the Rush in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)