|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Trumpkin uncomfortable from riding in the boat with the Pevensies on their journey to Caspian?
(a) He is unaccustomed to being in the sun for so long and he gets a horrible sunburn.
(b) The steering chair is made for a man, not a Dwarf, causing his feet to dangle for hours.
(c) There was no seat for him in the boat and he had to stand the entire journey, greatly fatiguing his legs.
(d) He is sore from rowing much of the way with Peter.
2. When Trumpkin, Edmund and Peter reach the main cavern at Aslan's How in Chapter 12, what do they hear?
(a) Someone singing.
(b) They don't hear a single sound from within the chamber.
(c) The sounds of grief and crying.
(d) A heated argument.
3. What does the appearance of Aslan indicate to the person who sees it in Chapter 9?
(a) A place the party should avoid.
(b) Aslan's appearance does not indicate anything.
(c) The direction the party should go.
(d) His appearance is a warning of enemies approaching.
4. As Lucy gets up and goes for a walk away from the others in Chapter 9, what is the first sound she hears?
(a) The trees whispering.
(b) The song of a nightengale.
(c) Susan calling her back.
(d) The sound of a large animal.
5. Which of the following is not one of the Narnian star constellations that Lucy recognizes the night they stay on Glasswater Creek shore?
(a) The Ship.
(b) The Bear.
(c) The Leopard.
(d) The Hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is guarding the mound when Trumpkin, Edmund, and Peter approach in Chapter 12?
2. When Aslan calls Trumpkin to him in Chapter 11, what does he do?
3. As the Pevensies and Trumpkin descend a steep trail down to the gorge in Chapter 11, which member complains the most?
4. Why do the mice become angry at Wimbleweather in Chapter 7?
5. Who steers the boat as the Pevensies and Trumpkin head for Glasswater Creek?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what reason does Aslan give Lucy for showing himself to just her first rather than making a triumphant entrance to everyone the way he did during Lucy's last sojourn in Narnia?
2. How does Susan feel when she can finally see Aslan in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 11, after Aslan gives a mighty roar what happens?
4. When the Pevensies and Trumpkin fall under attack in Chapter 10 and have to retreat the way they came, how does Lucy respond?
5. Why is Edmund an adept fencer when he faces Trumpkin in Chapter 8?
6. Why does Susan hesitate to kill the bear approaching them in Chapter 9?
7. Following the tussle in the Chapter 12 where Nikabrik and his companions attack Caspian, what is Caspian's opinion of Nikabrik?
8. What are some of the reasons that Trumpkin disbelieves Lucy's sighting of Aslan in Chapter 9?
9. What does Peter say to Aslan in Chapter 11, once he is able to see him?
10. Why is Nikabrik initially prejudice against Doctor Cornelius?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)