|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, which of Caspian's original party is still hopeful help from the horn will come?
(c) Doctor Cornelius.
2. What do the Pevensies and Trumpkin do with the victim of Trumpkin's arrow in Chapter 9?
(a) They leave the corpse and continue on their way.
(b) They clean the carcass and take the meat for a future meal.
(c) They bury the remains.
(d) They push the corpse into the creek.
3. When Lucy wakes Susan in Chapter 10, how does she respond?
(a) She gets up and begins to pack up their small camp.
(b) She ignores Lucy completely and goes back to sleep.
(c) She tells Lucy that she has been dreaming and instructs her to return to sleep.
(d) She helps Lucy wake the others.
4. In Chapter 7, as Caspian is getting ready to give his speech at the beginning of the council, what interrupts him?
(a) The late arrival of more Narnians.
(b) The arrival of Doctor Cornelius.
(c) The approach of some of Miraz's men.
(d) The arrival of the Pevensies.
5. What does everyone eat for breakfast in Chapter 12?
(a) They go without breakfast after their tussle.
(b) Stale biscuits and some sliced ham.
(c) Roots and berries.
(d) Bear meat, hard cheese and onion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aslan seem bigger to Lucy when she first sees him?
2. As the Pevensies and Trumpkin continue their journey in Chapter 9, what does Trumpkin shoot with an arrow?
3. During the tussle in Chapter 12, who saves Doctor Cornelius from being strangled?
4. What is the name of the morning star of Narnia?
5. Who is guarding the mound when Trumpkin, Edmund, and Peter approach in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the tussle in the Chapter 12 where Nikabrik and his companions attack Caspian, what is Caspian's opinion of Nikabrik?
2. In Chapter 11, as the Pevensies are considering splitting up, who does Trumpkin claim allegiance to first and foremost?
3. Describe the Hag who attends the council with Nikabrik and Caspian in Chapter 12.
4. Why is Edmund an adept fencer when he faces Trumpkin in Chapter 8?
5. As Edmund and Peter travel into the mound, what is thought provoking about the carvings on the walls?
6. What are some of the reasons that Trumpkin disbelieves Lucy's sighting of Aslan in Chapter 9?
7. In Chapter 11, after Aslan gives a mighty roar what happens?
8. Describe the great ship, Splendor Hyaline that Susan and Lucy reminisce about in Chapter 8.
9. In Chapter 10, what reason does Aslan give Lucy for showing himself to just her first rather than making a triumphant entrance to everyone the way he did during Lucy's last sojourn in Narnia?
10. What are the first words Aslan speaks to Edmund?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)