|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the appearance of Aslan indicate to the person who sees it in Chapter 9?
(a) His appearance is a warning of enemies approaching.
(b) A place the party should avoid.
(c) Aslan's appearance does not indicate anything.
(d) The direction the party should go.
2. How does Miraz learn of Caspian's flight in Chapter 7?
(a) A traitorous Narnian sends Miraz a message.
(b) Doctor Cornelius tells Miraz.
(c) Caspian's horse Destrier returns to the stables and arouses suspision.
(d) One of Miraz's guards sees Caspian's flight.
3. When Lucy wakes up Peter in Chapter 10, how does he respond?
(a) She isn't able to wake him.
(b) He berates her for waking him.
(c) He mumbles something and returns quickly to sleep.
(d) He jumps up, as if startled from a dream.
4. During the tussle in Chapter 12, who saves Doctor Cornelius from being strangled?
5. Which member of the traveling party in Chapter 9 is most skeptical about the sighting of Aslan?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy wakes Susan in Chapter 10, how does she respond?
2. Who gives Trumpkin the nickname D.L.F.?
3. Which is the last member of the Pevenises to see Aslan in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 11, as the Pevensies contemplate splitting up the party, who does Trumpkin plan on following?
5. What rare bird to Trumpkin and Peter spot on their journey in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sound of Susan's horn as mentioned by Trumpkin in Chapter 8.
2. What are the first words Aslan speaks to Edmund?
3. In Chapter 11, after Aslan gives a mighty roar what happens?
4. Why is Nikabrik initially prejudice against Doctor Cornelius?
5. Describe the terrain the Pevensies and Trumpkin travel over near the gorge of the Rush in Chapter 10?
6. What possible explanation does Trumpkin give for Peter's lack of recognition of the landscape on their journey in Chapter 9?
7. When Lucy goes on her solitary walk in the woods in Chapter 9; how does she describe her surroundings?
8. When the Pevensies and Trumpkin fall under attack in Chapter 10 and have to retreat the way they came, how does Lucy respond?
9. Describe Aslan's How as it is related in Chapter 7.
10. Following the tussle in the Chapter 12 where Nikabrik and his companions attack Caspian, what is Caspian's opinion of Nikabrik?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)