Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why are all of the Pevensie children feeling gloomy?
2. Describe the first impression the children have of the island as described in Chapter 1.
3. In Chapter 1, which Pevensie child tries to persuade the others to save their sandwiches and why?
4. Describe the Pevensie children's first impression of the castle ruins on the island.
5. Why is Susan sad after they find the chessman in the castle ruins?
6. Describe the treasure room as the Pevensie children find it in Chapter 2.
7. Why is Susan's horn not in the treasure room in Chapter 2?
8. What do the Pevensie children find to the worst part of sleeping out of doors in Chapter 3?
9. Describe the appearance of the soldiers in Chapter 3.
10. Describe the appearance of the Dwarf, as described in Chapter 3.
11. In Chapter 3, why is the Dwarf initially apprehensive about the island, woods, and ruins?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)