Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1-3
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why are all of the Pevensie children feeling gloomy?
2. Describe the first impression the children have of the island as described in Chapter 1.
3. In Chapter 1, which Pevensie child tries to persuade the others to save their sandwiches and why?
4. Describe the Pevensie children's first impression of the castle ruins on the island.
5. Why is Susan sad after they find the chessman in the castle ruins?
6. Describe the treasure room as...
This section contains 955 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)