|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
2. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
3. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
4. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
5. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
2. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
3. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
4. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
5. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
6. What is the only thing Elizabeth can think about in her last few days in Hunsford?
7. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
8. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
9. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
10. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Elizabeth learn about herself from her confrontations with Lady Catherine, and how did these interactions cause her to change?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)