|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
2. Who has Lydia eloped with?
3. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
4. What does Lady Catherine complain about while Elizabeth is dining with her after her nephews leave?
5. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
2. Who is Mrs. Forster?
3. What is the only thing Elizabeth can think about in her last few days in Hunsford?
4. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
5. Who does Elizabeth have to constantly send more money to after she and Mr. Darcy are married?
6. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
7. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
8. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
9. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
10. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Wickham's foolhardy and arrogant nature wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 3
There are two basic and obvious themes in this book, pride and prejudice. What is the difference between the two, and where in the book do these themes appear?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)