|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
3. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
4. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
5. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not speak to each other when he comes to dine at Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
2. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
3. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
4. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
5. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
6. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
7. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
8. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
9. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
10. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book and is presented a variety of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Jane endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Jane learn through these experiences?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)