|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
2. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
3. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
4. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
5. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
2. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
3. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
4. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
5. What is the only thing Elizabeth can think about in her last few days in Hunsford?
6. Who is Mrs. Forster?
7. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
8. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
9. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
10. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Elizabeth receives three different proposals during the course of this book. Describe each of these events, as well as the reasons for Elizabeth's responses to them. How do these proposals each affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is an emotion that reared it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoked this emotion, and how did they respond to their jealous tendencies? How did these instances affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)