|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
2. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
3. What does Mr. Wickham try to convince Elizabeth of after he has married Lydia?
4. Where does Georgiana make her permanent home after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are married?
5. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
2. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
3. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
4. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
5. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
6. What is the only thing Elizabeth can think about in her last few days in Hunsford?
7. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
8. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
9. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
10. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lady Catherine DeBourgh and Mrs. Bennet are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Austen was trying to send with these two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jane Austen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)