|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
2. Who has Lydia eloped with?
3. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
4. Why does Mr. Collins and his wife choose to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
5. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
2. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
3. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
4. Who is Mrs. Forster?
5. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
6. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
7. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
8. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
9. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
10. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy is an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly-guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)