|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Wickham try to convince Elizabeth of after he has married Lydia?
2. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
3. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
4. What secret guest was at Lydia's wedding that she lets slip to Elizabeth?
5. Who sends a letter to Mr. Bennet congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
2. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
3. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not speak to each other when he comes to dine at Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
4. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
5. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
6. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
7. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
8. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
9. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
10. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Elizabeth learn about herself from her confrontations with Lady Catherine, and how did these interactions cause her to change?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
How do Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)