|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bingley come to Longbourn to visit with a few days after dining there?
2. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
3. Who visits Elizabeth while Charlotte and Maria are in town without her?
4. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
5. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
2. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
3. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
4. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not speak to each other when he comes to dine at Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
5. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
6. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
7. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
8. Who does Elizabeth have to constantly send more money to after she and Mr. Darcy are married?
9. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
10. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of marrying well was a very intense responsibility in the times of this book. Where did this theme of marrying well take place in this book, and how did it affect some of the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What did Elizabeth learn about herself from her confrontations with Lady Catherine, and how did these interactions cause her to change?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book and is presented a variety of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)