|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
2. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
3. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
4. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
5. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
2. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
3. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
4. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
5. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
6. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
7. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
8. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
9. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
10. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Lady Catherine DeBourgh was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Lady Catherine had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)