|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
2. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
3. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
4. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
5. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
2. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
3. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
4. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
5. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
6. Who is Mrs. Forster?
7. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
8. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
9. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
10. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is an emotion that reared it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoked this emotion, and how did they respond to their jealous tendencies? How did these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Lady Catherine DeBourgh was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Lady Catherine had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book and is presented a variety of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)