|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth commonly run in to on her long walks through Rosings Park?
2. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
3. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
4. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
5. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
2. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
3. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
4. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
5. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
6. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
7. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
8. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
9. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
10. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jane Austen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)