|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
2. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
3. Who invites Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
4. What does Mrs. Bennet say repeatedly that Jane will die of?
5. Who is Mr. Darcy anxious for Elizabeth to meet after meeting her in Derbyshire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth receives three different proposals during the course of this book. Describe each of these events, as well as the reasons for Elizabeth's responses to them. How do these proposals each affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)