|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose behind the surprise visit to Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
2. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
3. What does Elizabeth think after reading her letter from Darcy the first time?
4. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
5. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
Essay Topic 1
Secrecy is an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly-guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)