|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Elizabeth back to Longbourn?
2. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
3. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
4. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
5. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
2. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
3. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
4. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
5. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
6. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
7. Who is Mrs. Forster?
8. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
9. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
10. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are two basic and obvious themes in this book, pride and prejudice. What is the difference between the two, and where in the book do these themes appear?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)