|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
2. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
3. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
4. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
5. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
2. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
3. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
4. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
5. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
6. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
7. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
8. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
9. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
10. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What did Elizabeth learn about herself from her confrontations with Lady Catherine, and how did these interactions cause her to change?
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is an emotion that reared it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoked this emotion, and how did they respond to their jealous tendencies? How did these instances affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)