Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
2. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
3. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
4. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
5. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
3. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
4. What is the only thing Elizabeth can think about in her last few days in Hunsford?
5. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
6. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
7. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
8. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
9. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
10. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
Secrecy is an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly-guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Jealousy is an emotion that reared it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoked this emotion, and how did they respond to their jealous tendencies? How did these instances affect the plot of the book?
How do Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)