|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
2. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
3. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
4. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
5. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
2. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
3. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
4. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
5. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
6. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
7. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
8. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
9. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
10. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)