|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
2. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
4. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
5. How much money does Darcy make every year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
3. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
4. Who does Elizabeth have to constantly send more money to after she and Mr. Darcy are married?
5. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
6. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
7. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
8. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
9. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
10. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not speak to each other when he comes to dine at Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Wickham's foolhardy and arrogant nature wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 2
Jane endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Jane learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jane Austen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)