|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
2. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
3. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
4. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
5. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
2. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
3. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
4. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
5. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
6. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
7. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts the proposal from Mr. Collins?
8. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
9. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
10. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
There are two basic and obvious themes in this book, pride and prejudice. What is the difference between the two, and where in the book do these themes appear?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)