|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
3. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
4. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
5. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
2. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
3. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
4. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
5. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
6. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
7. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
8. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
9. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts the proposal from Mr. Collins?
10. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Lady Catherine DeBourgh was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Lady Catherine had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)