|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
2. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
3. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
4. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
5. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
2. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
3. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
4. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
5. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
6. Why does Elizabeth send for her mother to come to Netherfield after her first day there with Jane?
7. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
8. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
9. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
10. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)