|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
2. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
3. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
4. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
5. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
2. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
3. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
4. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
5. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
6. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
7. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
8. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
9. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
10. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Jane endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does Jane learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Wickham's foolhardy and arrogant nature wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)