|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
4. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
5. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
2. Why does Elizabeth send for her mother to come to Netherfield after her first day there with Jane?
3. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts the proposal from Mr. Collins?
4. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
5. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
6. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
7. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
8. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
9. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
10. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Wickham's foolhardy and arrogant nature wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 2
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jane Austen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)