|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
2. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
3. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
4. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
5. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
2. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
3. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
4. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
5. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
6. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
7. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
8. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
9. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
10. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Wickham's foolhardy and arrogant nature wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 2
How do Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth receives three different proposals during the course of this book. Describe each of these events, as well as the reasons for Elizabeth's responses to them. How do these proposals each affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)