|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
4. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
5. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
2. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
3. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
4. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
5. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
6. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
7. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
8. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
9. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
10. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 1
The concept of marrying well was a very intense responsibility in the times of this book. Where did this theme of marrying well take place in this book, and how did it affect some of the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book and is presented a variety of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)