|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
4. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
5. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
2. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
3. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
4. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
5. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
6. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
7. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
8. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
9. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
10. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book and is presented a variety of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)