|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
2. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
3. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
4. How does Elizabeth describe her first reaction to Lady Catherine?
5. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
2. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
3. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
4. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
5. Why does Elizabeth send for her mother to come to Netherfield after her first day there with Jane?
6. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
7. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
8. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
9. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
10. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Wickham's foolhardy and arrogant nature wreaked havoc throughout the entire book. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book and is presented a variety of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What did Elizabeth learn about herself from her confrontations with Lady Catherine, and how did these interactions cause her to change?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)