|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
2. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
5. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
2. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
3. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
4. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
5. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
6. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
7. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
8. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
9. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
10. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book and is presented a variety of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy is an extremely important theme of this book. What were some of the most highly-guarded secrets, and how did these secrets affect those who were a part of them? Is secrecy a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)