|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
3. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
4. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
5. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
2. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
3. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
4. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
5. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
6. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
7. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
8. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
9. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
10. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jane Austen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)