|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
2. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
3. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
4. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
5. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
2. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
3. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
4. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
5. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
6. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
7. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
8. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
10. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Lady Catherine DeBourgh and Mrs. Bennet are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Austen was trying to send with these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
What did Elizabeth learn about herself from her confrontations with Lady Catherine, and how did these interactions cause her to change?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)