|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 1,200 pounds.
2. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(a) Explains why he left her.
3. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
4. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is proud.
5. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
(a) His lack of discipline.
(b) His poor choice in a wife.
(c) His sarcastic nature.
(d) His forward remarks in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
2. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
3. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
4. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
5. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)