|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
(a) To further his business.
(b) To sell his house.
(c) To attend the balls of the season.
(d) To enjoy the hunting season.
2. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She was too level-headed.
(b) She allowed her mother to act foolishly.
(c) She told Mr. Darcy.
(d) She did not help her father find the couple.
3. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
4. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is worried about Jane.
(b) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(c) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(d) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
5. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
(b) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
(c) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
(d) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
2. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
3. Who accompanies Elizabeth back to Longbourn?
4. Who invites Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
5. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)