|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(b) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(c) She is worried about Jane.
(d) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
2. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
3. Who does Elizabeth commonly run in to on her long walks through Rosings Park?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Lord Lucas.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
4. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
5. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
(a) She fears it will hurt his sister's feelings to hear of it.
(b) She knows he is related to Denny and this will make him look bad as well.
(c) She fears he will no longer respect her.
(d) She knows Wickham has hurt his family as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
2. What does Darcy offer Mr. Gardiner at his house that gives Mr. Gardiner great pleasure?
3. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
4. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
5. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
2. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
3. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
4. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
5. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
6. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
7. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
8. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
9. Who does Elizabeth have to constantly send more money to after she and Mr. Darcy are married?
10. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)