|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
(a) She knows Wickham has hurt his family as well.
(b) She fears he will no longer respect her.
(c) She knows he is related to Denny and this will make him look bad as well.
(d) She fears it will hurt his sister's feelings to hear of it.
2. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) 11,000 pounds.
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(c) 15,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
3. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She told Mr. Darcy.
(b) She was too level-headed.
(c) She allowed her mother to act foolishly.
(d) She did not help her father find the couple.
4. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(d) Explains why he left her.
5. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
2. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
3. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
4. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
5. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
2. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
3. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
4. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
5. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
6. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
7. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
8. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
9. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
10. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)