|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
(a) Being so kind to Lydia after her repulsive behavior.
(b) Leaving her company so soon.
(c) Not recognizing Darcy's feelings for her.
(d) Turning down Mr. Collins's proposal.
2. How long does Elizabeth cry after her visitor leaves while she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) 2 and a half hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Half an hour.
3. What is Elizabeth thinking of as she tours the grounds at Mr. Darcy's estate?
(a) She might love Darcy after all.
(b) She had no idea Darcy was this rich.
(c) She could have been mistress there.
(d) She is glad she refused Darcy's offer.
4. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
5. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Lydia eloped with?
2. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
3. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
4. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
5. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
2. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
3. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
4. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
5. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
6. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
7. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
8. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
9. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
10. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)