|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jane's reaction to the news that Elizabeth and Darcy are engaged?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She cannot believe it.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is incredibly happy.
2. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
(b) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
(c) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
(d) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
3. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
(a) To attend the balls of the season.
(b) To sell his house.
(c) To further his business.
(d) To enjoy the hunting season.
4. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He is worried about Jane.
(b) He is happy to have her home.
(c) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(d) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
5. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
2. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
3. What does Mr. Wickham try to convince Elizabeth of after he has married Lydia?
4. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
5. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
3. Who is Mrs. Forster?
4. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
5. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
6. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
7. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
8. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
9. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
10. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)