|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
2. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(b) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(c) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
(d) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
3. Why is Darcy so surprised by what Elizabeth thanks him for on their walk together?
(a) He did not think many people valued true honesty.
(b) He feels that he has not been very patient at all.
(c) He does not think he has been a very good friend.
(d) He did not think she knew of his assistance in Lydia's wedding.
4. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
5. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
(a) Her poor dowry.
(b) Her subdued nature.
(c) Her family's course manners.
(d) Her earlier refusal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
2. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
3. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
4. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
5. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
3. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
4. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
5. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
6. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
7. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
8. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
9. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
10. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)