|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Her love for him.
(b) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
(c) His gentlemanly nature.
(d) His quick sense of humor.
2. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 1,200 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
3. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is proud.
4. What is the name of Mr. Darcy's home?
5. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Gave it to debt collectors.
(b) Gambled it away.
(c) Squander it.
(d) Paid for law school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
2. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
3. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
4. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
5. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
3. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
4. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
5. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
6. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
7. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
8. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
9. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
10. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)