|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Mr. Bennet congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement?
(a) Georgiana Darcy.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
2. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Gardiner.
3. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His continued friendship.
(c) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
(d) His patience with her family.
4. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
5. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
(b) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(c) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(d) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
2. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
3. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
4. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
5. What secret guest was at Lydia's wedding that she lets slip to Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
2. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
3. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
4. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
5. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
6. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
7. Who is Mrs. Forster?
8. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
9. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
10. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)