|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
(a) His poor choice in a wife.
(b) His lack of discipline.
(c) His forward remarks in public.
(d) His sarcastic nature.
2. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Lady Catherine.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
3. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
(a) Elizabeth has publicly insulted Lady Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Elizabeth is secretly married to Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Elizabeth has insulted the Darcy family.
(d) Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged.
4. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
(d) Caroline Bingley.
5. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
2. What does Bingley do with Mr. Bennet on his second visit to Longbourn after dining there?
3. What surprise visitor does Elizabeth receive a few days after Jane's engagement?
4. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
5. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
2. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
3. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
4. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
5. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
6. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
7. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
8. Who is Mrs. Forster?
9. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
10. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)