|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jane's reaction to the news that Elizabeth and Darcy are engaged?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is incredibly happy.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She cannot believe it.
2. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(c) Lady Catherine.
(d) Caroline Bingley.
3. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mrs. Forster.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
4. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Gardiner.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
5. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
(b) Avoidance of Lady Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
2. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
3. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
4. What secret guest was at Lydia's wedding that she lets slip to Elizabeth?
5. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
2. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
3. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
4. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
5. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
6. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
7. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
8. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
9. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
10. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)