|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
(a) Debating religion with Mr. Collins.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading a book.
2. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
3. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1,200 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
4. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
(a) She tries to be like Mary instead of Lydia.
(b) She is never allowed to associate with Lydia.
(c) She marries a fine young man.
(d) She is sent away to a boarding school.
5. What is the name of Mr. Darcy's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
2. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
3. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
4. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
5. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
2. What is the only reason Elizabeth agrees to tour Pemberley while she is in Derbyshire with the Gardiners?
3. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
4. Who is Mrs. Forster?
5. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
6. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
7. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
8. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
9. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
10. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)