|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
(a) They thought he was sleeping.
(b) The housekeeper told them he was away.
(c) They were told he was busy hunting on the grounds.
(d) They were sure he was still in Brighton.
2. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
(a) Debating religion with Mr. Collins.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Writing a letter.
3. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(c) Lady Catherine.
(d) Caroline Bingley.
4. Who sends a letter to Mr. Bennet congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement?
(a) Georgiana Darcy.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Caroline Bingley.
5. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
2. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
3. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
4. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
5. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
2. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
3. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
4. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
5. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
6. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
7. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
8. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
9. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
10. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)