|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Elizabeth read her letter from Darcy?
2. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
3. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
4. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
(b) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(c) For winning Darcy's affections.
(d) For not falling for Wickham.
5. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennet say repeatedly that Jane will die of?
2. What is Jane's reaction to the news that Elizabeth and Darcy are engaged?
3. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
4. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
5. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
2. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
3. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
4. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
5. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
6. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
7. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
8. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
9. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
10. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)