|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
(b) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
(d) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
2. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He is a younger son.
(b) He has no fortune.
(c) He cares not for romance.
(d) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
3. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
(a) In Brighton.
(b) In the far north.
(c) In Derbyshire.
(d) In Meryton.
4. Who is Mr. Darcy anxious for Elizabeth to meet after meeting her in Derbyshire?
5. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He is happy to have her home.
(b) He is worried about Jane.
(c) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(d) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
2. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
3. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
4. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
5. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
2. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
3. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
4. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
5. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
6. Who does Elizabeth have to constantly send more money to after she and Mr. Darcy are married?
7. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
8. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
9. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
10. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)