|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mrs. Forster.
2. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
3. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
(b) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
(c) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
4. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
(a) She is a disgrace to her family.
(b) She is better off dead.
(c) She found a good man.
(d) She is lucky to be the first daughter married.
5. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
2. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
3. What does Lydia tell her sisters to do if they want to find husbands for themselves?
4. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
5. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
2. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
3. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
4. Who does Elizabeth have to constantly send more money to after she and Mr. Darcy are married?
5. What does Lydia do the entire time she is staying at Longbourn after her hasty marriage?
6. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
7. What is the only thing Elizabeth can think about in her last few days in Hunsford?
8. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
9. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
10. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)