|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(b) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
(c) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
(d) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
2. Why is Darcy so surprised by what Elizabeth thanks him for on their walk together?
(a) He feels that he has not been very patient at all.
(b) He does not think he has been a very good friend.
(c) He did not think she knew of his assistance in Lydia's wedding.
(d) He did not think many people valued true honesty.
3. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She is relieved to know the truth.
(b) She is sad for Elizabeth.
(c) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(d) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
4. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
(a) Mr. Gardiner.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
5. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Admiral Filkham.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jane's reaction to the news that Elizabeth and Darcy are engaged?
2. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
3. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
4. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
5. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
2. What does Caroline start to do the moment that Elizabeth leaves Pemberley after returning Georgiana's visit to her?
3. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
4. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
5. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
6. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
7. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
8. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
9. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
10. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)