|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She allowed her mother to act foolishly.
(b) She did not help her father find the couple.
(c) She told Mr. Darcy.
(d) She was too level-headed.
2. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Admiral Filkham.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
3. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
(a) She is too high a rank to call on Elizabeth.
(b) It is unannounced.
(c) Lady Catherine never travels.
(d) She is on horseback instead of in a carriage.
4. How many times does Elizabeth read her letter from Darcy?
5. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(b) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(c) She is worried about Jane.
(d) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
2. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
3. Who visits Elizabeth often at her new home with Mr. Darcy?
4. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
5. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth have to constantly send more money to after she and Mr. Darcy are married?
2. What does Mr. Collins express in his letter to Mr. Bennet after he hears about Lydia's elopement?
3. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
4. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
5. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
6. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not speak to each other when he comes to dine at Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
7. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
8. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
9. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
10. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)