|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
2. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is rude.
3. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(b) She is sad for Elizabeth.
(c) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
(d) She is relieved to know the truth.
4. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Admiral Filkham.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
5. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
(a) It is unannounced.
(b) Lady Catherine never travels.
(c) She is too high a rank to call on Elizabeth.
(d) She is on horseback instead of in a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
2. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
3. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
4. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
5. Who is Mr. Darcy anxious for Elizabeth to meet after meeting her in Derbyshire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
2. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
3. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
4. Who is Mrs. Forster?
5. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
6. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
7. Where does Lydia want her father to take the whole family to spend the summer?
8. What does Mr. Darcy do as he walks with Elizabeth after hearing about her confrontation with Lady Catherine?
9. What kind of affection does Elizabeth witness between Mr. Bingley and Georgiana when they all visit her at the inn in Derbyshire?
10. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)