|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Walking about the room.
(c) Trying to talk to Darcy.
2. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
(a) Read a sermon.
(b) Play the piano.
(d) Recite some scripture.
3. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 20,000 pounds.
4. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
(a) Sergeant Fillmore.
(b) Senator Fanghorn.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Admiral Filkham.
5. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A request to hunt on their lands.
(b) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(c) A proposal of marriage.
(d) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
2. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the name of Lady Catherine's house?
5. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
2. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
3. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
4. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
5. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
6. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
7. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
8. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
9. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
10. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)