|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
2. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Listens to Mr. Collins.
(b) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(c) Reads sermons.
(d) Observes the odd tension in the family.
3. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Dr. Craven.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
4. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Senator Fanghorn.
(c) Sergeant Fillmore.
(d) Admiral Filkham.
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
2. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
3. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
4. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
5. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
2. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
3. Why does Elizabeth send for her mother to come to Netherfield after her first day there with Jane?
4. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
5. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
6. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
7. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
8. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
9. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
10. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)