|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
(a) Long talks and long walks.
(b) Writing letters to Jane.
(d) Discussing religious matters with Mr. Collins.
2. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) Through trade.
(b) His law firm.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) The sale of a great property.
3. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) Too many people heard it.
(b) He seemed to truly mean it.
(c) He wounded her pride.
(d) He did not dance with her.
4. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She walks.
(b) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(c) She takes a carriage.
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(d) She is upset and dislikes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
2. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
3. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
4. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
5. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
2. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
3. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
4. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
5. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
6. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
7. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
8. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
9. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
10. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)