|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
(a) The post office.
(b) Their aunt's house.
(d) The regiment office.
2. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 50,000 pounds.
3. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her intelligence and wit.
(b) Her docility and tenderness.
(c) Her polite regard of his status.
(d) Her quick temper.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(b) She confronts him about it.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She plans to take vengeance on him.
5. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(b) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(c) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
(d) Mr. Collins proposes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
2. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
3. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
4. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
5. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
2. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
3. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
4. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
5. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
6. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
7. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
8. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
9. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
10. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)