|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Mr. Bingley's absence, and Charlotte's engagement.
(b) Lydia's constant prattling.
(c) Mary's poor piano playing.
(d) Mr. Bennet's sarcastic remarks.
2. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Senator Fanghorn.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Admiral Filkham.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
3. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
4. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
(a) Read a book with her.
(b) Join in a debate.
(c) Play a card game.
(d) Walk about the room.
5. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Trying to talk to Darcy.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Walking about the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
2. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
3. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
4. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
5. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
2. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
3. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
4. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
5. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
6. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
7. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
8. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
9. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
10. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)