|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(b) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(c) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
2. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(b) Reads sermons.
(c) Listens to Mr. Collins.
(d) Observes the odd tension in the family.
3. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
4. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She commends him for his choice.
(b) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
5. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her unmarried daughters.
(b) Her husband's unkindness.
(c) Her poor match.
(d) Her nerves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
2. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
3. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
4. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
5. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Catherine come to Longbourn to speak with Elizabeth?
2. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
3. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
4. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
5. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
6. Why does Mr. Collins come to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged?
7. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about her proposal from Mr. Darcy?
8. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
9. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
10. What does Charlotte attribute all of Mr. Darcy's visits to Elizabeth to?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)