|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) Another conversation.
(c) A dance.
(d) A game of whist.
2. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
(b) Their aunt's house.
(c) The post office.
(d) The regiment office.
3. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
4. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(c) Militia officer.
5. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
(b) Never returns her visits while in London.
(c) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
(d) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
2. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
3. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
5. How much money does Darcy make every year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
2. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
3. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
4. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
5. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
6. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts the proposal from Mr. Collins?
7. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
8. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
9. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
10. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)