|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
(a) To not allow her sister to wallow in despair over lost love that never was.
(b) To not be like her mother.
(c) To never listen to the gossip of the town.
(d) To not fall in love with Mr. Wickham.
2. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) Through trade.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) The sale of a great property.
(d) His law firm.
3. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
(a) The regiment office.
(b) The post office.
(c) Their aunt's house.
4. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) Since infancy.
5. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Darcy and Bingley.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
2. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
3. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
4. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
5. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
2. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
3. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
4. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
5. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
6. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
7. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
8. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
9. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
10. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)