|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Ms. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
2. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
(a) Tries to find a new profession.
(b) Leave for home.
(c) Propose to Charlotte.
(d) Writes to Lady DeBourgh for advice.
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her poor match.
(b) Her unmarried daughters.
(c) Her husband's unkindness.
(d) Her nerves.
4. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(b) He was sent away on business.
(c) He does not dance well.
(d) He was sick.
5. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Never returns her visits while in London.
(b) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
(c) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
(d) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
2. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
3. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
4. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
5. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
2. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
3. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
4. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
5. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
6. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
7. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
8. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
9. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
10. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)