|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
(a) Leave for home.
(b) Propose to Charlotte.
(c) Tries to find a new profession.
(d) Writes to Lady DeBourgh for advice.
2. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Blushes and cries.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
(d) Chides him publicly.
3. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(b) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(c) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(d) It falls dark faster than expected.
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
5. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Lord Faltwater.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
2. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
3. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
4. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
5. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
2. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
4. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
5. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
6. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
7. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
8. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
9. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
10. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)