|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) A regiment of soldiers.
(b) The Bingleys.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) The royal family.
2. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(b) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(c) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her poor match.
(b) Her unmarried daughters.
(c) Her nerves.
(d) Her husband's unkindness.
4. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
(a) To not allow her sister to wallow in despair over lost love that never was.
(b) To never listen to the gossip of the town.
(c) To not fall in love with Mr. Wickham.
(d) To not be like her mother.
5. What is the name of Lady Catherine's house?
(c) Rose Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
2. How much money does Darcy make every year?
3. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
4. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
5. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth feel that sympathy is not due towards Charlotte for her bad choice of a husband?
2. Who asked Lydia to keep his presence at her wedding a secret?
3. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
4. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
5. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
6. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
7. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
8. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
9. Who is the first person that Elizabeth tells about Lydia's elopement?
10. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)