|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(b) He wants his house to himself again.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He is becoming too fond of her.
2. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Her father.
(d) Lady DeBourgh.
3. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Mary and Kitty.
(b) Lydia and Jane.
(c) Jane and Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth and Mary.
4. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Mr. Bingley's absence, and Charlotte's engagement.
(b) Mr. Bennet's sarcastic remarks.
(c) Mary's poor piano playing.
(d) Lydia's constant prattling.
5. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(b) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(c) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
2. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
3. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
4. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
5. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
2. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
3. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
4. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
5. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
6. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
7. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
8. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
9. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
10. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)