|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Once a fortnight.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a week.
2. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(b) He does not dance well.
(c) He was sent away on business.
(d) He was sick.
3. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Lydia and Jane.
(b) Elizabeth and Mary.
(c) Mary and Kitty.
(d) Jane and Elizabeth.
4. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
5. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Blushes and cries.
(c) Chides him publicly.
(d) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
2. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
3. What is the name of Lady Catherine's house?
4. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
2. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
3. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
5. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
6. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
7. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
8. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
9. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
10. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)