|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Returns to his home a week before expected.
(b) Sleeps in.
(c) Proposes to Elizabeth.
(d) Wakes up in a drunken frenzy.
2. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) A wife.
(b) A job.
(c) More money.
(d) A loving neighbor.
3. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
4. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He wants his house to himself again.
(b) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He is becoming too fond of her.
5. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(c) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
2. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
3. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
4. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
5. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth look forward to after Lydia leaves to Brighton?
2. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
3. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
4. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
5. What is the only thing Elizabeth can think about in her last few days in Hunsford?
6. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
7. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not speak to each other when he comes to dine at Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
8. What is the first thing that Mrs. Bennet does the minute she hears that Lydia is to be married?
9. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
10. Why does Elizabeth think Mr. Darcy was so quiet when he first came with Mr. Bingley to visit Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)