|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
(a) To not allow her sister to wallow in despair over lost love that never was.
(b) To not be like her mother.
(c) To not fall in love with Mr. Wickham.
(d) To never listen to the gossip of the town.
2. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(a) Militia officer.
3. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A game of whist.
(b) Another conversation.
(d) A dance.
4. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(b) He wants his house to himself again.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He is becoming too fond of her.
5. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(b) The sisters, all equally.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
(d) Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
2. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
3. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
4. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
5. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
2. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
3. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
4. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
5. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
6. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
7. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
8. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
9. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
10. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)