|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
2. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her intelligence and wit.
(b) Her polite regard of his status.
(c) Her docility and tenderness.
(d) Her quick temper.
3. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
4. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Returns to his home a week before expected.
(b) Sleeps in.
(c) Wakes up in a drunken frenzy.
(d) Proposes to Elizabeth.
5. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
(a) To not allow her sister to wallow in despair over lost love that never was.
(b) To not fall in love with Mr. Wickham.
(c) To not be like her mother.
(d) To never listen to the gossip of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
2. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
3. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
4. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
5. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts the proposal from Mr. Collins?
2. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
3. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
4. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
5. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
6. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
7. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
8. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
9. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
10. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)