|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Collins.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Lady Lucas.
(d) Lady De Bourgh.
2. How does Elizabeth describe her first reaction to Lady Catherine?
(a) Large and haughty.
(b) Proud and loud.
(c) Shrewd and arrogant.
(d) Thin and sickly.
3. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
4. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Reads sermons.
(b) Observes the odd tension in the family.
(c) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(d) Listens to Mr. Collins.
5. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Mr. Bennet's sarcastic remarks.
(b) Lydia's constant prattling.
(c) Mary's poor piano playing.
(d) Mr. Bingley's absence, and Charlotte's engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
4. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
5. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bennet so amused by Mr. Collins' letter to him congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. Who does Elizabeth keep running into on her rambles through Rosings Park?
3. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
4. What does Elizabeth do to become her mother's favorite daughter?
5. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
6. What is the most shocking part about Lydia and Mr. Wickham running away together?
7. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
8. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not speak to each other when he comes to dine at Longbourn after Lydia's marriage?
9. What reason did Mr. Darcy give Mr. Gardiner for insisting on financing the marriage between Mr. Wickham and Lydia?
10. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)