|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(b) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins proposes.
(d) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
2. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
3. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(b) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
(c) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(d) She is sure both parties are deceived.
4. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
(a) One hour.
(b) Until the end of his origianlly planned visit.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One day.
5. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Elizabeth and Mary.
(b) Mary and Kitty.
(c) Lydia and Jane.
(d) Jane and Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
2. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
3. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
2. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
3. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
4. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
5. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
6. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
7. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
8. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
9. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
10. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)