|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mr. Collins.
2. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(b) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
(c) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Collins proposes.
3. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her polite regard of his status.
(b) Her docility and tenderness.
(c) Her intelligence and wit.
(d) Her quick temper.
4. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) A regiment of soldiers.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) The Bingleys.
(d) The royal family.
5. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) Since infancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
2. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
3. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
4. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
5. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
2. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
3. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
5. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
6. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
7. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
8. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
9. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
10. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)