|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Admiral Filkham.
(d) Senator Fanghorn.
2. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A game of whist.
(b) Another conversation.
(c) A dance.
3. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Peppers her with questions.
(b) Demeans her family.
(c) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
(d) Instructs her in proper attire.
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is upset and dislikes him.
(c) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(d) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
5. How long is Charlotte Lucas' engagement?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
2. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
3. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
4. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
5. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
2. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
3. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
4. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
5. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
6. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
7. What does Charlotte say to Elizabeth to defend her choice to marry Mr. Collins?
8. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts the proposal from Mr. Collins?
9. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
10. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)