|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Asks her to dance.
(c) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(d) Show attention to Lydia.
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(c) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(d) They are all females.
3. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Blushes and cries.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
(d) Chides him publicly.
4. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
5. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jane spend the second half of the winter?
2. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
2. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
4. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
5. What does Jane's upsetting letter from Netherfield say after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
6. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
7. Why does Elizabeth send for her mother to come to Netherfield after her first day there with Jane?
8. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
9. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
10. Which of the Bennet sisters does Caroline Bingley want to form a relationship with just after meeting them?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)