|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
(a) Propose to Charlotte.
(b) Tries to find a new profession.
(c) Writes to Lady DeBourgh for advice.
(d) Leave for home.
2. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
(a) Join in a debate.
(b) Walk about the room.
(c) Play a card game.
(d) Read a book with her.
3. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A game of whist.
(c) A dance.
(d) Another conversation.
4. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
(b) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
(c) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
(d) Never returns her visits while in London.
5. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
2. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
3. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
4. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
5. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
2. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
3. Who is Mr. Darcy supposedly betrothed to?
4. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
5. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
6. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
7. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
8. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
9. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
10. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)