|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jane spend the second half of the winter?
2. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(b) She commends him for his choice.
(c) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
3. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Denny and Wickham.
(c) Charlotte and Caroline.
(d) Bingley and Darcy.
4. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(b) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(c) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(d) It falls dark faster than expected.
5. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
(a) Tries to find a new profession.
(b) Leave for home.
(c) Propose to Charlotte.
(d) Writes to Lady DeBourgh for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
2. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
3. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
4. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
2. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
3. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
4. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
5. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
6. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
7. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
9. Why does Elizabeth send for her mother to come to Netherfield after her first day there with Jane?
10. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)