|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is upset and dislikes him.
(c) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(d) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
2. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) Until the end of his origianlly planned visit.
3. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
4. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He was sent away on business.
(c) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(d) He does not dance well.
5. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(c) The sisters, all equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
2. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
3. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
4. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
5. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
2. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
3. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
4. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
5. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
6. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
7. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
8. Who does Elizabeth meet in Meryton during a walk with her sisters that takes her fancy almost immediately?
9. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
10. How does Charlotte seem to deal with the constant stupidity of her husband?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)