|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
2. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Demeans her family.
(b) Instructs her in proper attire.
(c) Peppers her with questions.
(d) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
3. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
4. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He does not dance well.
(b) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(c) He was sent away on business.
(d) He was sick.
5. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A game of whist.
(b) A dance.
(d) Another conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
2. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
3. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
4. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
5. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's response to Mr. Collins' proposal for marriage?
2. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
3. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
4. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
5. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
6. Why does Jane arrive at Netherfield completely drenched when she comes to dine with Caroline Bingley?
7. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
8. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
9. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
10. What does Mrs. Bennet brag about the day after the first meeting with Mr. Bingley?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)