|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
2. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is upset and dislikes him.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(d) She is scared and feels intimidated.
3. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(b) She cries and runs away.
(c) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(d) She confronts him about it.
4. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Caroline Bingley.
(b) Charlotte Lucas.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
5. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
(b) Writing letters to Jane.
(c) Discussing religious matters with Mr. Collins.
(d) Long talks and long walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
2. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
3. Where does Jane spend the second half of the winter?
4. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
5. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bennet scold his wife for not telling him she was sick of Mr. Bingley?
2. Who is the visitor that Mr. Bennet is expecting for dinner the night after Elizabeth and Jane return from their stay at Netherfield?
3. What does Jane do when she hears of the engagement between Charlotte and Mr. Collins?
4. What does Darcy say about Elizabeth just after meeting her that wounds her pride?
5. What is the first question that Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth when he visits her in Hunsford?
6. Why is Miss Bingley so happy to see Elizabeth head home after her stay at Netherfield?
7. What does Mr. Bennet's cousin speak about almost obsessively during his visit at Longbourn?
8. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
9. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
10. Who succeeds in engaging Mr. Darcy in conversation on the first evening Jane is well enough to come down to the drawing room while staying at Netherfield?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)