|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
2. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
3. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her polite regard of his status.
(b) Her docility and tenderness.
(c) Her intelligence and wit.
(d) Her quick temper.
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Miss Bingley.
5. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jane spend the second half of the winter?
2. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
3. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
4. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
5. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
2. Why does Mrs. Bennet continually try to get Mr. Bingley and Jane alone whenever Mr. Bingley comes to call on Jane?
3. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
4. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
5. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts the proposal from Mr. Collins?
6. Why does Mr. Wickham become engaged to Miss King?
7. What did Mr. Wickham do to try and take out his revenge on Mr. Darcy for not giving him more than his allotted inheritance?
8. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
9. How does Mr. Darcy begin his first proposal to Elizabeth?
10. How does Elizabeth find out the truth about the bad history between Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)