|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Gives a sermon.
(d) Flirts madly.
2. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Lord Faltwater.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Catherine DeBourgh.
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She finds them prideful and rude.
(d) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
5. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Never returns her visits while in London.
(b) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
(c) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
(d) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
2. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
3. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
4. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
5. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often does Mr. Collins usually dine at Rosings with Lady Catherine?
2. Who travels to Hunsford with Elizabeth to visit Charlotte in her new home?
3. What are Elizabeth's immediate feelings of Mr. Bingley and his sisters when she first meets them?
4. What about Mr. Collins embarrasses Elizabeth during the ball at Netherfield?
5. What does Elizabeth do after hearing that Jane is too sick to come home from Netherfield?
6. Who does Caroline Bingley want her brother to marry?
7. What does Mr. Collins request of Elizabeth during the upcoming ball at Netherfield?
8. How long have the Bennets been married at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Mr. Bingley calm the discussion between Elizabeth and Darcy on Elizabeth's second night at Netherfield?
10. What is the only thing that Mrs. Gardiner likes about Mr. Wickham?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)