|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
(a) Mrs. Forster.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
2. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He has no fortune.
(b) He cares not for romance.
(c) He is a younger son.
(d) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
3. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
4. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
(b) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
(d) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
5. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is frightened.
6. What does Darcy offer Mr. Gardiner at his house that gives Mr. Gardiner great pleasure?
(a) A dinner in his hall.
(b) A picture of his house.
(c) A chance to fish in his stream.
(d) A rifle to shoot his game.
7. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
(b) His quick sense of humor.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) His gentlemanly nature.
8. What is the purpose behind the surprise visit to Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) A proposal.
(b) A request for advice.
(c) A plea for monetary assistance.
(d) A debate over family matters.
9. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
10. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(c) Explains why he left her.
11. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
12. Who accompanies Elizabeth back to Longbourn?
(a) Charlotte and Mr. Collins.
(b) Darcy and Fitzwilliam.
(c) Jane and her aunt and uncle.
(d) Lord Lucas and Maria.
13. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His patience with her family.
(b) His continued friendship.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
14. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
(a) Talks business.
(b) Goes hunting.
(c) Goes fishing.
(d) Takes a tour of the home.
15. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She misses Elizabeth.
(c) She wants to make sure that Darcy did not propose to Elizabeth.
(d) She feels morally obligated to feed her clergyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
2. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
3. What is Jane's reaction to the news that Elizabeth and Darcy are engaged?
4. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
5. Who invites Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)