|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(b) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(c) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
(d) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
2. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
3. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
(b) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
(c) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
(d) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
4. Who visits Elizabeth while Charlotte and Maria are in town without her?
(a) Lord Lucas,
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
5. What is Jane's reaction to the news that Elizabeth and Darcy are engaged?
(a) She cannot believe it.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is incredibly happy.
(d) She is angry.
6. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
(a) Georgiana Darcy.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
7. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
(a) The housekeeper told them he was away.
(b) They thought he was sleeping.
(c) They were sure he was still in Brighton.
(d) They were told he was busy hunting on the grounds.
8. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
(b) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(c) He is happy to have her home.
(d) He is worried about Jane.
9. What is Mr. Bennet's response to this letter about Elizabeth's false engagement?
(a) He is angry with Elizabeth for not telling him.
(b) He is incredibly happy.
(c) He laughs it off as a joke.
(d) He is confused.
10. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
(d) Mr. Bennet.
11. Where does Georgiana make her permanent home after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are married?
12. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She did not help her father find the couple.
(b) She allowed her mother to act foolishly.
(c) She told Mr. Darcy.
(d) She was too level-headed.
13. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
(a) Lady Catherine never travels.
(b) She is too high a rank to call on Elizabeth.
(c) She is on horseback instead of in a carriage.
(d) It is unannounced.
14. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
15. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
(c) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
(d) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
2. What is the name of Mr. Darcy's home?
3. Who accompanies Elizabeth back to Longbourn?
4. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
5. How many times does Elizabeth read her letter from Darcy?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)