|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Elizabeth often at her new home with Mr. Darcy?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
2. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
3. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Squander it.
(b) Paid for law school.
(c) Gambled it away.
(d) Gave it to debt collectors.
4. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
5. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She is bedridden.
(b) She is gloating to all her friends about her youngest daughter being married.
(c) She is planning for the wedding.
(d) She has gone to Brighton to deal with the Forsters for not watching Lydia.
6. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
(a) Caroline Bingley.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
7. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
8. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Her love for him.
(b) His quick sense of humor.
(c) His gentlemanly nature.
(d) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
9. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
(b) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
(c) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
(d) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
10. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
11. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
(b) She is relieved to know the truth.
(c) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(d) She is sad for Elizabeth.
12. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(b) Explains why he left her.
13. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Phillips.
14. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
(a) Elizabeth has insulted the Darcy family.
(b) Elizabeth is secretly married to Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged.
(d) Elizabeth has publicly insulted Lady Catherine DeBourgh.
15. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is proud.
(d) She is rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
2. What does Mrs. Bennet plan to do when she hears that Mr. Bingley is coming back to town after his long absence?
3. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
4. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
5. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)