|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Darcy's home?
2. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is proud.
3. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
4. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His continued friendship.
(b) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His patience with her family.
5. Who invites Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
(d) Mrs. Forster.
6. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Mr. Gardiner.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
7. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
(a) She is lucky to be the first daughter married.
(b) She is a disgrace to her family.
(c) She found a good man.
(d) She is better off dead.
8. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(b) She is sad for Elizabeth.
(c) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
(d) She is relieved to know the truth.
9. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(b) She is worried about Jane.
(c) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(d) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
10. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(c) Explains why he left her.
11. Why does Mr. Collins and his wife choose to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) To help with the wedding plans.
(b) To escape Lady Catherine's anger.
(c) To make sure that it is not just a rumor this time.
(d) To congratulate the happy couple.
12. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
(a) He didn't think Jane loved him.
(b) He was ashamed of the Bennets.
(c) He wants Bingley to marry his sister.
(d) He felt that Bingley would regret his choice.
13. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
14. Who visits Elizabeth while Charlotte and Maria are in town without her?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Lord Lucas,
(d) Mr. Darcy.
15. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
2. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
3. What does Lady Catherine complain about while Elizabeth is dining with her after her nephews leave?
4. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
5. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)