|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
2. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
3. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
(b) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(c) He is happy to have her home.
(d) He is worried about Jane.
4. What is Elizabeth thinking of as she tours the grounds at Mr. Darcy's estate?
(a) She is glad she refused Darcy's offer.
(b) She might love Darcy after all.
(c) She could have been mistress there.
(d) She had no idea Darcy was this rich.
5. What does Mr. Bennet refuse to do when he hears that Lydia is to be married?
(a) Spend a penny on her wedding clothes.
(b) Give his blessing to the couple.
(c) Allow Kitty to attend the wedding.
(d) Attend her wedding.
6. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
(b) Debating religion with Mr. Collins.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Writing a letter.
7. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,200 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
8. Who has Lydia eloped with?
(a) Colonel Forster.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
9. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is rude.
10. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His continued friendship.
(d) His patience with her family.
11. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Gave it to debt collectors.
(b) Paid for law school.
(c) Gambled it away.
(d) Squander it.
12. What surprise visitor does Elizabeth receive a few days after Jane's engagement?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Lady DeBourgh.
13. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
(a) She fears it will hurt his sister's feelings to hear of it.
(b) She knows he is related to Denny and this will make him look bad as well.
(c) She knows Wickham has hurt his family as well.
(d) She fears he will no longer respect her.
14. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He has no fortune.
(b) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
(c) He is a younger son.
(d) He cares not for romance.
15. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(b) For not falling for Wickham.
(c) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
(d) For winning Darcy's affections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
2. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
3. Who accompanies Elizabeth back to Longbourn?
4. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
5. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)