|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
(a) She is lucky to be the first daughter married.
(b) She is better off dead.
(c) She is a disgrace to her family.
(d) She found a good man.
2. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 1,200 pounds.
3. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
4. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
(a) Mary and Caroline.
(b) Lydia and Kitty.
(c) Maria and Lord Lucas.
(d) Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley.
5. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
(b) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(c) He is worried about Jane.
(d) He is happy to have her home.
6. What does Mrs. Bennet say repeatedly that Jane will die of?
(a) An anxious countenance.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A simple chill.
7. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Caroline Bingley.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
(d) Lady Catherine.
8. What does Bingley do with Mr. Bennet on his second visit to Longbourn after dining there?
(a) Goes fishing.
(b) Surveys the property.
(c) Asks for Jane's hand in marriage.
(d) Goes shooting.
9. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) His quick sense of humor.
(b) His gentlemanly nature.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
10. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
11. Who has Lydia eloped with?
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Sergeant Fillmore.
(d) Colonel Forster.
12. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
(a) In Derbyshire.
(b) In the far north.
(c) In Meryton.
(d) In Brighton.
13. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
(a) Mr. Gardiner.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
14. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mrs. Forster.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
15. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
(a) She is never allowed to associate with Lydia.
(b) She tries to be like Mary instead of Lydia.
(c) She marries a fine young man.
(d) She is sent away to a boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
2. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
3. Who visits Elizabeth often at her new home with Mr. Darcy?
4. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
5. What does Mrs. Bennet plan to do when she hears that Mr. Bingley is coming back to town after his long absence?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)