|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
(a) She misses Elizabeth.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She wants to make sure that Darcy did not propose to Elizabeth.
(d) She feels morally obligated to feed her clergyman.
2. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(b) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(c) She is worried about Jane.
(d) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
3. What does Elizabeth spend most of her time doing before Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley are to dine with her at Longbourn?
(a) Analyzing Mr. Darcy's behavior towards her.
(b) Telling Jane all about her history with Mr. Darcy.
(c) Finding reasons not to love Mr. Darcy.
(d) Writing down her feelings about Mr. Darcy.
4. Who does Bingley come to Longbourn to visit with a few days after dining there?
(a) Mr. Bennet.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
5. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
(b) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
(c) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
(d) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
6. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
(a) In Brighton.
(b) In Derbyshire.
(c) In Meryton.
(d) In the far north.
7. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(a) Mr. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Lady Catherine.
8. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
(a) Mr. Bennet.
9. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
(a) Elizabeth has publicly insulted Lady Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Elizabeth has insulted the Darcy family.
(c) Elizabeth is secretly married to Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged.
10. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
11. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Admiral Filkham.
12. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 1,200 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
13. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Paid for law school.
(b) Gambled it away.
(c) Squander it.
(d) Gave it to debt collectors.
14. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
(a) Avoidance of Lady Catherine.
15. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
(b) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
(d) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise visitor does Elizabeth receive a few days after Jane's engagement?
2. What does Bingley do with Mr. Bennet on his second visit to Longbourn after dining there?
3. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
4. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
5. Who accompanies Elizabeth back to Longbourn?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)