|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He has no fortune.
(b) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
(c) He cares not for romance.
(d) He is a younger son.
2. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
(b) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
(c) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
3. What does Mrs. Bennet plan to do when she hears that Mr. Bingley is coming back to town after his long absence?
(a) Convince him to marry Jane.
(b) Procure an invitation to his annual ball.
(c) Chide him for his actions towards Jane.
(d) Invite him to dine at Longbourn.
4. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
(a) Turning down Mr. Collins's proposal.
(b) Being so kind to Lydia after her repulsive behavior.
(c) Leaving her company so soon.
(d) Not recognizing Darcy's feelings for her.
5. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
(a) To further his business.
(b) To sell his house.
(c) To enjoy the hunting season.
(d) To attend the balls of the season.
6. How long does Elizabeth cry after her visitor leaves while she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 2 and a half hours.
7. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
8. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
(a) Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley.
(b) Lydia and Kitty.
(c) Maria and Lord Lucas.
(d) Mary and Caroline.
9. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
(a) The housekeeper told them he was away.
(b) They were sure he was still in Brighton.
(c) They thought he was sleeping.
(d) They were told he was busy hunting on the grounds.
10. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 11,000 pounds.
(c) 15,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
11. Who sends a letter to Mr. Bennet congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Georgiana Darcy.
12. Why is Darcy so surprised by what Elizabeth thanks him for on their walk together?
(a) He does not think he has been a very good friend.
(b) He did not think she knew of his assistance in Lydia's wedding.
(c) He feels that he has not been very patient at all.
(d) He did not think many people valued true honesty.
13. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
(a) She wants to make sure that Darcy did not propose to Elizabeth.
(b) She misses Elizabeth.
(c) She feels morally obligated to feed her clergyman.
(d) She is bored.
14. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
15. Who visits Elizabeth often at her new home with Mr. Darcy?
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
2. What is the name of Mr. Darcy's home?
3. Where does Georgiana make her permanent home after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are married?
4. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
5. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)