|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Elizabeth back to Longbourn?
(a) Darcy and Fitzwilliam.
(b) Jane and her aunt and uncle.
(c) Charlotte and Mr. Collins.
(d) Lord Lucas and Maria.
2. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
(b) Mrs. Forster.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
3. Why is Elizabeth sad to leave Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte has no one else to talk with.
(b) She loved being so close to Lady Catherine.
(c) Charlotte is her best friend.
(d) She feels sorry for leaving her alone with her husband.
4. Why does Mr. Collins and his wife choose to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) To escape Lady Catherine's anger.
(b) To congratulate the happy couple.
(c) To help with the wedding plans.
(d) To make sure that it is not just a rumor this time.
5. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
(a) Elizabeth has publicly insulted Lady Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Elizabeth is secretly married to Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Elizabeth has insulted the Darcy family.
(d) Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged.
6. Who does Elizabeth commonly run in to on her long walks through Rosings Park?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Lord Lucas.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
7. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Admiral Filkham.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
8. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
9. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(b) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(c) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(d) She is worried about Jane.
10. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
(c) His patience with her family.
(d) His continued friendship.
11. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
(b) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(c) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(d) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
12. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
13. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
14. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
(a) She fears it will hurt his sister's feelings to hear of it.
(b) She knows he is related to Denny and this will make him look bad as well.
(c) She knows Wickham has hurt his family as well.
(d) She fears he will no longer respect her.
15. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He is worried about Jane.
(b) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(c) He is happy to have her home.
(d) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
2. How long does Elizabeth cry after her visitor leaves while she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
3. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
4. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
5. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)