|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
2. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
(a) She tries to be like Mary instead of Lydia.
(b) She is sent away to a boarding school.
(c) She is never allowed to associate with Lydia.
(d) She marries a fine young man.
3. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Georgiana Darcy.
4. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Gardiner.
5. What secret guest was at Lydia's wedding that she lets slip to Elizabeth?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
6. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
(a) She found a good man.
(b) She is a disgrace to her family.
(c) She is better off dead.
(d) She is lucky to be the first daughter married.
7. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
(a) Reading a book.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Debating religion with Mr. Collins.
8. What is the purpose behind the surprise visit to Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) A plea for monetary assistance.
(b) A proposal.
(c) A debate over family matters.
(d) A request for advice.
9. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
(c) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
(d) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
10. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
(a) Her family's course manners.
(b) Her poor dowry.
(c) Her earlier refusal.
(d) Her subdued nature.
11. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
(a) They were told he was busy hunting on the grounds.
(b) They thought he was sleeping.
(c) The housekeeper told them he was away.
(d) They were sure he was still in Brighton.
12. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Gambled it away.
(b) Gave it to debt collectors.
(c) Squander it.
(d) Paid for law school.
13. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
(a) His lack of discipline.
(b) His poor choice in a wife.
(c) His sarcastic nature.
(d) His forward remarks in public.
14. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
15. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(b) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
(c) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(d) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
2. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
3. What does Lady Catherine complain about while Elizabeth is dining with her after her nephews leave?
4. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
5. Who has Lydia eloped with?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)