|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His patience with her family.
(b) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His continued friendship.
2. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
(a) Mr. Gardiner.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
3. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 15,000 pounds.
(d) 11,000 pounds.
4. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A letter.
(c) A flower.
(d) A parting handshake.
5. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
6. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
(b) Her love for him.
(c) His quick sense of humor.
(d) His gentlemanly nature.
7. What does Bingley do with Mr. Bennet on his second visit to Longbourn after dining there?
(a) Surveys the property.
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Goes shooting.
(d) Asks for Jane's hand in marriage.
8. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
(d) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
9. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
(a) She is never allowed to associate with Lydia.
(b) She marries a fine young man.
(c) She is sent away to a boarding school.
(d) She tries to be like Mary instead of Lydia.
10. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
(a) Her subdued nature.
(b) Her earlier refusal.
(c) Her poor dowry.
(d) Her family's course manners.
11. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
12. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
(a) He felt that Bingley would regret his choice.
(b) He didn't think Jane loved him.
(c) He was ashamed of the Bennets.
(d) He wants Bingley to marry his sister.
13. What does Darcy offer Mr. Gardiner at his house that gives Mr. Gardiner great pleasure?
(a) A rifle to shoot his game.
(b) A dinner in his hall.
(c) A picture of his house.
(d) A chance to fish in his stream.
14. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
15. Who does Bingley come to Longbourn to visit with a few days after dining there?
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
2. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
3. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
4. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
5. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)