|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
(d) Mr. Bennet.
2. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Gambled it away.
(b) Paid for law school.
(c) Gave it to debt collectors.
(d) Squander it.
3. What does Lydia tell her sisters to do if they want to find husbands for themselves?
(a) Pray for one.
(b) Flirt with the most handsome man in the room.
(c) Go to Brighton.
(d) Elope with an officer.
4. Who invites Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
(b) Mrs. Forster.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
5. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He has no fortune.
(b) He cares not for romance.
(c) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
(d) He is a younger son.
6. What surprise visitor does Elizabeth receive a few days after Jane's engagement?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Lady DeBourgh.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
7. What does Elizabeth spend most of her time doing before Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley are to dine with her at Longbourn?
(a) Telling Jane all about her history with Mr. Darcy.
(b) Writing down her feelings about Mr. Darcy.
(c) Finding reasons not to love Mr. Darcy.
(d) Analyzing Mr. Darcy's behavior towards her.
8. What does Mrs. Bennet say repeatedly that Jane will die of?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A simple chill.
(c) An anxious countenance.
(d) A heart attack.
9. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
10. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
(a) They thought he was sleeping.
(b) The housekeeper told them he was away.
(c) They were sure he was still in Brighton.
(d) They were told he was busy hunting on the grounds.
11. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) His quick sense of humor.
(b) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) His gentlemanly nature.
12. Who has Lydia eloped with?
(a) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Sergeant Fillmore.
(d) Colonel Forster.
13. What does Mr. Wickham try to convince Elizabeth of after he has married Lydia?
(a) His innocence in his relations with Mr. Darcy.
(b) His loyalty to the family.
(c) His love for Lydia.
(d) His love for Elizabeth.
14. Why does Mr. Collins and his wife choose to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) To escape Lady Catherine's anger.
(b) To make sure that it is not just a rumor this time.
(c) To help with the wedding plans.
(d) To congratulate the happy couple.
15. What was Mrs. Bennet's reaction to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She is gloating to all her friends about her youngest daughter being married.
(b) She is planning for the wedding.
(c) She is bedridden.
(d) She has gone to Brighton to deal with the Forsters for not watching Lydia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
2. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
3. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
4. Who does Elizabeth commonly run in to on her long walks through Rosings Park?
5. What secret guest was at Lydia's wedding that she lets slip to Elizabeth?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)