|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His continued friendship.
(c) His patience with her family.
(d) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
2. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
(a) Mr. Gardiner.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
3. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
4. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She told Mr. Darcy.
(b) She did not help her father find the couple.
(c) She allowed her mother to act foolishly.
(d) She was too level-headed.
5. What does Mrs. Bennet say repeatedly that Jane will die of?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) An anxious countenance.
(d) A simple chill.
6. What is Mr. Bennet's response to this letter about Elizabeth's false engagement?
(a) He is incredibly happy.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He laughs it off as a joke.
(d) He is angry with Elizabeth for not telling him.
7. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
8. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
9. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He cares not for romance.
(b) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
(c) He is a younger son.
(d) He has no fortune.
10. What is Jane's reaction to the news that Elizabeth and Darcy are engaged?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is incredibly happy.
(c) She cannot believe it.
(d) She is angry.
11. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Debating religion with Mr. Collins.
12. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
(a) She found a good man.
(b) She is a disgrace to her family.
(c) She is better off dead.
(d) She is lucky to be the first daughter married.
13. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
(a) They thought he was sleeping.
(b) The housekeeper told them he was away.
(c) They were sure he was still in Brighton.
(d) They were told he was busy hunting on the grounds.
14. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
15. How many times does Elizabeth read her letter from Darcy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
2. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
3. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
4. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
5. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)