|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth sad to leave Charlotte?
(a) She feels sorry for leaving her alone with her husband.
(b) Charlotte is her best friend.
(c) She loved being so close to Lady Catherine.
(d) Charlotte has no one else to talk with.
2. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For not falling for Wickham.
(b) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
(c) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(d) For winning Darcy's affections.
3. What does Elizabeth thank Mr. Darcy for as they are walking together?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His patience with her family.
(c) His continued friendship.
(d) His assistance in Lydia's marriage.
4. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mrs. Forster.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
5. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
6. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(b) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(c) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(d) She is worried about Jane.
7. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(c) Explains why he left her.
8. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
9. How long do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth walk together last?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) A few hours.
(d) The whole day.
10. What is the name of Mr. Darcy's home?
11. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
(b) Avoidance of Lady Catherine.
12. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
(c) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
13. Who invites Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
(b) Mrs. Forster.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mrs. Phillips.
14. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He is worried about Jane.
(b) He is happy to have her home.
(c) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(d) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
15. How many times does Elizabeth read her letter from Darcy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
2. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
3. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
4. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
5. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)