|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,200 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
2. What is Mr. Bennet's response to this letter about Elizabeth's false engagement?
(a) He is incredibly happy.
(b) He is angry with Elizabeth for not telling him.
(c) He laughs it off as a joke.
(d) He is confused.
3. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(b) She is worried about Jane.
(c) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(d) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
4. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She wants to make sure that Darcy did not propose to Elizabeth.
(c) She misses Elizabeth.
(d) She feels morally obligated to feed her clergyman.
5. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 11,000 pounds.
(d) 15,000 pounds.
6. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
7. Who does Elizabeth commonly run in to on her long walks through Rosings Park?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Lord Lucas.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
8. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Lady Catherine.
9. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For not falling for Wickham.
(b) For winning Darcy's affections.
(c) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(d) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
10. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Squander it.
(b) Paid for law school.
(c) Gave it to debt collectors.
(d) Gambled it away.
11. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
12. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Georgiana Darcy.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
13. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
(a) Leaving her company so soon.
(b) Being so kind to Lydia after her repulsive behavior.
(c) Turning down Mr. Collins's proposal.
(d) Not recognizing Darcy's feelings for her.
14. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He is worried about Jane.
(b) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(c) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
(d) He is happy to have her home.
15. What does Elizabeth think after reading her letter from Darcy the first time?
(a) She is shocked at how truthful it seems to be.
(b) She is touched that he would share this with her.
(c) She thinks it might be a joke.
(d) She doesn't believe any of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
2. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
3. What is the name of Mr. Darcy's home?
4. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
5. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)