|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
2. What does Mr. Collins say about Lydia's elopement?
(a) She is lucky to be the first daughter married.
(b) She is better off dead.
(c) She found a good man.
(d) She is a disgrace to her family.
3. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
(b) He is a younger son.
(c) He cares not for romance.
(d) He has no fortune.
4. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
5. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She is sad for Elizabeth.
(b) She is relieved to know the truth.
(c) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(d) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
6. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
7. How many letters does Elizabeth receive from Jane on her return from visiting with the Darcys at Pemberley?
8. What is Elizabeth thinking of as she tours the grounds at Mr. Darcy's estate?
(a) She is glad she refused Darcy's offer.
(b) She might love Darcy after all.
(c) She could have been mistress there.
(d) She had no idea Darcy was this rich.
9. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
(a) She tries to be like Mary instead of Lydia.
(b) She is never allowed to associate with Lydia.
(c) She is sent away to a boarding school.
(d) She marries a fine young man.
10. Who visits Elizabeth while Charlotte and Maria are in town without her?
(a) Lord Lucas,
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Sergeant Fillmore.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
11. What does Elizabeth think after reading her letter from Darcy the first time?
(a) She doesn't believe any of it.
(b) She thinks it might be a joke.
(c) She is shocked at how truthful it seems to be.
(d) She is touched that he would share this with her.
12. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
(a) Goes hunting.
(b) Talks business.
(c) Takes a tour of the home.
(d) Goes fishing.
13. What surprise visitor does Elizabeth receive a few days after Jane's engagement?
(a) Caroline Bingley.
(b) Lady DeBourgh.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
14. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
(a) Elizabeth has insulted the Darcy family.
(b) Elizabeth has publicly insulted Lady Catherine DeBourgh.
(c) Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged.
(d) Elizabeth is secretly married to Colonel Fitzwilliam.
15. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
(b) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
(c) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
(d) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
2. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
3. What does Mr. Bennet refuse to do when he hears that Lydia is to be married?
4. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
5. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)