|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Lydia eloped with?
(a) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Colonel Forster.
2. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
3. What does Mrs. Bennet say repeatedly that Jane will die of?
(a) A simple chill.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) An anxious countenance.
4. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
5. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
(a) Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mary and Caroline.
(c) Lydia and Kitty.
(d) Maria and Lord Lucas.
6. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is proud.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is shy.
7. What is Elizabeth thinking of as she tours the grounds at Mr. Darcy's estate?
(a) She is glad she refused Darcy's offer.
(b) She had no idea Darcy was this rich.
(c) She might love Darcy after all.
(d) She could have been mistress there.
8. Why is Darcy so surprised by what Elizabeth thanks him for on their walk together?
(a) He does not think he has been a very good friend.
(b) He feels that he has not been very patient at all.
(c) He did not think she knew of his assistance in Lydia's wedding.
(d) He did not think many people valued true honesty.
9. What does Elizabeth think after reading her letter from Darcy the first time?
(a) She is shocked at how truthful it seems to be.
(b) She is touched that he would share this with her.
(c) She thinks it might be a joke.
(d) She doesn't believe any of it.
10. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
11. What is the purpose behind the surprise visit to Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) A plea for monetary assistance.
(b) A request for advice.
(c) A debate over family matters.
(d) A proposal.
12. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Gardiner.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
13. What does Mr. Bennet refuse to do when he hears that Lydia is to be married?
(a) Allow Kitty to attend the wedding.
(b) Give his blessing to the couple.
(c) Attend her wedding.
(d) Spend a penny on her wedding clothes.
14. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(d) Explains why he left her.
15. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(b) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(c) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
(d) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
2. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
3. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
4. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
5. Why is Elizabeth sad to leave Charlotte?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)