|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret guest was at Lydia's wedding that she lets slip to Elizabeth?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
2. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(b) She is worried about Jane.
(c) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(d) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
3. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
4. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
5. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
(a) Her earlier refusal.
(b) Her subdued nature.
(c) Her family's course manners.
(d) Her poor dowry.
6. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For not falling for Wickham.
(b) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
(c) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(d) For winning Darcy's affections.
7. What surprise visitor does Elizabeth receive a few days after Jane's engagement?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Lady DeBourgh.
8. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(b) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
(c) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
(d) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
9. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
10. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
(a) He wants Lydia to take a long trip.
(b) He is glad she did not marry Mr. Collins.
(c) He is worried about Jane.
(d) He is happy to have her home.
11. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(c) 11,000 pounds.
(d) 15,000 pounds.
12. What does Mr. Bennet refuse to do when he hears that Lydia is to be married?
(a) Give his blessing to the couple.
(b) Spend a penny on her wedding clothes.
(c) Allow Kitty to attend the wedding.
(d) Attend her wedding.
13. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
(a) Mr. Gardiner.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
14. Where did Lady Catherine hear the rumor she came to find the truth of?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Georgiana Darcy.
15. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
(a) His forward remarks in public.
(b) His lack of discipline.
(c) His sarcastic nature.
(d) His poor choice in a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
2. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
3. What does Mr. Wickham try to convince Elizabeth of after he has married Lydia?
4. Who does Bingley come to Longbourn to visit with a few days after dining there?
5. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)