|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Bennet's response to this letter about Elizabeth's false engagement?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is incredibly happy.
(c) He laughs it off as a joke.
(d) He is angry with Elizabeth for not telling him.
2. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Lady Catherine.
3. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
4. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
(a) She is on horseback instead of in a carriage.
(b) She is too high a rank to call on Elizabeth.
(c) It is unannounced.
(d) Lady Catherine never travels.
5. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
(b) She is worried about Jane.
(c) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(d) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
6. How long does Elizabeth cry after her visitor leaves while she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) 2 and a half hours.
(d) 2 hours.
7. What does Lady Catherine complain about while Elizabeth is dining with her after her nephews leave?
(a) Mr. Collins constant chatter.
(b) Elizabeth's poor piano skills.
(c) The absense of her nephews.
(d) The inattention Darcy showed her daughter.
8. What does Elizabeth spend most of her time doing before Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley are to dine with her at Longbourn?
(a) Finding reasons not to love Mr. Darcy.
(b) Writing down her feelings about Mr. Darcy.
(c) Telling Jane all about her history with Mr. Darcy.
(d) Analyzing Mr. Darcy's behavior towards her.
9. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
10. Who sends a letter to Mr. Bennet congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Georgiana Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Caroline Bingley.
11. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
(a) He didn't think Jane loved him.
(b) He wants Bingley to marry his sister.
(c) He felt that Bingley would regret his choice.
(d) He was ashamed of the Bennets.
12. Where does Georgiana make her permanent home after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are married?
13. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
14. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A flower.
(c) A letter.
(d) A parting handshake.
15. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
(a) Mrs. Forster.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Elizabeth while Charlotte and Maria are in town without her?
2. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
3. What does Mrs. Bennet say repeatedly that Jane will die of?
4. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
5. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)