|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
2. Who did Lydia leave a note for before running away from Brighton?
(a) Mr. Wickham.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Mrs. Forster.
3. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He cares not for romance.
(b) He is a younger son.
(c) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
(d) He has no fortune.
4. What does Darcy offer Mr. Gardiner at his house that gives Mr. Gardiner great pleasure?
(a) A picture of his house.
(b) A dinner in his hall.
(c) A chance to fish in his stream.
(d) A rifle to shoot his game.
5. Why is Elizabeth so surprised to see Mr. Darcy in his own house?
(a) They were sure he was still in Brighton.
(b) The housekeeper told them he was away.
(c) They were told he was busy hunting on the grounds.
(d) They thought he was sleeping.
6. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is shy.
7. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Admiral Filkham.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
8. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
9. What does Elizabeth think will kill all Darcy's affections for her?
(a) Her earlier refusal.
(b) Her family's course manners.
(c) Her subdued nature.
(d) Her poor dowry.
10. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
(a) His forward remarks in public.
(b) His poor choice in a wife.
(c) His lack of discipline.
(d) His sarcastic nature.
11. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
12. What does Bingley do the moment that he is left in a room alone with Jane?
(c) Explains why he left her.
13. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
14. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
15. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) His gentlemanly nature.
(b) Her love for him.
(c) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
(d) His quick sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
2. Who visits Elizabeth often at her new home with Mr. Darcy?
3. Who is the only person Elizabeth tells about the proposal at Charlotte's house?
4. Why is Darcy so surprised by what Elizabeth thanks him for on their walk together?
5. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)