|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colonel Fitzwilliam say that he must marry for money?
(a) He has no fortune.
(b) He is a younger son.
(c) He cares not for romance.
(d) He knows he has no inheritance from Lady Catherine.
2. Where does Georgiana make her permanent home after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are married?
3. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For winning Darcy's affections.
(b) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(c) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
(d) For not falling for Wickham.
4. What does Elizabeth think after reading her letter from Darcy the first time?
(a) She is touched that he would share this with her.
(b) She is shocked at how truthful it seems to be.
(c) She thinks it might be a joke.
(d) She doesn't believe any of it.
5. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
6. Who is Mr. Darcy anxious for Elizabeth to meet after meeting her in Derbyshire?
7. Who treats Elizabeth with cool haughtiness when she visits Darcy's sister at Pemberley?
(a) Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Georgiana and Mr. Darcy.
(c) Lady Catherine and her daughter.
(d) Mr. Hurst and Mr. Bingley.
8. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Gave it to debt collectors.
(b) Squander it.
(c) Gambled it away.
(d) Paid for law school.
9. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
(a) She allowed her mother to act foolishly.
(b) She was too level-headed.
(c) She told Mr. Darcy.
(d) She did not help her father find the couple.
10. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
(a) Elizabeth is secretly married to Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged.
(c) Elizabeth has insulted the Darcy family.
(d) Elizabeth has publicly insulted Lady Catherine DeBourgh.
11. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
(a) To sell his house.
(b) To further his business.
(c) To enjoy the hunting season.
(d) To attend the balls of the season.
12. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
13. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
(a) His sarcastic nature.
(b) His lack of discipline.
(c) His forward remarks in public.
(d) His poor choice in a wife.
14. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
(a) Turning down Mr. Collins's proposal.
(b) Being so kind to Lydia after her repulsive behavior.
(c) Not recognizing Darcy's feelings for her.
(d) Leaving her company so soon.
15. How much is Wickham's gambling debt in Brighton?
(a) 1,200 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
2. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
3. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
4. Who does Elizabeth commonly run in to on her long walks through Rosings Park?
5. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)