|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth see at the inn while meeting Darcy's sister?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
2. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She is relieved to know the truth.
(b) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(c) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
(d) She is sad for Elizabeth.
3. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
(a) He didn't think Jane loved him.
(b) He was ashamed of the Bennets.
(c) He wants Bingley to marry his sister.
(d) He felt that Bingley would regret his choice.
4. How long do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth walk together last?
(a) An hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) A few hours.
(d) The whole day.
5. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
6. Who sends a letter to Mr. Bennet congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement?
(a) Caroline Bingley.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Georgiana Darcy.
(d) Mr. Collins.
7. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
(a) It is unannounced.
(b) Lady Catherine never travels.
(c) She is on horseback instead of in a carriage.
(d) She is too high a rank to call on Elizabeth.
8. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
(a) His assistance with Lydia's wedding.
(b) His gentlemanly nature.
(c) His quick sense of humor.
(d) Her love for him.
9. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) Admiral Filkham.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
10. Who visits Elizabeth often at her new home with Mr. Darcy?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
11. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
(b) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
(c) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
(d) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
12. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
(a) Reading a book.
(c) Debating religion with Mr. Collins.
(d) Writing a letter.
13. What does Elizabeth think after reading her letter from Darcy the first time?
(a) She thinks it might be a joke.
(b) She is touched that he would share this with her.
(c) She doesn't believe any of it.
(d) She is shocked at how truthful it seems to be.
14. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
15. Who is Mr. Darcy anxious for Elizabeth to meet after meeting her in Derbyshire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitty's countenance improve so much after Lydia's marriage?
2. What does Mr. Bennet refuse to do when he hears that Lydia is to be married?
3. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
4. Why is Darcy so surprised by what Elizabeth thanks him for on their walk together?
5. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)