|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lydia and Wickham go just after they are wed?
2. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
3. Why is Kitty so upset about Lydia's invitation to Brighton?
(a) She is concerned about her getting too friendly with Wickham.
(b) She feels she should get to go as well since she is older.
(c) She is afraid Lydia will embarrass the family.
(d) She does not believe in living off other people's charity.
4. What rumor has been heard by Lady Catherine to cause her surprise visit?
(a) Elizabeth is secretly married to Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are engaged.
(c) Elizabeth has publicly insulted Lady Catherine DeBourgh.
(d) Elizabeth has insulted the Darcy family.
5. How much money will Lydia receive when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 15,000 pounds.
(c) 11,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
6. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
(a) Maria and Lord Lucas.
(b) Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley.
(c) Lydia and Kitty.
(d) Mary and Caroline.
7. Why do Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth not talk to each other when Darcy and Bingley dine at Longbourn?
(a) Elizabeth is too ill to come down to dinner.
(b) Elizabeth is too nervous to say anything to Mr. Darcy the entire night.
(c) They are seated on opposite ends of the table.
(d) Mr. Darcy refuses to speak to Elizabeth.
8. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
(b) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(c) For not falling for Wickham.
(d) For winning Darcy's affections.
9. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
10. Where does Elizabeth go with her aunt and uncle while Lydia is in Brighton?
11. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
(a) Lady Catherine never travels.
(b) It is unannounced.
(c) She is on horseback instead of in a carriage.
(d) She is too high a rank to call on Elizabeth.
12. What does Elizabeth think of Mr. Darcy's sister when meeting her for the first time?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is proud.
13. What is Elizabeth doing when Charlotte and Maria go to town without her?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Debating religion with Mr. Collins.
(c) Reading a book.
14. Who visits Elizabeth while Charlotte and Maria are in town without her?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Lord Lucas,
(c) Sergeant Fillmore.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
15. Where does Georgiana make her permanent home after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week are Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley invited to dine at Longbourn?
2. What does Lizzie tell her father about to gain his approval in her marriage to Mr. Darcy?
3. What does Elizabeth's aunt chide her for in a letter to her after Lydia's wedding?
4. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
5. Who is the first person Elizabeth writes to about her engagement to Mr. Darcy?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)