|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Darcy get the courage to propose to Elizabeth while they were walking together?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
2. Who pleads with Mr. Bennet to not allow Lydia to go to Brighton for the summer?
3. Who visits Elizabeth often at her new home with Mr. Darcy?
(a) Mr. Bennet.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
4. How much does Wickham ask for per year in order to marry Lydia?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
5. What is so strange about Lady Catherine's surprise visit to Elizabeth?
(a) Lady Catherine never travels.
(b) It is unannounced.
(c) She is too high a rank to call on Elizabeth.
(d) She is on horseback instead of in a carriage.
6. What does Mr. Darcy give Elizabeth the morning after her horrible headache?
(a) A parting handshake.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A flower.
(d) A letter.
7. Where is the post that Mr. Wickham accepts after he is married to Lydia?
(a) In Derbyshire.
(b) In Brighton.
(c) In Meryton.
(d) In the far north.
8. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
9. Who sends a letter to Mr. Bennet congratulating him on Elizabeth's engagement?
(a) Georgiana Darcy.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
10. Where does Elizabeth travel to after she leaves Charlotte's house?
11. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Mr. Gardiner.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
12. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
(a) For being such a stalwart young lady.
(b) For being right about Lydia going to Brighton.
(c) For winning Darcy's affections.
(d) For not falling for Wickham.
13. What does Elizabeth think after reading her letter from Darcy the first time?
(a) She doesn't believe any of it.
(b) She thinks it might be a joke.
(c) She is touched that he would share this with her.
(d) She is shocked at how truthful it seems to be.
14. Who surprises Elizabeth at the inn where the Bennet's carriage was to meet her and take her home?
(a) Mary and Caroline.
(b) Maria and Lord Lucas.
(c) Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley.
(d) Lydia and Kitty.
15. Why does Mr. Collins and his wife choose to visit Longbourn after Elizabeth's engagement to Mr. Darcy?
(a) To make sure that it is not just a rumor this time.
(b) To escape Lady Catherine's anger.
(c) To congratulate the happy couple.
(d) To help with the wedding plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth most upset to relay the news of her sister's elopement to Darcy?
2. Who is Mr. Bennet afraid has paid for Mr. Wickham's gambling debts?
3. Who is the first person Darcy writes to about his engagement to Elizabeth?
4. Who does Elizabeth commonly run in to on her long walks through Rosings Park?
5. Why does Lady Catherine invite Elizabeth to dinner the day her nephews leave her house?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)