|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) Through trade.
(b) The sale of a great property.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) His law firm.
2. How long is Charlotte Lucas' engagement?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
3. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(b) Asks her to dance.
(c) Show attention to Lydia.
(d) Leaves the house.
4. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Collins.
5. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
6. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(b) Lady Lucas.
(c) Lady De Bourgh.
(d) Lady Collins.
7. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He was sent away on business.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He does not dance well.
(d) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
8. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(b) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(c) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
9. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Peppers her with questions.
(b) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
(c) Demeans her family.
(d) Instructs her in proper attire.
10. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
11. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Ms. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
12. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He is becoming too fond of her.
(b) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(c) He wants his house to himself again.
(d) He is tired of fighting with her.
13. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
(a) Read a book with her.
(b) Walk about the room.
(c) Join in a debate.
(d) Play a card game.
14. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) The sisters, all equally.
15. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
2. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
5. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)