|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Darcy and Bingley.
2. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
3. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
(b) Peppers her with questions.
(c) Demeans her family.
(d) Instructs her in proper attire.
4. How long is Charlotte Lucas' engagement?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Playing a card game.
(b) Needlepoint work.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading a book.
6. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
7. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(b) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(c) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
8. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(b) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(c) She is upset and dislikes him.
(d) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
9. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(b) He was sent away on business.
(c) He does not dance well.
(d) He was sick.
10. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
(b) She needs some time to think it over.
(c) She is cruel and vindictive.
(d) She is playing hard to get.
11. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
12. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
(a) He does not love Jane.
(b) His sisters intervened to distract him from Jane.
(c) He truly has important business to attend to.
(d) He is testing Jane's love for him.
13. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
14. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
15. How does Elizabeth describe her first reaction to Lady Catherine?
(a) Large and haughty.
(b) Thin and sickly.
(c) Proud and loud.
(d) Shrewd and arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
2. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
3. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
4. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
5. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)