|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Trying to talk to Darcy.
(c) Walking about the room.
2. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Flirts madly.
(d) Gives a sermon.
3. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She commends him for his choice.
(b) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
4. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
(a) Until the end of his origianlly planned visit.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
5. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Collins.
6. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Asks her to dance.
(c) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(d) Show attention to Lydia.
7. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Admiral Filkham.
(d) Senator Fanghorn.
8. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) More money.
(b) A loving neighbor.
(c) A wife.
(d) A job.
9. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A game of whist.
(c) A dance.
(d) Another conversation.
10. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To check out his future inheritance.
(b) To marry one of the daughters there.
(c) To write himself into the will.
(d) To ask for a loan.
11. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
12. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her polite regard of his status.
(b) Her docility and tenderness.
(c) Her intelligence and wit.
(d) Her quick temper.
13. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(b) An hour of private conversation.
(c) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(d) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
14. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
15. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She cries and runs away.
(b) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(c) She confronts him about it.
(d) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
2. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
3. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
4. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
5. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)