|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
(a) He gave a promise to the late Mr. Darcy Sr.
(b) He feels it is his moral obligation.
(c) Mr. Darcy refused to give him his rightful inheritance.
(d) He was wrongly accused of a crime.
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) They are all females.
(b) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(c) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(d) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
3. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is extremely happy.
(d) She is furious.
4. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once a fortnight.
5. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
6. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
(a) Lady DeBourgh.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
7. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Returns to his home a week before expected.
(b) Sleeps in.
(c) Proposes to Elizabeth.
(d) Wakes up in a drunken frenzy.
8. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) Another conversation.
(b) A dance.
(c) A game of whist.
9. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
(a) Charlotte and Caroline.
(b) Bingley and Darcy.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Denny and Wickham.
10. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Sergeant Fillmore.
(b) Admiral Filkham.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Senator Fanghorn.
11. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(b) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(c) It falls dark faster than expected.
(d) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
12. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) Charlotte's new house.
(b) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
(c) Lady Catherine's daughter.
(d) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
13. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) Through trade.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) His law firm.
14. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She commends him for his choice.
(b) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
15. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
2. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
3. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
4. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
5. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)