|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
2. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) Charlotte's new house.
(b) Lady Catherine's daughter.
(c) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
(d) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
3. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
4. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
5. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He wants his house to himself again.
(b) He is tired of fighting with her.
(c) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(d) He is becoming too fond of her.
6. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
7. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Needlepoint work.
(c) Playing a card game.
(d) Writing a letter.
8. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She finds them prideful and rude.
(c) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
9. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
10. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) Mr. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) The sisters, all equally.
11. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Lydia's constant prattling.
(b) Mary's poor piano playing.
(c) Mr. Bennet's sarcastic remarks.
(d) Mr. Bingley's absence, and Charlotte's engagement.
12. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Mary and Kitty.
(b) Jane and Elizabeth.
(c) Lydia and Jane.
(d) Elizabeth and Mary.
13. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(c) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(d) They are all females.
14. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
(a) Senator Fanghorn.
(b) Admiral Filkham.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
15. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The royal family.
(b) A regiment of soldiers.
(c) The Bingleys.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
3. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)