Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
2. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Lady Catherine.
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Lord Faltwater.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Catherine DeBourgh.
4. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
5. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 20,000 pounds.
6. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Sergeant Fillmore.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Senator Fanghorn.
(d) Admiral Filkham.
7. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She commends him for his choice.
(b) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(c) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(d) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
8. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
(a) Double her dowry.
(b) Allow them to live at Longbourn.
(c) Never speak with her again.
(d) Visit her often.
9. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Walking about the room.
(c) Trying to talk to Darcy.
(d) Writing a letter.
10. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(b) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(c) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(d) They are all females.
11. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Denny and Wickham.
(c) Charlotte and Caroline.
(d) Bingley and Darcy.
12. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She finds them prideful and rude.
(d) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
13. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
(a) His sisters intervened to distract him from Jane.
(b) He does not love Jane.
(c) He is testing Jane's love for him.
(d) He truly has important business to attend to.
14. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Sleeps in.
(b) Wakes up in a drunken frenzy.
(c) Returns to his home a week before expected.
(d) Proposes to Elizabeth.
15. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
2. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
3. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
4. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
5. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)