|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To check out his future inheritance.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To marry one of the daughters there.
(d) To write himself into the will.
2. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
3. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(b) Reads sermons.
(c) Observes the odd tension in the family.
(d) Listens to Mr. Collins.
4. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
5. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(b) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(c) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
6. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mr. Collins.
7. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Darcy and Bingley.
8. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Gives a sermon.
(d) Flirts madly.
9. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
(b) Never returns her visits while in London.
(c) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
(d) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
10. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
11. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He does not dance well.
(c) He was sent away on business.
(d) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
12. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(b) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(c) A request to hunt on their lands.
(d) A proposal of marriage.
13. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(b) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
(c) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(d) An hour of private conversation.
14. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
(b) The regiment office.
(c) Their aunt's house.
(d) The post office.
15. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
2. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
3. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
4. How long is Charlotte Lucas' engagement?
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)