|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Lord Faltwater.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
2. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Lady Catherine.
3. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
4. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Caroline Bingley.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Charlotte Lucas.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
5. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
6. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(b) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(c) A request to hunt on their lands.
(d) A proposal of marriage.
7. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(b) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(c) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
(d) Mr. Collins proposes.
8. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(b) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(c) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
9. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Hurst.
10. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Sergeant Fillmore.
(b) Admiral Filkham.
(c) Senator Fanghorn.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
11. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Mary and Kitty.
(b) Jane and Elizabeth.
(c) Lydia and Jane.
(d) Elizabeth and Mary.
12. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
13. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
(a) One day.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Until the end of his origianlly planned visit.
14. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Returns to his home a week before expected.
(b) Sleeps in.
(c) Wakes up in a drunken frenzy.
(d) Proposes to Elizabeth.
15. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Trying to talk to Darcy.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Walking about the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
2. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
3. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
4. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
5. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)