|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Observes the odd tension in the family.
(b) Reads sermons.
(c) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(d) Listens to Mr. Collins.
2. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
(a) Senator Fanghorn.
(b) Sergeant Fillmore.
(c) Admiral Filkham.
(d) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
3. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) News that they are leaving to London and do not plan to return.
(b) News that Bingley's business has collapsed and his fortune is lost.
(c) News that Mr. Bingley and his family highly disapproves of the Bennet family.
(d) News that Bingley and Mr. Darcy's sister are engaged.
4. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a fortnight.
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
6. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
(a) To not fall in love with Mr. Wickham.
(b) To not allow her sister to wallow in despair over lost love that never was.
(c) To never listen to the gossip of the town.
(d) To not be like her mother.
7. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is furious.
(d) She is extremely happy.
8. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Collins.
9. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A dance.
(b) A game of whist.
(c) Another conversation.
10. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
11. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To write himself into the will.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To marry one of the daughters there.
(d) To check out his future inheritance.
12. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
(a) He was wrongly accused of a crime.
(b) Mr. Darcy refused to give him his rightful inheritance.
(c) He gave a promise to the late Mr. Darcy Sr.
(d) He feels it is his moral obligation.
13. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
14. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Mary's poor piano playing.
(b) Mr. Bingley's absence, and Charlotte's engagement.
(c) Mr. Bennet's sarcastic remarks.
(d) Lydia's constant prattling.
15. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
(b) Lady Catherine's daughter.
(c) Charlotte's new house.
(d) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
2. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
3. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
4. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
5. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)