|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(b) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(c) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(d) She commends him for his choice.
2. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her husband's unkindness.
(b) Her poor match.
(c) Her nerves.
(d) Her unmarried daughters.
3. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
4. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
5. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She confronts him about it.
(b) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She plans to take vengeance on him.
6. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) An hour of private conversation.
(b) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(c) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
(d) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
7. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
(b) Charlotte's new house.
(c) Lady Catherine's daughter.
(d) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
8. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
(a) Mr. Darcy refused to give him his rightful inheritance.
(b) He feels it is his moral obligation.
(c) He was wrongly accused of a crime.
(d) He gave a promise to the late Mr. Darcy Sr.
9. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
(a) Read a book with her.
(b) Join in a debate.
(c) Play a card game.
(d) Walk about the room.
10. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
11. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He did not dance with her.
(b) He wounded her pride.
(c) He seemed to truly mean it.
(d) Too many people heard it.
12. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
13. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
14. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Catherine.
(b) Lady De Bourgh.
(c) Lady Lucas.
(d) Lady Collins.
15. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
(c) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
2. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
3. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
4. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
5. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)