|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(a) Militia officer.
2. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Miss Bingley.
4. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(b) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(c) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(d) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
5. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
(b) Discussing religious matters with Mr. Collins.
(c) Writing letters to Jane.
(d) Long talks and long walks.
6. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
7. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Mr. Wickham.
(b) Charlotte Lucas.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Caroline Bingley.
8. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He is becoming too fond of her.
(b) He wants his house to himself again.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
9. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
10. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
11. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
12. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
13. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Dr. Craven.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
14. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Lady DeBourgh.
15. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
(a) He does not love Jane.
(b) His sisters intervened to distract him from Jane.
(c) He is testing Jane's love for him.
(d) He truly has important business to attend to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
3. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
4. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
5. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)