|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
2. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Lady Catherine.
3. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
(b) Long talks and long walks.
(c) Discussing religious matters with Mr. Collins.
(d) Writing letters to Jane.
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
5. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Sergeant Fillmore.
(b) Senator Fanghorn.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Admiral Filkham.
6. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
(a) She screams in fury.
(b) She tells him that it can't be true.
(c) She proclaims it is the perfect match.
(d) She laughs.
7. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he has every right to be prideful.
(b) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(c) That he is silly to fear.
(d) That she pities him and his loneliness.
8. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
9. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She takes a carriage.
(c) She walks.
(d) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
10. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Collins proposes.
(b) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(c) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
(d) Mr. Wickham does not come.
11. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) News that Bingley's business has collapsed and his fortune is lost.
(b) News that they are leaving to London and do not plan to return.
(c) News that Bingley and Mr. Darcy's sister are engaged.
(d) News that Mr. Bingley and his family highly disapproves of the Bennet family.
12. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Caroline Bingley.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
13. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) She is furious.
(d) She is relieved.
14. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(b) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She commends him for his choice.
15. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
(a) Until the end of his origianlly planned visit.
(b) One day.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
2. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
3. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
4. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
5. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)