|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
2. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
3. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
(a) Double her dowry.
(b) Allow them to live at Longbourn.
(c) Visit her often.
(d) Never speak with her again.
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She finds them prideful and rude.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(d) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
5. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
6. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her docility and tenderness.
(b) Her quick temper.
(c) Her polite regard of his status.
(d) Her intelligence and wit.
7. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(b) Reads sermons.
(c) Observes the odd tension in the family.
(d) Listens to Mr. Collins.
8. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
(a) She is extremely happy.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is furious.
9. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She walks.
(c) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(d) She takes a carriage.
10. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Instructs her in proper attire.
(b) Demeans her family.
(c) Peppers her with questions.
(d) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
11. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Dr. Craven.
12. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
13. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Admiral Filkham.
(c) Senator Fanghorn.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
14. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
(a) Sergeant Fillmore.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Senator Fanghorn.
(d) Admiral Filkham.
15. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
(a) Her father.
(b) Lady DeBourgh.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
2. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
3. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
4. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
5. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)