|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
(b) Discussing religious matters with Mr. Collins.
(c) Long talks and long walks.
(d) Writing letters to Jane.
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(b) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
3. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Dr. Craven.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
4. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Peppers her with questions.
(b) Demeans her family.
(c) Instructs her in proper attire.
(d) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
5. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
6. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To check out his future inheritance.
(b) To marry one of the daughters there.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To write himself into the will.
7. How long is Charlotte Lucas' engagement?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 years.
8. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(b) She commends him for his choice.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
9. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Lord Faltwater.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
10. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She is cruel and vindictive.
(b) She needs some time to think it over.
(c) She is playing hard to get.
(d) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
11. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(c) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
12. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
(a) Double her dowry.
(b) Visit her often.
(c) Allow them to live at Longbourn.
(d) Never speak with her again.
13. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
14. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(b) That he has every right to be prideful.
(c) That she pities him and his loneliness.
(d) That he is silly to fear.
15. What is the name of Lady Catherine's house?
(c) Rose Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
2. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
4. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
5. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)