|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Wakes up in a drunken frenzy.
(b) Sleeps in.
(c) Proposes to Elizabeth.
(d) Returns to his home a week before expected.
2. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
(a) Their aunt's house.
(c) The post office.
(d) The regiment office.
3. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 30,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
4. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Lydia's constant prattling.
(b) Mary's poor piano playing.
(c) Mr. Bennet's sarcastic remarks.
(d) Mr. Bingley's absence, and Charlotte's engagement.
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
6. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A proposal of marriage.
(b) A request to hunt on their lands.
(c) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(d) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
7. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(b) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(c) She is sure both parties are deceived.
(d) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
8. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Instructs her in proper attire.
(b) Peppers her with questions.
(c) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
(d) Demeans her family.
9. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
10. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She is cruel and vindictive.
(b) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
(c) She is playing hard to get.
(d) She needs some time to think it over.
11. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
12. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
(b) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
(c) Never returns her visits while in London.
(d) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
13. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
(a) She is extremely happy.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is furious.
14. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Once a fortnight.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
15. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) Lady Catherine's daughter.
(b) Charlotte's new house.
(c) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
(d) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
2. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
5. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)