|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
(a) He does not love Jane.
(b) He is testing Jane's love for him.
(c) His sisters intervened to distract him from Jane.
(d) He truly has important business to attend to.
2. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Lord Faltwater.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Catherine DeBourgh.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
3. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Blushes and cries.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Chides him publicly.
(d) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
4. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(b) It falls dark faster than expected.
(c) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(d) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
5. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
(a) She proclaims it is the perfect match.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She tells him that it can't be true.
(d) She screams in fury.
6. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) A job.
(b) A loving neighbor.
(c) A wife.
(d) More money.
7. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Observes the odd tension in the family.
(b) Listens to Mr. Collins.
(c) Reads sermons.
(d) Gosips with Elizabeth.
8. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
9. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(b) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(c) She commends him for his choice.
(d) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
10. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Elizabeth and Mary.
(b) Jane and Elizabeth.
(c) Lydia and Jane.
(d) Mary and Kitty.
11. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) She is furious.
(d) She is confused.
12. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(b) Admiral Filkham.
(c) Senator Fanghorn.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
13. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 20,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
14. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(a) Militia officer.
15. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
3. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
4. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
5. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)