|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He does not dance well.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(d) He was sent away on business.
2. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
3. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(b) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(c) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
4. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Elizabeth and Mary.
(b) Lydia and Jane.
(c) Jane and Elizabeth.
(d) Mary and Kitty.
5. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
(a) Writing letters to Jane.
(c) Discussing religious matters with Mr. Collins.
(d) Long talks and long walks.
6. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) Since infancy.
(d) 10 years.
7. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Ms. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
8. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Darcy and Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
9. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
10. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
(a) Walk about the room.
(b) Read a book with her.
(c) Play a card game.
(d) Join in a debate.
11. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A proposal of marriage.
(b) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(c) A request to hunt on their lands.
(d) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
12. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
13. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) Lady Catherine's daughter.
(b) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
(c) Charlotte's new house.
(d) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
14. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
15. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
2. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
3. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
4. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
5. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)