|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(b) It falls dark faster than expected.
(c) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(d) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
2. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(b) A proposal of marriage.
(c) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(d) A request to hunt on their lands.
3. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
(a) Since infancy.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She finds them prideful and rude.
(c) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(d) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
5. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
6. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) Too many people heard it.
(b) He wounded her pride.
(c) He did not dance with her.
(d) He seemed to truly mean it.
7. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She screams in fury.
(c) She proclaims it is the perfect match.
(d) She tells him that it can't be true.
8. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Once a fortnight.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a week.
9. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(b) An hour of private conversation.
(c) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
(d) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
10. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) The sale of a great property.
(c) Through trade.
(d) His law firm.
11. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
12. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
13. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
14. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A dance.
(b) A game of whist.
(d) Another conversation.
15. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Read a sermon.
(d) Recite some scripture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
2. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
3. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
4. Where was Elizabeth's favorite aunt raised?
5. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)