|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She finds them prideful and rude.
(b) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(c) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
2. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
3. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She walks.
(b) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(d) She takes a carriage.
4. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
5. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To check out his future inheritance.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To write himself into the will.
(d) To marry one of the daughters there.
6. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Asks her to dance.
(b) Show attention to Lydia.
(c) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(d) Leaves the house.
7. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
8. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
9. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
(a) Visit her often.
(b) Double her dowry.
(c) Never speak with her again.
(d) Allow them to live at Longbourn.
10. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Once a fortnight.
(d) Once a month.
11. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Senator Fanghorn.
(b) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(c) Admiral Filkham.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
12. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(b) They are all females.
(c) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(d) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
13. How long is Charlotte Lucas' engagement?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 years.
14. Where does Jane spend the second half of the winter?
15. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
2. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
3. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
4. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
5. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)