|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lady Catherine's house?
(d) Rose Manor.
2. What is Mr. Darcy's cousin's name?
(a) Admiral Filkham.
(b) Senator Fanghorn.
(c) Colonel Fitzwilliam.
(d) Sergeant Fillmore.
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(b) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
4. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
5. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he is silly to fear.
(b) That she pities him and his loneliness.
(c) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(d) That he has every right to be prideful.
6. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) The sisters, all equally.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(d) Mr. Collins.
7. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Darcy and Bingley.
8. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Lord Faltwater.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Catherine DeBourgh.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
9. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She finds them prideful and rude.
(d) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
10. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
(a) Mr. Wickham.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
11. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) Since infancy.
12. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She is cruel and vindictive.
(b) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
(c) She is playing hard to get.
(d) She needs some time to think it over.
13. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a fortnight.
(d) Twice a week.
14. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
15. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Chides him publicly.
(d) Blushes and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
2. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
3. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
4. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
5. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)