|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) They are all females.
(c) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(d) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
4. How does Elizabeth pass her time while visiting Charlotte at her new house?
(a) Discussing religious matters with Mr. Collins.
(b) Long talks and long walks.
(d) Writing letters to Jane.
5. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) More money.
(b) A wife.
(c) A loving neighbor.
(d) A job.
6. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Dr. Craven.
7. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
(b) Read a sermon.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Recite some scripture.
8. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Miss Bingley.
9. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He did not dance with her.
(b) He wounded her pride.
(c) Too many people heard it.
(d) He seemed to truly mean it.
10. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
11. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A dance.
(b) Another conversation.
(c) A game of whist.
12. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
(b) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
(c) Charlotte's new house.
(d) Lady Catherine's daughter.
13. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
14. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
15. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Gives a sermon.
(d) Flirts madly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
2. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
3. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
4. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
5. Who takes an immediate liking to Elizabeth while she dines at Rosings after church one day?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)