|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3: Chapter 16 | Volume 3: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is always close by Elizabeth as she dines at Rosings one day after church?
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Lady Catherine.
2. What is the purpose behind the surprise visit to Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) A debate over family matters.
(b) A request for advice.
(c) A plea for monetary assistance.
(d) A proposal.
3. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He was sent away on business.
(b) He does not dance well.
(c) He was sick.
(d) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
4. Why does Mr. Bingley return to Netherfield after Wickham has gone to his new post?
(a) To attend the balls of the season.
(b) To enjoy the hunting season.
(c) To further his business.
(d) To sell his house.
5. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Peppers her with questions.
(b) Instructs her in proper attire.
(c) Demeans her family.
(d) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
2. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
3. Who found Lydia and Wickham after they had run away from Brighton?
4. Why is Darcy so surprised by what Elizabeth thanks him for on their walk together?
5. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)