|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3: Chapter 16 | Volume 3: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) His law firm.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Through trade.
2. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Never returns her visits while in London.
(b) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
(c) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
(d) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
3. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She is playing hard to get.
(b) She is cruel and vindictive.
(c) She needs some time to think it over.
(d) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
4. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
5. Why is Elizabeth sad to leave Charlotte?
(a) She feels sorry for leaving her alone with her husband.
(b) Charlotte has no one else to talk with.
(c) She loved being so close to Lady Catherine.
(d) Charlotte is her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
3. What does Elizabeth regret the most about her reactions to Lydia's elopement?
4. Where does Mr. Bennet go to try and find Lydia?
5. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)