|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3: Chapter 16 | Volume 3: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
(c) Blushes and cries.
(d) Chides him publicly.
2. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Lord Faltwater.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Catherine DeBourgh.
3. Why is Elizabeth so gloomy after Lydia leaves for Brighton?
(a) She is upset about her early feelings for Mr. Wickham.
(b) She is worried about Jane.
(c) She is embarassed by her actions towards Mr. Darcy.
(d) She is sure that Lydia will be foolish in Brighton.
4. What is Elizabeth thinking of as she tours the grounds at Mr. Darcy's estate?
(a) She is glad she refused Darcy's offer.
(b) She had no idea Darcy was this rich.
(c) She could have been mistress there.
(d) She might love Darcy after all.
5. What does Elizabeth's favorite aunt warn her against while she is visiting at Longbourn?
(a) To not fall in love with Mr. Wickham.
(b) To not be like her mother.
(c) To never listen to the gossip of the town.
(d) To not allow her sister to wallow in despair over lost love that never was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
2. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's maiden name?
5. What does Elizabeth fault her father for after reading Darcy's letter to her?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)