|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 17 | Volume 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is furious.
2. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Instructs her in proper attire.
(b) Peppers her with questions.
(c) Demeans her family.
(d) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
3. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
(a) Mr. Darcy refused to give him his rightful inheritance.
(b) He gave a promise to the late Mr. Darcy Sr.
(c) He was wrongly accused of a crime.
(d) He feels it is his moral obligation.
4. What causes Elizabeth's severe headache after her conversation with Colonel Fitzwilliam?
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth forced to do while dining at Rosings one day after church?
2. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
3. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
4. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
5. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)