|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 17 | Volume 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(b) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(c) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(d) It falls dark faster than expected.
2. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Darcy and Bingley.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
3. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She commends him for his choice.
(b) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(c) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
4. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
5. What does Charlotte think prompted the unexpected visit to Elizabeth while she and Maria were away in town?
(c) Avoidance of Lady Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
2. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
3. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
4. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
5. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)