|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 17 | Volume 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Caroline Bingley.
2. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He seemed to truly mean it.
(b) He wounded her pride.
(c) He did not dance with her.
(d) Too many people heard it.
3. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
(b) The post office.
(c) Their aunt's house.
(d) The regiment office.
4. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To marry one of the daughters there.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To write himself into the will.
(d) To check out his future inheritance.
5. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She proclaims it is the perfect match.
(c) She screams in fury.
(d) She tells him that it can't be true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
2. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
3. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth repeatedly when she arrives at Longbourn?
4. Where does Jane spend the second half of the winter?
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)