|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 17 | Volume 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(b) That he has every right to be prideful.
(c) That she pities him and his loneliness.
(d) That he is silly to fear.
2. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(b) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
(c) She is sad for Elizabeth.
(d) She is relieved to know the truth.
3. How long does Elizabeth cry after her visitor leaves while she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) An hour.
(b) 2 and a half hours.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) 2 hours.
4. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Darcy and Bingley.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
5. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Dr. Craven.
(d) Mrs. Hurst.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
2. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
3. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
4. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
5. What does Elizabeth say is her main folly after reading her letter from Darcy?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)