|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 17 | Volume 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He does not dance well.
(c) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(d) He was sent away on business.
2. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her quick temper.
(b) Her intelligence and wit.
(c) Her polite regard of his status.
(d) Her docility and tenderness.
3. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He did not dance with her.
(b) He wounded her pride.
(c) Too many people heard it.
(d) He seemed to truly mean it.
5. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Paid for law school.
(b) Gave it to debt collectors.
(c) Gambled it away.
(d) Squander it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jane spend the second half of the winter?
2. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
3. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
5. What is the purpose behind the surprise visit to Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)