|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 2 | Volume 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(b) Reads sermons.
(c) Observes the odd tension in the family.
(d) Listens to Mr. Collins.
2. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He seemed to truly mean it.
(b) He wounded her pride.
(c) He did not dance with her.
(d) Too many people heard it.
3. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He does not dance well.
(c) He was sent away on business.
(d) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
4. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Trying to talk to Darcy.
(b) Writing a letter.
(d) Walking about the room.
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
2. Where is Charlotte's new home located?
3. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
4. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
5. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)