|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 2 | Volume 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
2. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(b) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(c) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
3. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Ms. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
4. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(b) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(c) She commends him for his choice.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
5. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Never returns her visits while in London.
(b) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
(c) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
(d) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
2. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
3. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
4. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
5. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)