|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 2 | Volume 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He seemed to truly mean it.
(b) Too many people heard it.
(c) He wounded her pride.
(d) He did not dance with her.
2. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) More money.
(b) A wife.
(c) A loving neighbor.
(d) A job.
3. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(b) A proposal of marriage.
(c) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(d) A request to hunt on their lands.
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(d) She is upset and dislikes him.
5. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
(a) Leave for home.
(b) Writes to Lady DeBourgh for advice.
(c) Propose to Charlotte.
(d) Tries to find a new profession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
2. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
3. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
4. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
5. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)