|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 2 | Volume 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(b) That she pities him and his loneliness.
(c) That he has every right to be prideful.
(d) That he is silly to fear.
2. What does Miss Bingley do to show Jane how little their friendship means to her?
(a) Rebukes the Bennets for their lack of propriety.
(b) Never returns her visits while in London.
(c) Does not recognize her on the streets of London.
(d) Write to tell her that she can't tarnish her reputation by being seen with her.
3. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(b) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(c) An hour of private conversation.
(d) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
4. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Darcy.
5. What breaks up the conversation between Elizabeth and Wickham at the party at Mrs. Phillip's house?
(a) A game of whist.
(c) Another conversation.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
3. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
4. What does Lydia say to Lord Lucas when he comes bearing news of his daughter's upcoming nuptials?
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)