|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He wounded her pride.
(b) Too many people heard it.
(c) He seemed to truly mean it.
(d) He did not dance with her.
2. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
3. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
(b) An hour of private conversation.
(c) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(d) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
4. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
5. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(a) Militia officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
2. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
3. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
4. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
5. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)