|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(b) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(c) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(d) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
2. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She finds them prideful and rude.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(d) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
3. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) Until the end of his origianlly planned visit.
4. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her nerves.
(b) Her poor match.
(c) Her unmarried daughters.
(d) Her husband's unkindness.
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(d) She is upset and dislikes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
2. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
3. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
4. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
5. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)