|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
2. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) News that Mr. Bingley and his family highly disapproves of the Bennet family.
(b) News that they are leaving to London and do not plan to return.
(c) News that Bingley's business has collapsed and his fortune is lost.
(d) News that Bingley and Mr. Darcy's sister are engaged.
3. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her intelligence and wit.
(b) Her polite regard of his status.
(c) Her docility and tenderness.
(d) Her quick temper.
4. According to Wickham, why was he forced to become a foot soldier?
(a) He feels it is his moral obligation.
(b) He was wrongly accused of a crime.
(c) He gave a promise to the late Mr. Darcy Sr.
(d) Mr. Darcy refused to give him his rightful inheritance.
5. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
(a) Since infancy.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Collin's first choice as a wife?
2. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
3. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
4. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
5. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)