|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(b) She commends him for his choice.
(c) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
2. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(b) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(c) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
(d) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
3. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Collins.
4. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She needs some time to think it over.
(b) She is cruel and vindictive.
(c) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
(d) She is playing hard to get.
5. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 50,000 pounds.
(b) 20,000 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
3. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
4. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
5. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)