|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That she pities him and his loneliness.
(b) That he has every right to be prideful.
(c) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(d) That he is silly to fear.
2. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Caroline Bingley.
(d) Charlotte Lucas.
3. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
(a) Their aunt's house.
(c) The regiment office.
(d) The post office.
4. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
(a) He does not dance well.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He wanted to avoid a public scene with Darcy.
(d) He was sent away on business.
5. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She finds them prideful and rude.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(d) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
2. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
3. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
4. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
5. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)