|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
(a) Visit her often.
(b) Double her dowry.
(c) Never speak with her again.
(d) Allow them to live at Longbourn.
2. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
(b) She is cruel and vindictive.
(c) She is playing hard to get.
(d) She needs some time to think it over.
3. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
4. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Sleeps in.
(b) Proposes to Elizabeth.
(c) Wakes up in a drunken frenzy.
(d) Returns to his home a week before expected.
5. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Lady DeBourgh.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
2. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
3. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
4. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
5. Where do the Bennet sisters go after their chance meeting on the way to Meryton?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)