|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mr. Wickham known Mr. Darcy?
(a) 6 months.
(b) Since infancy.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Dr. Craven.
3. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
(a) Writes to Lady DeBourgh for advice.
(b) Propose to Charlotte.
(c) Tries to find a new profession.
(d) Leave for home.
4. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is sure both parties are deceived.
(b) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(c) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(d) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
5. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(b) She confronts him about it.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
2. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
3. What is Wickham's excuse for not attending the ball at Netherfield?
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)