|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(b) It falls dark faster than expected.
(c) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(d) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
2. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
3. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Show attention to Lydia.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(d) Asks her to dance.
4. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(b) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(c) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(d) She commends him for his choice.
5. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Darcy make every year?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
4. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
5. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)