|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do when the Bennets and Lucases dine together after Elizabeth's refusal of Mr. Collins?
(a) Listens to Mr. Collins.
(b) Gosips with Elizabeth.
(c) Observes the odd tension in the family.
(d) Reads sermons.
2. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the Bennets and Lucases dine together?
(a) Propose to Charlotte.
(b) Writes to Lady DeBourgh for advice.
(c) Tries to find a new profession.
(d) Leave for home.
3. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
4. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Darcy and Bingley.
(d) Mr. Hurst.
5. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
(b) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(c) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(d) She is sure both parties are deceived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
2. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
3. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
4. Who do the Bennet sisters meet on their walk to Meryton while Mr. Collins is visiting?
5. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)