|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Dr. Craven.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
3. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(b) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(c) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(d) It falls dark faster than expected.
4. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he is silly to fear.
(b) That he has every right to be prideful.
(c) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(d) That she pities him and his loneliness.
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
2. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
3. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)