|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
2. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He is becoming too fond of her.
(b) He wants his house to himself again.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
3. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
4. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
5. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(b) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(c) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(d) She commends him for his choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
2. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)