|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The royal family.
(b) The Bingleys.
(c) A regiment of soldiers.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
2. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
3. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(b) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She confronts him about it.
4. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her polite regard of his status.
(b) Her docility and tenderness.
(c) Her quick temper.
(d) Her intelligence and wit.
5. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he has every right to be prideful.
(b) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(c) That he is silly to fear.
(d) That she pities him and his loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
2. How much money does Darcy make every year?
3. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
4. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
5. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)