|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her nerves.
(b) Her unmarried daughters.
(c) Her husband's unkindness.
(d) Her poor match.
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(b) It falls dark faster than expected.
(c) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(d) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
3. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She commends him for his choice.
(b) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(c) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(d) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
4. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Dr. Craven.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
5. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(a) Militia officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
3. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
4. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)