|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(b) She cries and runs away.
(c) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(d) She confronts him about it.
2. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The royal family.
(b) The Bingleys.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) A regiment of soldiers.
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Lord Faltwater.
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He wounded her pride.
(b) He seemed to truly mean it.
(c) He did not dance with her.
(d) Too many people heard it.
5. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
4. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
5. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)