|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He did not dance with her.
(b) Too many people heard it.
(c) He wounded her pride.
(d) He seemed to truly mean it.
2. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
3. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Mary and Kitty.
(b) Lydia and Jane.
(c) Jane and Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth and Mary.
4. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
5. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Hurst.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
4. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
5. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)