|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
(a) Join in a debate.
(b) Walk about the room.
(c) Read a book with her.
(d) Play a card game.
2. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(b) Militia officer.
3. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(d) She is upset and dislikes him.
4. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(c) The sisters, all equally.
5. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(b) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(c) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(d) She commends him for his choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
2. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
3. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
4. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
5. Who does Caroline want her brother to marry?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)