|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He is becoming too fond of her.
(b) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(c) He wants his house to himself again.
(d) He is tired of fighting with her.
2. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Dr. Craven.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Playing a card game.
(b) Needlepoint work.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Writing a letter.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(b) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She confronts him about it.
5. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Miss Bingley.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Hurst.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
3. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)