|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(b) She confronts him about it.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She plans to take vengeance on him.
2. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(b) He is becoming too fond of her.
(c) He wants his house to himself again.
(d) He is tired of fighting with her.
3. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
4. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(b) She takes a carriage.
(d) She walks.
5. What does Caroline convince Elizabeth to do while in the drawing room on her third night at Netherfield?
(a) Join in a debate.
(b) Play a card game.
(c) Walk about the room.
(d) Read a book with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
2. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
3. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
4. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
5. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)