|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
2. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Darcy.
3. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(b) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(c) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(d) It falls dark faster than expected.
4. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) Through trade.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) The sale of a great property.
(d) His law firm.
5. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She confronts him about it.
(b) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(c) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(d) She cries and runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Darcy make every year?
2. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
5. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)