|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady De Bourgh.
(b) Lady Lucas.
(c) Lady Catherine.
(d) Lady Collins.
2. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He wants his house to himself again.
(b) He is becoming too fond of her.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
3. Who joins the party at Netherfield in the drawing room on Elizabeth's third night at Netherfield -- much to Mr. Bingley's pleasure?
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(c) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
2. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
3. Who convinces Jane to stay at Netherfield one more night when she is well enough to return home?
4. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
5. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)