|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 13 | Volume 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her husband's unkindness.
(b) Her poor match.
(c) Her nerves.
(d) Her unmarried daughters.
3. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Darcy and Bingley.
4. Why is Darcy most happy to see Elizabeth return to her own home after her stay at Netherfield?
(a) He is tired of fighting with her.
(b) He wants his house to himself again.
(c) He wants some time alone with Caroline.
(d) He is becoming too fond of her.
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(d) She is upset and dislikes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
3. Who is the happiest to see Jane and Elizabeth head home from Netherfield?
4. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
5. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)