|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) Mr. Bennet.
(b) The sisters, all equally.
(c) Mr. Collins.
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) It falls dark faster than expected.
(b) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(c) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(d) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her nerves.
(b) Her husband's unkindness.
(c) Her poor match.
(d) Her unmarried daughters.
4. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She commends him for his choice.
(b) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
5. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
3. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
4. How much money does Darcy make every year?
5. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)