|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Dr. Craven.
2. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
(b) She commends him for his choice.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
3. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She takes a carriage.
(b) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(c) She walks.
4. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 30,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 20,000 pounds.
5. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Ms. Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
2. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)