|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(b) She walks.
(c) She takes a carriage.
2. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
3. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She finds them prideful and rude.
(c) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
4. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) The sale of a great property.
(c) His law firm.
(d) Through trade.
5. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Ms. Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
2. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
3. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)