|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) It falls dark faster than expected.
(b) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(c) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(d) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
2. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her nerves.
(b) Her unmarried daughters.
(c) Her poor match.
(d) Her husband's unkindness.
3. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She finds them prideful and rude.
(b) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(c) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
4. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Lydia and Jane.
(b) Mary and Kitty.
(c) Elizabeth and Mary.
(d) Jane and Elizabeth.
5. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) A regiment of soldiers.
(c) The royal family.
(d) The Bingleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
4. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
5. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)