|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(c) She finds them prideful and rude.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
2. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
3. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) Through trade.
(c) His law firm.
(d) An inheritance.
4. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Dr. Craven.
5. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The royal family.
(b) The Bingleys.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) A regiment of soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
2. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)