|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Bingley's wish to befriend in the Bennet household?
(a) Jane and Elizabeth.
(b) Lydia and Jane.
(c) Mary and Kitty.
(d) Elizabeth and Mary.
2. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
3. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her docility and tenderness.
(b) Her intelligence and wit.
(c) Her quick temper.
(d) Her polite regard of his status.
4. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Collins.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Lady Lucas.
(d) Lady De Bourgh.
5. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
2. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
5. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)