|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Dr. Craven.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
2. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her unmarried daughters.
(b) Her poor match.
(c) Her husband's unkindness.
(d) Her nerves.
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Miss Bingley.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
4. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(b) She takes a carriage.
(c) She walks.
(d) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
5. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 20,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
2. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
3. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
4. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
5. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)