|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He seemed to truly mean it.
(b) Too many people heard it.
(c) He wounded her pride.
(d) He did not dance with her.
2. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
(a) Her poor match.
(b) Her unmarried daughters.
(c) Her husband's unkindness.
(d) Her nerves.
3. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Dr. Craven.
(b) Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
4. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That she pities him and his loneliness.
(b) That he is silly to fear.
(c) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(d) That he has every right to be prideful.
5. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
(d) The sisters, all equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
5. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)