|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) A wife.
(b) A loving neighbor.
(c) A job.
(d) More money.
2. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
3. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Darcy and Bingley.
4. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Needlepoint work.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Playing a card game.
(d) Writing a letter.
5. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(c) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
2. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
3. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
4. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
5. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)