|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(c) She finds them prideful and rude.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
2. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Playing a card game.
(b) Needlepoint work.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading a book.
4. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
(a) That he is silly to fear.
(b) That he was raised to be selfish, so it isn't all his fault.
(c) That he has every right to be prideful.
(d) That she pities him and his loneliness.
5. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
2. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
3. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
4. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
5. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)