|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) Through trade.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) His law firm.
(d) The sale of a great property.
2. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her quick temper.
(b) Her docility and tenderness.
(c) Her intelligence and wit.
(d) Her polite regard of his status.
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) A regiment of soldiers.
(c) The Bingleys.
(d) The royal family.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She cries and runs away.
(b) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(c) She confronts him about it.
(d) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
5. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
(a) He wounded her pride.
(b) He did not dance with her.
(c) Too many people heard it.
(d) He seemed to truly mean it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
2. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)