|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Playing a card game.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Needlepoint work.
(d) Writing a letter.
2. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) A loving neighbor.
(b) A job.
(c) More money.
(d) A wife.
3. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
4. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
5. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Ms. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
2. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
4. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
5. Why does Elizabeth say it is so hard for her to forgive Mr. Darcy's statement about her at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)