|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She cries and runs away.
(b) She confronts him about it.
(c) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(d) She plans to take vengeance on him.
2. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) Through trade.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) His law firm.
(d) The sale of a great property.
3. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
(a) More money.
(b) A job.
(c) A wife.
(d) A loving neighbor.
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(b) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(c) She finds them prideful and rude.
(d) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
5. Who is Mr. Bennett's favorite daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
2. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
3. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
4. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
5. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)