|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Dr. Craven.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Mrs. Hurst.
2. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
(d) The sisters, all equally.
3. What does Miss Bingley say to Darcy when he tells her of his growing fondness for Elizabeth at the Lucas' house?
(a) She begins to ridicule the Bennet family.
(b) She commends him for his choice.
(c) She reminds him that he is already betrothed.
(d) She laughs out loud and runs to tell her sister.
4. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
5. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady De Bourgh.
(b) Lady Catherine.
(c) Lady Collins.
(d) Lady Lucas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
2. What does Miss Lucas say about Mr. Darcy after the first ball of the book?
3. What does Mrs. Bennett think all single men are in pursuit of?
4. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
5. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)