Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 21 | Volume 1: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a rift in the friendship between Elizabeth and Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte rebukes Elizabeth for refusing Mr. Collins.
(b) Charlotte accepts Mr. Collin's proposal.
(c) Charlotte speaks unkindly to Mr. Collins about Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth rebukes Charlotte for refusing Mr. Collins.
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) It falls dark faster than expected.
(b) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(c) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(d) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
3. What is in the letter from Caroline Bingley that distresses Jane a few days after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) News that Mr. Bingley and his family highly disapproves of the Bennet family.
(b) News that Bingley and Mr. Darcy's sister are engaged.
(c) News that they are leaving to London and do not plan to return.
(d) News that Bingley's business has collapsed and his fortune is lost.
4. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To ask for a loan.
(b) To write himself into the will.
(c) To check out his future inheritance.
(d) To marry one of the daughters there.
5. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) Through trade.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) His law firm.
(d) The sale of a great property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
2. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
3. What does Mary spend most of her time doing?
4. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
5. How long does Mr. Collins stay at Longbourn after he is refused?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)