|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 9 | Volume 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Trying to talk to Darcy.
(c) Walking about the room.
2. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She confronts him about it.
(b) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She plans to take vengeance on him.
3. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
4. While Bingley is beginning to court Jane, what does Mr. Darcy begin to notice about Lizzie that makes her more beautiful in his eyes?
(a) Her polite regard of his status.
(b) Her docility and tenderness.
(c) Her quick temper.
(d) Her intelligence and wit.
5. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) His law firm.
(d) Through trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Mrs. Bennett have?
2. What does Elizabeth say causes Darcy to say the horrible things that he does about her at the first ball of the book?
3. What does Mrs. Bennett complain of when her husband denies the request to meet the man who has bought Netherfield?
4. What is the name of the man who has just bought Netherfield?
5. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)