|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3: Chapter 8 | Volume 3: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
2. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
(a) Lady DeBourgh.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
3. Why does Elizabeth think that Bingley left Netherfield so suddenly in the first place?
(a) He does not love Jane.
(b) He is testing Jane's love for him.
(c) He truly has important business to attend to.
(d) His sisters intervened to distract him from Jane.
4. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is sure both parties are deceived.
(b) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
(c) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(d) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She takes a carriage.
(b) She walks.
(c) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
2. What does Mr. Bennet refuse to do when he hears that Lydia is to be married?
3. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
4. What does Mr. Gardiner do with Mr. Darcy when he visits Pemberley with Elizabeth?
5. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)