|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3: Chapter 8 | Volume 3: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Charlotte and her husband dine with Lady Catherine?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Once a fortnight.
(d) Twice a week.
2. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(c) Militia officer.
3. What does Mr. Bennet tell Elizabeth he will do if she accepts Mr. Collin's proposal?
(a) Allow them to live at Longbourn.
(b) Never speak with her again.
(c) Double her dowry.
(d) Visit her often.
4. Who does Elizabeth seek out to protect her against further advances from Mr. Collins?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Lady DeBourgh.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
5. What makes Mrs. Bennet ill and irritable after Elizabeth refuses Mr. Collins?
(a) Mr. Bingley's absence, and Charlotte's engagement.
(b) Lydia's constant prattling.
(c) Mary's poor piano playing.
(d) Mr. Bennet's sarcastic remarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bennet respond to the news of Elizabeth's initial refusal the night after the ball at Longbourn?
2. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
3. Who helps to dispel the gloom in Longbourn during the winter?
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
5. What does Elizabeth realize her poor treatment from people at Pemberley really comes from?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)