|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3: Chapter 8 | Volume 3: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing anyone talks about during Elizabeth's first day at Charlotte's house?
(a) Lady Catherine's daughter.
(b) Charlotte's new house.
(c) The upcoming dinner at Rosings.
(d) Mr. Collins' parishoners.
2. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
(a) He was ashamed of the Bennets.
(b) He didn't think Jane loved him.
(c) He wants Bingley to marry his sister.
(d) He felt that Bingley would regret his choice.
3. How does Elizabeth describe her first reaction to Lady Catherine?
(a) Thin and sickly.
(b) Large and haughty.
(c) Proud and loud.
(d) Shrewd and arrogant.
4. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
(a) She is sad for Elizabeth.
(b) She is relieved to know the truth.
(c) She was sure that Mr. Darcy was innocent.
(d) She is shocked at how horrible he is.
5. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Miss Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth sad to leave Charlotte?
2. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
3. What is the purpose behind the surprise visit to Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
4. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
5. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)