|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3: Chapter 8 | Volume 3: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(b) An hour of private conversation.
(c) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(d) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
2. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To check out his future inheritance.
(b) To marry one of the daughters there.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To write himself into the will.
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The royal family.
(b) A regiment of soldiers.
(c) The Bingleys.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
4. Where does the regiment of soldiers go after leaving Meryton?
5. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Paid for law school.
(b) Gambled it away.
(c) Squander it.
(d) Gave it to debt collectors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
2. What does Mr. Bennet congratulate Elizabeth for when he returns from searching for Lydia?
3. What is Jane's reaction when she hears about the true story of Mr. Wickham?
4. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
5. Where does Mr. Bingley choose to spend his winter?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)