|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
2. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Darcy and Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
3. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She finds them prideful and rude.
(c) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
4. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Wickham.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
2. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
3. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
4. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
5. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)