|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A request to hunt on their lands.
(b) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(c) A proposal of marriage.
(d) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
2. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Lucas.
(b) Lady Collins.
(c) Lady De Bourgh.
(d) Lady Catherine.
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(b) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She confronts him about it.
(b) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She plans to take vengeance on him.
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(b) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(c) She walks.
(d) She takes a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
5. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)