|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Collins.
(b) Lady De Bourgh.
(c) Lady Lucas.
(d) Lady Catherine.
2. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Gives a sermon.
(d) Flirts madly.
3. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(b) Asks her to dance.
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Show attention to Lydia.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She cries and runs away.
(b) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(c) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(d) She confronts him about it.
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She takes a carriage.
(b) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(d) She walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
2. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
3. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
5. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)