|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(b) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(c) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(d) They are all females.
2. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Asks her to dance.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(d) Show attention to Lydia.
3. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Lucas.
(b) Lady Collins.
(c) Lady Catherine.
(d) Lady De Bourgh.
4. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) A regiment of soldiers.
(b) The Bingleys.
(c) The royal family.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
5. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Catherine DeBourgh.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Lord Faltwater.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Darcy make every year?
2. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
3. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
4. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
5. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)