|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Gives a sermon.
(d) Flirts madly.
2. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(b) She takes a carriage.
(c) She walks.
3. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
(b) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(c) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(d) An hour of private conversation.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(b) She confronts him about it.
(c) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(d) She cries and runs away.
5. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Miss Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
2. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
3. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
4. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
5. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)