|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) An hour of private conversation.
(b) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(c) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(d) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) They are all females.
(c) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(d) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
3. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
(b) It falls dark faster than expected.
(c) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(d) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
4. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Darcy and Bingley.
5. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Show attention to Lydia.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Warmly embraces Wickham.
(d) Asks her to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
2. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
3. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
4. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
5. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)