|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A request to hunt on their lands.
(b) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(c) A proposal of marriage.
(d) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(b) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Needlepoint work.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Playing a card game.
4. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Ms. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
5. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Darcy and Bingley.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
2. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
3. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
4. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)