|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) His law firm.
(c) Through trade.
(d) An inheritance.
2. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(b) The sisters, all equally.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
3. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(b) Mr. Collins proposes.
(c) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(d) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
4. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(b) A request to hunt on their lands.
(c) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(d) A proposal of marriage.
5. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
(a) To check out his future inheritance.
(b) To write himself into the will.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To marry one of the daughters there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
2. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
4. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)