|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
2. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Needlepoint work.
(b) Playing a card game.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading a book.
3. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) The sisters, all equally.
(d) Mr. Bennet.
4. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(b) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(c) She is sure both parties are deceived.
(d) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
5. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Ms. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
4. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
5. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)