|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
2. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Catherine DeBourgh.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Lord Faltwater.
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Playing a card game.
(c) Needlepoint work.
(d) Reading a book.
4. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is sure both parties are deceived.
(b) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
(c) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(d) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
5. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is upset and dislikes him.
(c) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(d) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
2. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
4. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)