|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She finds them prideful and rude.
(d) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
2. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(b) She confronts him about it.
(c) She cries and runs away.
(d) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Bingleys.
(b) The royal family.
(c) A regiment of soldiers.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
4. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) Through trade.
(c) His law firm.
(d) An inheritance.
5. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
2. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
5. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)