|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Darcy make every year?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
2. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(b) She is upset and dislikes him.
(c) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(d) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Needlepoint work.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Playing a card game.
(d) Reading a book.
4. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Trying to talk to Darcy.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Walking about the room.
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(b) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
2. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
4. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)