|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(b) They are all females.
(c) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(d) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
2. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Wickham.
(d) Mr. Collins.
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Hurst.
(b) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
4. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Flirts madly.
(d) Gives a sermon.
5. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(b) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(c) A request to hunt on their lands.
(d) A proposal of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
2. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
5. How much money does Darcy make every year?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)