|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth happy to see leave Netherfield while she is there caring for Jane?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Ms. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
2. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) Through trade.
(c) His law firm.
(d) The sale of a great property.
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Miss Bingley.
4. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(b) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Collins proposes.
(d) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
5. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Gives a sermon.
(b) Flirts madly.
(c) Dances very poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
4. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
5. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)