|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Lucas.
(b) Lady Collins.
(c) Lady Catherine.
(d) Lady De Bourgh.
2. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The royal family.
(b) The Bingleys.
(c) A regiment of soldiers.
(d) Mr. Darcy.
3. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
(a) Needlepoint work.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Playing a card game.
4. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(b) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(c) A proposal of marriage.
(d) A request to hunt on their lands.
5. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She finds them prideful and rude.
(b) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(c) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(d) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
4. How much money does Darcy make every year?
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)