|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(b) She walks.
(d) She takes a carriage.
2. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(b) Militia officer.
3. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Miss Bingley.
4. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) His law firm.
(c) Through trade.
(d) An inheritance.
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(c) They are all females.
(d) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
3. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
4. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
5. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)