|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is upset and dislikes him.
(d) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) It falls dark faster than expected.
(b) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(c) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(d) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
3. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She finds them prideful and rude.
(b) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(c) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(d) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
4. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
(a) The sale of a great property.
(b) His law firm.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Through trade.
5. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(c) She walks.
(d) She takes a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
2. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
5. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)