|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
2. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
(a) Lady Lucas.
(b) Lady Collins.
(c) Lady Catherine.
(d) Lady De Bourgh.
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) They are all females.
(c) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(d) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
4. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
(b) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(c) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
(d) Mr. Collins proposes.
5. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
2. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
3. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
5. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)