|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(b) She takes a carriage.
(d) She walks.
2. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) A proposal of marriage.
(b) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(c) A request to hunt on their lands.
(d) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Mr. Darcy.
(b) Catherine DeBourgh.
(c) Lord Faltwater.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
(a) She thinks they are terribly dimwitted.
(b) She thinks they are sweet and tasteful.
(c) She thinks they are elegant and fine.
(d) She finds them prideful and rude.
5. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(a) Dances very poorly.
(b) Flirts madly.
(d) Gives a sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
3. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
4. Where did Mr. Bingley obtain his large fortune?
5. Who gives Mrs. Bennett a description of Mr. Bingley when her husband will not?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)