|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Wickham does not come.
(b) Charlotte Lucas is too busy to speak with her.
(c) Mr. Collins proposes.
(d) She has to talk with Mr. Darcy.
2. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(b) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(c) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
(d) She is sure both parties are deceived.
3. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) An hour of private conversation.
(b) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(c) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
(d) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
4. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(b) Gives a sermon.
(c) Flirts madly.
(d) Dances very poorly.
5. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
2. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
3. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
5. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)