|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She walks.
(c) She takes a carriage.
(d) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
2. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
(a) An invitation to a ball at Netherfield.
(b) A request to hunt on their lands.
(c) A true explanation of the history between Wickham and Darcy.
(d) A proposal of marriage.
3. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Lord Faltwater.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She plans to take vengeance on him.
(b) She cries and runs away.
(c) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(d) She confronts him about it.
5. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
(a) She is sure both parties are deceived.
(b) She is certain that it is true and is ready to spread the news to everyone.
(c) She is angry and feels the need to end her engagement with Bingley.
(d) She knows this to be false and is confused about what to do about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth doing to pass the time on her second evening at Netherfield while caring for Jane?
2. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
3. Who is to inherit Longbourn when Mr. Bennet dies?
4. How much money does Darcy make every year?
5. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)