|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Darcy do at the Netherfield ball that is extremely surprising to Elizabeth?
(a) Asks her to dance.
(b) Show attention to Lydia.
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Warmly embraces Wickham.
2. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Catherine DeBourgh.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Lord Faltwater.
3. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
(a) Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Dr. Craven.
4. What does Elizabeth do when she hears Mr. Darcy slight her at the first ball of the book?
(a) She cries and runs away.
(b) She laughs and tells the story to all her friends.
(c) She confronts him about it.
(d) She plans to take vengeance on him.
5. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) An hour of private conversation.
(b) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(c) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(d) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bingley and his sisters come to Longbourn to personally deliver?
2. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
3. What is Miss Bingley doing to amuse herself on Elizabeth's second evening at Netherfield?
4. What is the most disappointing part for Elizabeth at the ball at Netherfield?
5. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)