|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Chapter 17 | Volume 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do at the ball at Netherfield to embarrass Elizabeth?
(b) Flirts madly.
(c) Gives a sermon.
(d) Dances very poorly.
2. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She gets caught in the rain and falls ill.
(b) Miss Bingley asks her to stay.
(c) It falls dark faster than expected.
(d) She twists her ankle and is unable to travel home.
3. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
(a) She walks.
(b) Her father hires a stage coach to take her.
(d) She takes a carriage.
4. Who stops the argument between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy on her second evening at Netherfield?
(b) Mr. Hurst.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
5. What favor does Mr. Collins ask of Elizabeth after Bingley and his sisters visit Longbourn?
(a) To read some of Frodyce's sermons with him and her sisters.
(b) Some advice about how to propose to her sister.
(c) Her first two dances at the ball at Netherfield.
(d) An hour of private conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Darcy make every year?
2. Who does Elizabeth call on to decide whether or not Jane is well enough to go home after her first night at Netherfield?
3. How many times does Darcy dance at the first ball of the book?
4. What does Elizabeth first think of Bingley's sisters when they are introduced?
5. What is Jane's reaction to Mr. Wickham's portrayal of Mr. Darcy?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)