|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 11 | Volume 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(b) She is upset and dislikes him.
(c) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(d) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
2. How long does Elizabeth cry after her visitor leaves while she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
(a) An hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) 2 and a half hours.
(d) 2 hours.
3. What is Mr. Collin's profession?
(d) Militia officer.
4. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
(a) She is cruel and vindictive.
(b) She has lost a vital chance at a good match.
(c) She is playing hard to get.
(d) She needs some time to think it over.
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) They are all females.
(c) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
(d) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
2. How does Jane travel to the Bingley's house when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
3. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
5. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)