|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 11 | Volume 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Meryton that offers more gossip than Lydia can handle at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Bingleys.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) A regiment of soldiers.
(d) The royal family.
2. Who comes to visit Jane while she is stuck at Netherfield after dining with Miss Bingley?
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
3. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(b) They are all females.
(c) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(d) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
4. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(b) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
(c) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(d) She is upset and dislikes him.
5. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
(a) Lord Faltwater.
(b) Mr. Darcy.
(c) Catherine DeBourgh.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
2. What does Mr. Collins do the morning after the ball at Netherfield?
3. Who comes to see Elizabeth while she is at home with a headache when she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
4. What is the name of Lady Catherine's house?
5. What does Mr. Collins think about Elizabeth's initial refusal of him the night after the ball at Netherfield?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)