|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 11 | Volume 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Blushes and cries.
(b) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
(c) Chides him publicly.
(d) Ignores him.
2. Who defends Elizabeth when Miss Bingley starts speaking poorly of her after their dinner together?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Hurst.
(d) Darcy and Bingley.
3. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Gambled it away.
(b) Squander it.
(c) Gave it to debt collectors.
(d) Paid for law school.
4. Who does Mr. Bennet announce will be dining with them at Longbourn shortly after Jane returns home from Netherfield?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Mr. Wickham.
5. Why are Mr. Bennet's closest relatives not to inherit his house and fortune after he dies?
(a) They are all females.
(b) He does not trust them to do what is wise with the property.
(c) He feels ashamed of his closest relations.
(d) He promised his father to care for his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
2. Who is Mr. Collins closely associated with that gives him great pride?
3. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
4. What is the purpose of Mr. Collin's visit to Longbourn?
5. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)