|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Chapter 11 | Volume 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bennet's initial reaction to the news of their visitor shortly after Jane arrives home from Netherfield?
(a) She is scared and feels intimidated.
(b) She is confused but flattered at the attention.
(c) She is upset and dislikes him.
(d) She is thrilled and plans a lavish meal.
2. According to Mr. Darcy, why did he break up the growing relationship between Jane and Mr. Bingley?
(a) He was ashamed of the Bennets.
(b) He didn't think Jane loved him.
(c) He felt that Bingley would regret his choice.
(d) He wants Bingley to marry his sister.
3. What did Mr. Wickham really do with the money he inherited from Mr. Darcy's father?
(a) Squander it.
(b) Gambled it away.
(c) Gave it to debt collectors.
(d) Paid for law school.
4. What does Lady Catherine do to Elizabeth during her first dinner at Lady Catherine's home?
(a) Peppers her with questions.
(b) Compliments her refusal of Mr. Collins.
(c) Instructs her in proper attire.
(d) Demeans her family.
5. What does Charlotte do when her husband says silly and embarrassing statements?
(a) Blushes and cries.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Chides him publicly.
(d) Closes her eyes and appears to count to ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane forced to stay at Netherfield overnight when she is asked to dine there by Miss Bingley?
2. How long does Elizabeth cry after her visitor leaves while she is supposed to be dining with Lady Catherine?
3. What is Charlotte's sister's name?
4. Who comes to visit Elizabeth shortly after she refuses Mr. Collins?
5. How does Elizabeth describe her first reaction to Lady Catherine?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)