|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jack work after graduating from college?
2. How tall is the main fabrication building?
3. Does Jack think it is possible for AI to become self-aware?
4. How difficult is molecule manufacturing?
5. Which types of programs does Jack think are becoming more important in the real world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charley Davenport.
2. Describe Annie Gerard's personality.
3. Why does Jack think that Julia is having an affair?
4. Why does one of the PR men for Xymos get out of the helicopter? Why do the other PR men tell him not to?
5. Why does Jack feel that his memories do not fit his life any longer?
6. What type of job did Jack have before he was fired?
7. Why is Mary worried about her husband?
8. What concerns Jack about the sprinklers turning on the morning of Day 3?
9. Describe Jack's physical qualities.
10. What reason does Mary give for Ricky and Julia's strange behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is an element that pulses throughout Prey. Write an essay exploring the ideas of love and redemption. How is Julia redeemed right before death? How does she hold on to the love she has for her family despite being a host for the swarm? Why does Jack still love Julia despite all that has happened? What good memories of her does he still posses? Provide specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Jack and Julia's children are put in a difficult position in Prey. Their mother is rarely home for dinner and their father is the only parent they ever spend time with. The children can tell that something is wrong with their mother, yet they can do little about it. Write an essay detailing the things Nicole, Eric, and Amanda are put through. Why does Julia violently spank Amanda? Why does Julia refuse to hold Amanda when she comes home from the hospital? Why do the older children say their mother is crazy? What sorts of things has she done that makes them think such a thing? Provide specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is an element several of the characters experience. While some characters are more sacrificial than others, there are many instances of people trying to help each other in times of duress and need. Write an essay detailing the sacrificial actions some of the characters take for others. Which character sacrifices the most? How so? Explain. Which characters sacrifice the least? Why? Are there any characters that do nothing for anyone but themselves? If so, who is it and why do they do it? Provide specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)