|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the baby that Pretty-shield and the other girls offered to take care of in Chapter 5?
2. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
3. What tribe did Good-trader come from?
4. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
5. What was the name of Goes-together's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to good buffalo horses when they ran after buffalo?
2. What did Pretty-shield's buffalo horse do when she didn't shoot a calf they were chasing after?
3. What did Pretty-shield bring for Linderman in the tiny buckskin pouch and what did she warn him against after handing it to him?
4. At the end of Chapter 5, what did Linderman ask Pretty-shield as she walked stiffly to the door, and what was Pretty-shield's reply?
5. Why did Pretty-shield bring up the subject of the prisoners locked up in the Agency jail?
6. What was the only instance where a woman's name could be changed, according to Pretty-shield?
7. What did Kills-good use for dishes and drinking cups?
8. What was Pretty-shield's answer to the question that Linderman asked concerning how a man treated a married sister-in-law?
9. Describe Kills-good.
10. Describe how Pretty-shield's kicking ball was made.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After reading this book, what were some ideas of important staples the Crow people had in every day life? How does Pretty-shield incorporate these staples into her stories? How does she describe the need for these particular items? How do you think the Crow life would be different without one, some, or all of these staples?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the conflicts that Pretty-shield had to face as the subject of the book. What are some of the different individuals, forces of nature, or ideas that caused conflict in Pretty-shield's experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the experiences that Pretty-shield had during her lifetime helped shape her into the person she was when Linderman interviewed her? Name one story from Pretty-shield's life and explain the personal attributes of Pretty-shield this contributed to.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)