|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Goes-together's husband?
2. What did Pretty-shield tell Linderman that she likes to do and that she always had?
3. When Pretty-shield was stuck in the herd of running buffalo, what struck her in the face?
4. What did buffalo-runners rub their hands with so their fingers would be nimble in handling their bow and arrows?
5. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pretty-shield say to the woman who stopped at the creek with her baby to let her horse drink?
2. How did Pretty-shield and the old mare make it out of the middle of a herd of running buffalo?
3. How did the Crows get the Smallpox, and how did it affect their tribe?
4. What are a couple of the things that Pretty-shield describes as being "strange things" in Crow country?
5. What did Pretty-shield tell Linderman about the white bear or grizzly bear?
6. Why did Pretty-shield bring up the subject of the prisoners locked up in the Agency jail?
7. Describe the kicking ball game that Pretty-shield talks about playing in Chapter 8.
8. Describe Kills-good.
9. What was the only instance where a woman's name could be changed, according to Pretty-shield?
10. What did Pretty-shield state the Crows are fond of doing, in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What new thing or things did you learn about the Crow culture from this book? What things surprised you or enlightened about the Crow way of life? Use specific information to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the experiences that Pretty-shield had during her lifetime helped shape her into the person she was when Linderman interviewed her? Name one story from Pretty-shield's life and explain the personal attributes of Pretty-shield this contributed to.
Essay Topic 3
Pretty-shield told the story of receiving the scar on her forehead. What events led up to this scar? Do you think the scar is a reminder to Pretty-shield of more than just an injury? How could this situation been better? How could it have been worse?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)